Americans and girlie sports!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Due to the amount of grief being banded around about the football world cup (yes we actually use a foot in our version!) or "soccer" to you heathens,I took a look at the world of "macho" American sports.
Here's what i found out:

BASEBALL - a game usually called "Rounders" by the rest of the world,and played by girls! NOT a very "macho" sport!

Montage---Rounders-copy_422x597.jpg

(Note the smaller bat which the Americans thought would be too difficult to use!)

BASKETBALL - a game usually called "Netball" by the rest of the world, and played by girls! NOT a very "macho" sport!

netball.jpg

HOCKEY - a game usually called "Hockey" by the rest of the world,and played by girls! NOT a very "macho" sport!

hockey.jpg

Granted,the North Americans added ice and a smaller goal net to make it a little more "macho", but then ruined it by using all that padding so they don't break a nail!

I'll admit that American football is a "macho" sport based on Rugby,but once again...all that padding etc etc! Also,the 3 minute breaks after every "play" to work out what the hell to do next and give the fat guys a chance to get their breath back after running 17 inches,kinda kills any remote possibility of excitement!
(Rugby can also be played by girls but trust me,you DON'T want to see the pictures! lol)

So..just why are there so many "girlie" sports played by American men? Trying to tell us something sweetie? :wink:

(Disclaimer: This is just a joke,bit of fun,international sports rivalry etc etc...it does NOT make me an American hater!! :tongue3: )

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
That was quick! :laughing9: :tongue3:

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Dano Sverige said:
Due to the amount of grief being banded around about the football world cup (yes we actually use a foot in our version!) or "soccer" to you heathens,I took a look at the world of "macho" American sports...blah blah blah...

I can't really read what you are posting, Dano, because your MAN-PURSE is getting in my way! ;D

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"That's a European shoulder bag"

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D

Attachments

• 2001-0819_soccer-boring.gif
    2001-0819_soccer-boring.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 747

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If memory serves, you over the pond'ers enjoy playing a game that takes it's name from a harmless yet annoying little bug that makes noise by rubbing it's legs together?

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
GopherDaGold said:
If memory serves, you over the pond'ers enjoy playing a game that takes it's name from a harmless yet annoying little bug that makes noise by rubbing it's legs together?

Can you shoot them?

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:

Nice "Ralph Lauren" shirt he's wearing - Ralph's a bit...girlie ya know? :wink: (pic didn't show lol..well ya know what i mean.)

Gopher!..Cricket is a MAN'S game!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Now Dano, Im not sure what the those girls are playin in the first set of pics but I dont think its baseball. Looks like that macho game you Brits play called "Cricket" to me. Do the men wear skirts while playing cricket as well? I want to see you stand in the batters box & take a swing at a 95 mph cutter inside on the hands..........you'd drop the bat & be laying in the dirt on the 1st pitch! I think the true reason for your dislike of American sports is that there are too many rules, our games are just too complicated (much like the fine Americans who play them ;D). Look at soccer (kickball) .............kick the ball into the net, dont use your hands. Thats it. That is why our children play soccer, the game is simple enough for an 8 year old to grasp & play. Sometime when you have a couple spare hours I'll explain all the rules of baseball to you Dano..........I even have a spare mit I can send you! :hello:

OP
OP
Dano Sverige

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
...And the excuses keep on coming! lol

AP mate, explain the "offside" rule to me in "soccer" ? :-*

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top 10 reasons Iron Patch will never watch soccer.

1) It's soccer.

2) See #1

3) See #1

4) See #1

5) See #1

6) See #1

7) See #1

8( See #1

9) See #1

10) See #1

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
BRAVO IP.........BRAVO!!! A TRUE American speaks!!! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

I tried to watch a match a day or two ago, think it was Portugal vs Ivory Coast..........I think I lasted about 10 minutes then switched to ESPN Sportcenter. Was happy until they started showing highlights from the World Cup. I put it on the "cooking Channel" & walked out of the room! :laughing7:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Mighty AP said:
BRAVO IP.........BRAVO!!! A TRUE American speaks!!! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

He's French :icon_scratch:

Funny... I don't sound French. :D

You do LOOK French or Brittish in those colorful tights! You should add sparkly sequins for a little pizazz!!! ;D

And a big red cape!!! :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
Mighty AP said:

He's French :icon_scratch:

Funny... I don't sound French. :D

You do LOOK French or Brittish in those colorful tights! You should add sparkly sequins for a little pizazz!!! ;D

And a big red cape!!! :icon_thumright:

The actual guy wearing the suit that I stole the pic from is French! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread