billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been collecting used and China made solar panels.

Where's the best place to buy 8 L-16 deep cycle batteries?

Bill

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into getting some old pallet jack batteries or fork lift units .... most are OK but will not work for full 8_hour shift (diminished capacity) .... those things are the way to go. Otherwise if you have big bucks ... use excide 2-volt cell banks on racks. Commercial systems use that approaoch. My suggestion is to go find a waterfall or falling stream and tap into it.

If you are going to use auto batteries ... look into Optima spiral wound cells ... $150 - $200 range for massive capacity ... but match to daily usage requirements.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WishfulThinker said:
Look into getting some old pallet jack batteries or fork lift units .... most are OK but will not work for full 8_hour shift (diminished capacity) .... those things are the way to go. Otherwise if you have big bucks ... use excide 2-volt cell banks on racks. Commercial systems use that approaoch. My suggestion is to go find a waterfall or falling stream and tap into it.

If you are going to use auto batteries ... look into Optima spiral wound cells ... $150 - $200 range for massive capacity ... but match to daily usage requirements.
your best bet is to use sealed gel-cell batteries, also if you choose to build a cabinet for the batteries use something non-metallic, like wood. You'll also need to install something to control the static electricity within the the room or box. A spark arrestor works great.

C

Cappy Z.

A picture is worth a thousand words..it would be great if you guys posted photos for us mentally challenged TNers...Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread