Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
BRAVO IP.........BRAVO!!! A TRUE American speaks!!! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

I tried to watch a match a day or two ago, think it was Portugal vs Ivory Coast..........I think I lasted about 10 minutes then switched to ESPN Sportcenter. Was happy until they started showing highlights from the World Cup. I put it on the "cooking Channel" & walked out of the room! :laughing7:

I could have added a #2... those damn bugaloo horns or whatever they're called. Now the sport is not only boring, it's annoying!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Iron Patch said:
Mighty AP said:
BRAVO IP.........BRAVO!!! A TRUE American speaks!!! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

I tried to watch a match a day or two ago, think it was Portugal vs Ivory Coast..........I think I lasted about 10 minutes then switched to ESPN Sportcenter. Was happy until they started showing highlights from the World Cup. I put it on the "cooking Channel" & walked out of the room! :laughing7:

I could have added a #2... those damn bugaloo horns or whatever they're called. Now the sport is not only boring, it's annoying!

LOL! :laughing9:
As I stated earlier..........its not a sport, its a P.E. activity! :D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Iron Patch said:
Mighty AP said:

LOL! :laughing9:
As I stated earlier..........its not a sport, its a P.E. activity! :D

Yeah if poker had a goalie they'd rank pretty close in sporting level. ;D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Heres a couple pics for you girly Europeans. We wear pads & helmets to keep from being killed! Look at the 2nd pic.........not only did he lose his helmet, he lost his HEAD!!! The guy who hit him was awarded a medal & they had a parade in his honor! Thats how sports are supposed to be played, that how us Americans roll. Now you prissy Europeans go back to your tame kickball & feel lucky that we dont send a bunch of 8 year old American girls over there to stomp yer arses! :laughing7:

Attachments

• hail2daredskinz_10910_5226.jpg
    hail2daredskinz_10910_5226.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 655
  • headless_football_player.jpg
    headless_football_player.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 618

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually would rather watch women's fastpitch softball than any soccer match including the US men's team. Our olympic girls can hurl a softball at 70mph (that's 112.7 kph for those still under rule of the queen)
A major league baseball weighs 5.25 oz and a softball weighs 6.8 oz. The baseball is thrown at a distance of 60 feet, 6 inches and the softball is coming at you at 70mph and the distance is only 43 feet. There is much less time to decide whether to swing or not at the softball. The real eye opener here is the softball is getting thrown by a girl and it is thrown underhanded, not overhand like a baseball. Girl's fastpitch softball is impressive.
(nice Packer pic there AP....good choice)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well damn you Mighty AP! Take this! ;D

Attachments

• soccerHAHA.jpg
    soccerHAHA.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 656

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I've been trying to think of a good reply to this post but all I can do is feel sorry for a country whose national pastime is drinking warm beer and weak tea. King Edward had the right idea a few hundred years ago when he outlawed soccer, he was a man ahead of his time.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Now, let's take a good look at girls softball.......we win, hands down!!

Back to back perfect games! Tell me another pitcher to ever do that! :thumbsup:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
Now lets take a look at girls pillow fighting...we still all win :thumbsup:

LOL! Im standing straight up & saluting! ;D

Packer, yes fastpitch softball is great & those girls are AMAZING! My next door nieghbor was a pitcher for our local fastpitch team, when I was about 14 he discovered that I had a catchers mit (I was a catcher as well as 3rd, short, & 2nd in little league) so he bugged me every spring to catch for him so he could get tuned up. Never forget the 1st time.........no gear at all & he was smokin' that ball to me. The underarm wind up & release really messed with my head, the ball actualy rises as it gets to the plate! I tried to avoid him every spring cuz it scared the hell out of me, he always found me & my catchers mit, drug me down to the baseball diamond. I ended up playing 3rd base for the mens team at 17 years old (i was too afraid to catch), you get some really hot shot grounders & line drives at 3rd!
Being in the batters box is a little unnerving as well, with that underarm release, short distance & a ball coming at you at 70mph plus....... :o

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd watch THAT hockey team play Anyday! :o

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
The only real American Professional sport...the rest are just popularity contests...except for mud wrestling...wish they had it on Pay Per View...

Attachments

• bullriding.jpg
    bullriding.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 589

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
Closest thing they've got in Blimey...is true you wear velcro pants ?

Attachments

• british sheep.jpg
    british sheep.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 596
OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
This is all well and good guys...But deflecting the conversations away from why these 3 "macho" American sports were invented and played by girls just smacks of surrender!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EdleBrock said:
Closest thing they've got in Blimey...is true you wear velcro pants ?

Only at the weekends...

I guess I'm not very English because I've never liked Football or any sport unless you include Fishing & Detecting :headbang:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can attack our sports all you want. But NEVER, EVER, attack our hotdogs & apple pie! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions