Lost WWII battlefield found -– war dead included

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M

miser

I surprised at the condition of some of those artifacts, given that they've been in the jungle for what, 70 years now?

B

BIG61AL

there must hundreds of undiscovered WWII military sites in the jungles and islands of the pacific.....It looks like all the relics are strictly historical pieces vs collectable items...still surprising that the boot leather was fairly intact giving the time spent in the humid jungle. Certainly the vast bulk of what is to be found should be donated to a war museum dedicated to this island's war history.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow luv to be able to see more an follow this site .very cool thanks :icon_thumleft:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG61AL said:
there must hundreds of undiscovered WWII military sites in the jungles and islands of the pacific.....It looks like all the relics are strictly historical pieces vs collectable items...still surprising that the boot leather was fairly intact giving the time spent in the humid jungle. Certainly the vast bulk of what is to be found should be donated to a war museum dedicated to this island's war history.

Out on some of the Aleutian Islands, there are remains of crashed aircraft, vehicles, and boats left over from when Japan invaded the Islands in WW2. I watched a program on T.V. about this a couple of years ago and the powers that were decided that it would have been too expensive to clean up the war "trash" and no benefits could be seen in doing it. This was in the same general areas as the crashed B-24 bomber that had it's engines salvaged a few years ago. There was a T.V. program about those engines being rescued by volunteers. I THINK they were wanted for a restoration project involving another B-24.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I think we need to spend the money to repair the WWII artifacts and use them as teaching tools for younger generations, as we are rapidly losing those brave men who fought in that war.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
When my dad lived in Guam, he found caves with japanese artillery in them. He has several photos of him of him and the guns. He also found several japanese garbage dump and found four intact bottles with writing on them. The islands of the pacific are covered with undiscoverd ww2 locations, its only a matter of time till we find another one.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: I entered the Guadalcanal campaign on Aug 11, 1942. I know what the jungle is like. I have one question for those that claimed "fake", just where did they come up with the Japanese bodies?

I returned in 1944 and cut my way back behind Henderson about 4 - 5 miles to where there had been a Japanese ammo dump, with the idea of getting a few souveniers.

On the way, I dropped down into a small valley, pehaps 50 meters in diameter. There I found the remains of a US Marine squad that had been wiped out by the Japanese. They were still in their foxholes which were in a small circle, with dead Japanese surrounding them.

I took the dog tags of one and later informed the grave locators. The dog tag that I took was for "James Francis Pierce". Later, I asked about the site and was told that the bodies had been recovered, thanks to my information.

They told me that James Francis Pierce was a hospital corpman, 3 rd class and was eventually buried at Arlington.

Yes the jungle is a weird place.

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Tramp*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread