OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
OMG - I just posted that video at random.... this image.... is from my old back yard!

Yep, that driftwood, which I always though looked like a dragon was on MY beach!

MAYBE >I< need to go back. I LOVE that place.

Marc, I have lived my entire life by the moto, "Life is short, live it while you can". In the video there is a shot of a picnic table next to the ocean, lots of floating timber, at this point I could probably sit there for days on end just entertaining my eyes and filling my senses. A friend of mine was an air force brat, he grew up in places all over the world and he once told me if he could pick any place to live it would be Washington State. Perhaps you should go back? Take my word for it, one day you may not be able to anymore. I tell my two sons all the time, "Pursue your dreams and interest, they're who you are. Don't trade them away in little bits & pieces here and there until you no longer have enough of yourself to understand what it is that makes you happy. If you lose yourself you lose happiness." I'm complaining about being stranded in Indiana but I'm not an, "unhappy person". Uncomfortable in my current situation, sure. But unhappy? Never! Washington is certainly on my list of states to visit someday. :thumbsup:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Ok, my first thought was to post "Man the F up!!!" But that wouldn't be a very nice Hoosier hello....as most Hoosiers ARE nice, good, friendly folk.

I see you're about 2 hrs from South Bend, and I'm assuming that's the reason you've never been to the beautiful Dunes here in Northern Indiana.

Or head on down to French Lick and do a little gold panning!

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes

Attachments

• lakemdunessmall.jpg
    lakemdunessmall.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 251
  • asp121indianadunes.jpg
    asp121indianadunes.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 235

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
vibes said:
Ok, my first thought was to post "Man the F up!!!" But that wouldn't be a very nice Hoosier hello....as most Hoosiers ARE nice, good, friendly folk.

I see you're about 2 hrs from South Bend, and I'm assuming that's the reason you've never been to the beautiful Dunes here in Northern Indiana.

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes
Your too nice Vibes,so I will say it MAN THE FU*K UP quit sitting around boo-hooing and bad mouthing where you live,man up and make your adventure or just leave, unless your the one with the health problem.....if you are then I deeply apalogize.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smasher said:
vibes said:

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes
Your too nice Vibes,so I will say it MAN THE FU*K UP quit sitting around boo-hooing and bad mouthing where you live,man up and make your adventure or just leave, unless your the one with the health problem.....if you are then I deeply apalogize.

A bit of humor, that's all. I am a hoosier, born and raised here, lived all my life here. Good people, good values, no doubt about that. Made many an adventure to all sorts of places. But even so, one has to admit that Indiana isn't exactly high on the list of outdoor adventure states. Living here is one thing, it's a good place to live, however, if you're use to traveling about and suddenly you're not being able to get away anymore? Had you read all the post you probably would have gathered that most of the conversation on this thread has been directed at just having a bit of fun in light of the situation. Most of the comments here were/are not intended to be taken literally, or personally. Sorry if you've felt offended in any way. It's just a little fun, sharing a bit of humor and irony, nothing more. :thumbsup:

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
bigscoop said:
smasher said:
vibes said:

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes

A bit of humor, that's all. I am a hoosier, born and raised here, lived all my life here. Good people, good values, no doubt about that. Made many an adventure to all sorts of places. But even so, one has to admit that Indiana isn't exactly high on the list of outdoor adventure states. Living here is one thing, it's a good place to live, however, if you're use to traveling about and suddenly you're not being able to get away anymore? Had you read all the post you probably would have gathered that most of the conversation on this thread has been directed at just having a bit of fun in light of the situation. Most of the comments here were/are not intended to be taken literally, or personally. Sorry if you've felt offended in any way. It's just a little fun, sharing a bit of humor and irony, nothing more. :thumbsup:
Man, I'm glad you didn't say you were the one with the health problem, I would've felt sooo bad that i mouthed off, I just started typing not thinking what you said in your first post. As for Indiana.......yeah it is kinda boring around here,especially if you compare to VA,WV,NC,etc etc. :laughing7: but I will still defend her when being talked about.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
smasher said:
vibes said:

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes

Hmm-mm-mm...maybe I should throw this out to the "listening" audience and get their feedback:)

Oh I realize it's all cheeky and cheesy comments. I'm cool w/ that, really I am.

I do agree N. Indiana blows when it comes to treasure hunting, or so I thought...until I did some serious research this past winter and NOW have SO many places to explore and pillage:)

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
vibes said:
smasher said:
vibes said:

A Happy Hoosier,
vibes

Hmm-mm-mm...maybe I should throw this out to the "listening" audience and get their feedback:)

Oh I realize it's all cheeky and cheesy comments. I'm cool w/ that, really I am.

I do agree N. Indiana blows when it comes to treasure hunting, or so I thought...until I did some serious research this past winter and NOW have SO many places to explore and pillage:)
lol,I haven't had time to research,In fact, not sure how to go about it. the closet i come to research is going to Barnes & Noble and reading the History of indiana books in the local sections not much on elkhart though.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good! (I've actually got a few top secret "Indiana" pet projects in the research works myself". :thumbsup:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
perhaps you'd like to join us "northeners" for our nexy group hunt? We are a fun buch...and since it's a 2 hr drive I think you should stay with digginjimmyhoffa:) That is if ya don't mind his constant blabbering on and on about china patterns.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's GREAT stuff to dig in Indiana! Why would anyone not be happy digging there?

:dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
There's GREAT stuff to dig in Indiana! Why would anyone not be happy digging there?

Actually, I'm pretty happy digging in the dirt just about anywhere. But when it's hot & muggy like it has been latley, I'm thinking, "Beach & Water!" Problem is, then I begin thinking Aruba, Jamaca, etc., and this gets me thinking about Spanish galleons and pirate booty, and then this progresses into buying airline tickets, and then of course you have to buy a new metal detector and scoop because the airline lost yours. So I guess I'm thinking it would be a whole lot cheaper if I already lived there. Not sure where I was going with all of this? See what I mean, this sort of things happens to me all the time. I really do get side-tracked and lost a lot. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
perhaps you'd like to join us "northeners" for our nexy group hunt? We are a fun buch...and since it's a 2 hr drive I think you should stay with digginjimmyhoffa:) That is if ya don't mind his constant blabbering on and on about china patterns.

Oh no. Not china patterns. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
I just saw on another thread that Power ball winners abound in Indiana...go buy a ticket!!!

My luck's so bad the last time I bought a lottery it said I owed them money! :laughing7:
Actually, I do buy them from time to time. :thumbsup: "It's in the bag!"

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned today that somewhere on an 85 acre track of land near here there is a gold pocket watch from the early 1900's. It is even in the diary of the man's wife, however, there is no mention of where it was lost, just, "while working the farm". Quickly, someone do the math, how long would it take me to search 85 acres of mixed woods and farm field with a 10 inch coil? :dontknow:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bigscoop said:
I learned today that somewhere on an 85 acre track of land near here there is a gold pocket watch from the early 1900's. It is even in the diary of the man's wife, however, there is no mention of where it was lost, just, "while working the farm". Quickly, someone do the math, how long would it take me to search 85 acres of mixed woods and farm field with a 10 inch coil? :dontknow:

Call in one of the Long Range Locator (LRL) guys....... ;D

JUST KIDDING!!!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
bigscoop said:

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Didn't that issue get a little heated at times? I recall someone saying it got rather testy. Or am I thinking of something else?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
bigscoop said:
Marc said:
bigscoop said:

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Didn't that issue get a little heated at times? I recall someone saying it got rather testy. Or am I thinking of something else?

I KNOW NOTHING! - Sergeant Hans Schultz ;D

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

You know, in all the years that I've metal detected I've never done a group hunt. How's that work?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kindafoundabuckle said:
BuckleBoy said:

How would you know?????

Take a look at my collection. :laughing9: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread