CONTEST.......The Best Story About A Hunt

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The competition is heating up on this post!!!! Excellent stories!!! Cant wait to see more!!!
Cynangyl you rock as a judge and your avatar doesn't do you justice!!!! :wink: :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Why thank you Chug! :wink: I am still laughing about the beaver attack on my birthday against Bigscoop! lol Like you, I enjoyed the twist at the end of Copperhead's story.....definitely a lot of great competition here. I wish I could pick them all!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cynangyl said:
Why thank you Chug! :wink: I am still laughing about the beaver attack on my birthday against Bigscoop! lol Like you, I enjoyed the twist at the end of Copperhead's story.....definitely a lot of great competition here. I wish I could pick them all!

Well flattery didn't work I'll have to talk to red about bribes!!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
??? Red here, bribe, what bribe....CHUG!!!!!!!!! :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ROFL Yes he is!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Attachments

• 8-13-2007-09.jpg
    8-13-2007-09.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 546

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the dog house!!!! it so quiet and peaceful!!!! just joking red and i have been together for a long time and share everything including this site she enjoys all the posts as much as i do !!! i hope everyone realises that red and i are one for ever and enjoy playing some times!!!! HH All chug and red!!!! Cynangyl you have just been introduced to red my better half!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Birthday? My, you must be, what........perhaps 20, 21? I can't imagine you being any older then that. I mean, you look so young. :wink: :wink: :-*

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Chug and Red said:
I love the dog house!!!! it so quiet and peaceful!!!! just joking red and i have been together for a long time and share everything including this site she enjoys all the posts as much as i do !!! i hope everyone realises that red and i are one for ever and enjoy playing some times!!!! HH All chug and red!!!! Cynangyl you have just been introduced to red my better half!!!

Very nice to have met her too! I can tell already that I would like her a lot! ;D

bigscoop said:
Birthday? My, you must be, what........perhaps 20, 21? I can't imagine you being any older then that. I mean, you look so young. :wink: :wink: :-*

Obviously a man that took that flattery portion seriously. rofl My kids are older then that! :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:

Obviously a man that took that flattery portion seriously. rofl My kids are older then that! :tongue3:
[/quote]

Kids? That body has had kids?.........Hu........never would have believed that! :wink: :wink:
It's father's day and I was going to go metal dectecting but.....uhhhh.....so sad........I just don't have a good digger. :( :'( :help:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Covering all your bases I see...more than one entry and still working the flattery angle and have added the pity card! lol Have yourself a great Father's Day! All the rest of you Fathers have a great one too!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
Covering all your bases I see...more than one entry and still working the flattery angle and have added the pity card! lol Have yourself a great Father's Day! All the rest of you Fathers have a great one too!

I'm not done yet..........."and sooooo talented too! Judging one contest and winning another. Beauty, brains, youth, what more could any guy want!" (Congrats on the "digging history". :thumbsup:)

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
GopherDaGold said:
My story, in poem form:

On a cold and bitter, dark winters night,
Temps in the nineties, sun shining bright,
Mcgearhead and plehbah, each raised a toast
And wagered each other, who'd find the most,

"You swing a mean coil, pleb said to mcgear,
But once and for all, we'll settle it here",
They chose a tot lot, known for trinkets and clad,
The occasional token, or a ring lost by dad.

"We'll count up our change when we are done,
The man with the most is the man who has won.
The loser says sorry for all that he's said,
And let's the world know via Treasure Net thread."

After their handshake, they both got to swinging,
Eyes to the ground, detector coils singing,
Digging and probing, sometimes pinpointing,
A good day for both, not at all disappointing.

When it was over, they counted their money,
Looked at each other, something felt funny,
They knew from then on, their friendship would deepen,
You see, T-Net faithful, they both were dead even!

Now that was good

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
I'll have a go with a TRUE story. (WITH PICS)

When i first started detecting I was torn between fishing the rivers and slews and treasure hunting.
So Id try and find spots that i could throw out a line and dig.
Id pick old bridges (as Learned here were Good spots).
On Day i was just down the road here and threw out my catfish lines and went to swinging.
Well i dug some clad and a silver Washington(my first) as well as allot of trash and wheat's.

I got a low tone. Just under the silt was a purse. (Not old)
Of course I opened it. And what i had was about 3/4" thick of Wet rotting Cash all stuck together and in a big lump laid out flat.
The feeling was really weird, Kinda surreal. I put it in my glove box and went back to fishing and digging.
Well that didn't last long because all the time I was wondering.
So went home and showed my wife.. We tried and peal some out, but two bills (20's) disintegrated.
So I stopped...
It was really weird. I felt guilt, excitement, wondered how do I cash in a bunch of rotten cash without raising suspicion. what if its a Bank job and their marked bills. Could I even get them apart?? Really a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
Well I set them under a light all night. Couldn't sleep much. Got up about 5 am and started to peal them apart. I had little stacks of 20's and 100's all over the kitchen table.. I was pretty excited then, but still wondering and feeling that guilt or paranoid feeling.
Then it occurred to me I checked the serial #'s.......all the same....Counterfit....
I Laughed out load, I felt so relieved. (that was the weird part) wasent dissapointed at all.
Well it didn't end there.
I had to go to wk so I called the sheriffs office and told them the story. They we pretty adamant about me coming 40 miles out of my way and giving them the cash.. I wasn't I had to go to wk.
I told them they drive the distance and meet me at the store in Calvert.
Well he kept trying to set it up (trying get me to come to him)must of called me 5 times.
Even a Little threatening with "You Cant take that to work with You"
Finally he got some one at the PD in Calvert and I dropped it off. It was funny seeing the officer holding up this 1 gallon Plastic Bag full of cash shaking it like a bag of shak-n-bake and laughing.

H told me it was going around a few months prior and they were on the trail when it suddenly stopped. I guess they threw what was left off the Bridge.
Never heard another word about it.

Attachments

• 8612.jpg
    8612.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 8629.jpg
    8629.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 442

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ohh and i did save a 20 and a 100 back,,, so Should my story win.......... Id be inclined to share.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunday Afternoon hunt :coffee2:

It was a hot day in August, hotter than it usually was, the thermometer hit 83 degrees in the shade, and the humidity was high. It was only 9:30 in the morning. The insects droned around restlessly, and there were no birds, or squirrels around, all was quiet, but for the music coming out of the neat little blue house. The three boys sat on the steps of the front porch; Peter was 9, tall for his age, and such a charmer. Jonathan 8 was a shy and quiet little guy, who was perfectly happy lying on the floor in his room and playing with his cars and trucks. And David, 5 years old, and oh my goodness, what a little cute little towhead! Anyway, the day was hot, and the boys were bored, school was out, they had played all their Xbox 360 games, played cowboys and Indians, gone done the stairs on their big wheels and bikes, to see who could go the fastest, Peter always won, cause he cheated. LOL.
They could hear their mom inside, humming along to the music, and washing dishes. Peter poked Jonathan, “Hey, go ask mom if she has something for us to do, I’m bored!” Jon shrugged his shoulders, and went into the house. “Mom, we have nothing to do, no one is home, and we are bored!” Mom sighed, dried her hands on a towel, and smiled. She knew that sooner or later, they would come to her, they always did, and she was ready. She went to a kitchen drawer, and pulled out a piece of paper, a funny looking piece of paper that Jon had never seen before. She handed it to him, and when he looked at it, he saw it was a map. “If you read it really carefully and follow the clues, you will find a cool treasure, ok?” Jon looked up at her, a grin slowly growing wider and wider across his face, he ran outside to his brothers, yelling as he went back outside. “HEY! Look what mom found, she said we need to follow it, there is buried treasure around here!” The other two boys scrambled to their feet, yelling with excitement, and crowded around Jon, all talking at once.
Peter wanted to start immediately, but as David pointed out, they needed to read first to see what they had to do. They read the first clue: I’m big and white, and made of metal, I roast, broil and bake, and fry look inside me, to find the next clue. The boys thought and thought, David guessed the freezer in the garage, but that wasn’t it. they thought and thought some more, then Jon said “The STOVE!” They practically ran over each other, in their haste for the door! David got to the stove first, and after checking to see it wasn’t on, he opened it, and yelled, “ANOTHER CLUE!” as he pulled the paper out of the oven. I’m big and square, with a large hole in the middle, fill me up, with water and toys, and I’ll take you to a whole new world of clean! “MOM!” Peter said, disgusted, but at the same time, he couldn’t help not being curious, and it was better than sitting outside, watching the bugs crawling, or each other sweat. So they ran to the bathroom by the front door, and crowded in, looking around. The shower curtain was closed, so Jon pushed David towards it, to have him open it. David flung the curtain as far up as he could, and they saw a package in the bottom of the tub. Peter picked it up, and opened it, inside; they found three pairs of swimming trunks, and three huge towels, a blue one for Jon, green for David, and black for Peter. Inside Jon’s towel, there was another piece of paper. Look at the map now. Is all it said. The boys looked at the map, and were surprised to see it was a map of their yard and house, how curious! When they looked closer, there was a little star that had the writing, you are here, well duh, that was obvious! Sheesh mom!
Anyway, what they saw next, was writing, saying take a right under the apple tree, by the ant hill and go 15 steps north. The boys looked at each other, confused, then David piped up with “Where’s North?” Meanwhile, mom was standing in the kitchen, laughing hysterically, as dad walks in.”How’s it going, did they start yet?” Yes she said, giggling now,” And it’s going perfectly, it’s almost your turn!” He smile, and went to get his detector a Whites Classic 5 ID, and waited where they couldn’t see him. The boys came running into the kitchen, “MOM! How do we find north?” and “That’s not fair MOM!” Mom smiled, and told them to ask their dad, and as they all turned around, here came dad, with his detector, and a compass! He gave David the compass, and off they went outside to the apple tree.
When they got to the apple tree, they went to the anthill, which was busy, even on as hot a day as today, they marched out 15 steps, north, using the compass, they stopped when they got to the neatly stacked woodpile, and started looking around, Peter yelled “LOOK!” and pointed to the woodpile, tucked in here and there, were three garden trowels, small enough to fit their hands. They grinned at each other, grabbed the trowels and went to their dad, to see what was next on the map. Go 20 steps east, and look under David’s bike. So off they went, David got there first, and looked under his bike, there lay a camera, made just for kids, he tossed his bike away from him and grabbed up the camera, with a huge smile on his face! The boy’s ran back to dad to see what they do next. Go 20 steps south, then turn south, go 15 steps, and dig. When they got to the new spot, dad started using his detector, beep, beep, beep went the machine, the boys closely watching to see what might be found. Dad kept swinging back and forth, watching the boys and his machine, smiling all the while. Soon, the tone changed, and dad had Peter do the digging first, down he dug, then CLANG!!!! Up came a small tin, and when Peter opened it, he found a bunch of old coins, a pocket watch and a squirt gun! The other boys were so excited, and couldn’t wait to see what they would find next. David had to take a picture of Peter’s “find” They looked at the map. Go 15 steps west, and dig. “Oh boy!” They thought they counted off the steps, and dad went at it again, beep, beep, beep, over and over again. Soon, another good signal! This time it was Jonathan’s turn, scoop after scoop, and then, CLANG! He found a small tin, and inside, a metal fire truck, police car, and ambulance, and a military watch! Jon was practically jumping with joy and happiness, his blue eyes lit up with glee! After the oohs and ahs were over, again David had to take a picture! They checked out the map, and headed 20 steps north, towards the storage shed. Again, beep, beep, beep! This time it was David’s turn, down he dug, and then CLANG! Yup, you guessed it, another tin! This one had the coolest marbles in all kinds of colors and sizes, and a child sized Harry Potter watch, David jumped up and down, he was so excited he couldn’t say anything. Jonathan took a picture of him with his treasures. After a few minutes, they checked the map, and off they went 20 steps south, and again, beep, beep, beep! This time Peter offered to dig. It took a few tries, then a soft clink, and to their surprise, a set of keys came up, what the heck? Then it hit the boys, car keys!!!!
They ran back into the house, excited to show their mom their new treasures, she was waiting for them on the front porch, after she ooh’ed and ah’ed, they all climbed into the car, and ended up at a small lake. When dad opened the trunk, they found a huge picnic basket, full of mom’s delicious fried chicken, homemade potato salad, watermelon, and peanut butter chocolate cookies, among other things. There were also their swim trunks, toys for the water, floaties, sun block, water, juice and pop, my goodness; mom had been busy while they were having fun with dad. They spent the day swimming, playing games, eating all the great food, and dad even got some quiet time with his detector, and found $2.57 in clad, a silver ring, a 14 karat white gold rope bracelet, some cool bottle caps, a toy car and an gold and diamond ring, nothing fancy, but still cute. Mom and dad were thanked profusely that night at bedtime, the boys had had so much fun, and they knew that deep in their young hearts, they would never forget this day, and what their parents had done to give them such a great day! They hoped they could do it again soon, as they drifted off to sleep, visions of treasures, and time with dad dancing in their heads!

Red here, I hope you enjoy this one, Chug is such a wonderful husband and dad, he has always been there for me and my kids, so when he saw this contest, and saw this prize, I decided to write this for him. He means the world to me, and it makes me so happy when I can do little things like this for Chug, enjoy! :hello:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
A very special story indeed Chug and a fitting Father's day present as well! You two are awesome together!

TC-I thought that was an amazing story when I saw it the first time...can't believe I did not hear it until today! That is quite an experience and a mighty tempting bribe as well! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread