GIANTS?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
putting aside the fact Giants Existed
(Dinosaurs did, so did Robert Wadlow)

has any ax head ever been found that was obviously used ?

or they all in Perfect condition like the ones in the Pics ?
if all perfect, they are decoration.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the 65 pound sledgehammers found in the 3500 year old copper mine in Wales?

"At Agadir in Morocco, reports Peter Kolosimo, the French captain Lafanechere "discovered a complete arsenal of hunting weapons including five hundred double-edged axes weighing seventeen and a half pounds, i.e. twenty times as heavy as would be convenient for modern man.

Apart from the question of weight, to handle the axe at all one would require on to have hands of a size appropriate to a giant with a stature of at least 13 feet."...original source; Peter Kolosimo, Timeless Earth (New Hyde Park, NY: University Books, 1968), p. 32.

Now, according to Ragnar's Thrown Weapons Catalog, the ideal weight for a throwing axe today would be around 16 ounces or 1 pound. I found replicas of double headed axes similar to those at Crete, in the five pound range. This would seem to indicate that axes of the size and weight described would indeed be dificult to deploy in battle--for me of ordinary stature.

There's a lot more to the article than the axes!

Best-Mike

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
gollum said:
What about the 65 pound sledgehammers found in the 3500 year old copper mine in Wales?
Best-Mike

I could lift that up.

... couldn't swing it much, mind you. :D

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
Here is a site that covers the reports of giant skeletons found in North America throughout history.

Giant Bones Discoveries - http://www.returnofthenephilim.com/GiantBonesDiscoveries.html

Here is a website that lists much the same info, just whittled down a bit.

Historical North American Giants - http://cavelore.com/giantus.htm

Here is the list from the above site:

1792 New York, Buffalo: Turner’s History of the Holland Purchase reports that 7 and 8 foot skeletons were found at an earthen fort in Orleans county with broad flat topped skulls.

1800 Ohio, Conneaut: Among the normal size skeletons found in the remains of mounds were found gigantic bones. Some of the skulls and jaws were large enough to fit over the head and face of a normal man

1821 Tennessee, White County: An ancient fortification contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length.

1825 Ohio Valley: David Cusick, a Tuscorora by birth, wrote that among the legends of the ancient people of the stock, there was a powerful tribe called Ronnongwetowanca. They were giants, and had a "considerable habitation." When the Great Spirit made the people, some of them became giants. After a time, and having endured the outrages of these giants, it is said that the people banded together, and through the final force of about 800 warriors, successfully annihilated the abhorrent Ronnongwetowanca. After that, it was said that there were no giants anywhere. This was supposed to have happened around 2,500 winters before Columbus discovered America, around 1000 BC.

1829 Ohio, Chesterville: In digging away a mound where a hotel was to be built, a large human skeleton was found, but no measurements were made. It is related that the jawbone was found to fit easily over that of a citizen of the village. The local physicians examined the cranium and found it proportionately large, with more teeth than the white race of today. The skeleton was taken to Mansfield, and has been lost sight of entirely.

1833 California, Lompock Rancho: Soldiers digging at Giant Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. Carved shells, stone axes, and other artifacts surrounded the skeleton. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. Unfortunately, this body was secretly buried when local Indians became upset about the remains.

1835 Illinois, Lake County: In the numerous mounds in the county, skeletons ranging between 7 and 8 feet are discovered.

1845 Virginia: A human jaw bone of great size was uncovered in a burial mound on which the teeth stood transversely in the jawbone.

1849 New York: From "Illustrations of the Ancient Monuments of Western New York" comes the report that an elliptical mound above near the Conewango Valley held eight big skeletons. A thigh bone was found to be 28” long. Exquisite stone points, enamelwork, and jewelry were found. Also discovered in the area were a number of other large skeletons one almost 9 feet in height.

1850 New York: From the History of Allegany County in 1879 a report that very large human bones were uncovered during excavation for the railroad

1851 New York: A skull rib bone, and shinbone were found that indicated the height to be over 8 feet tall.

1856 West Virginia, Wheeling: A human skeleton was discovered by labourers while ploughing a vineyard measuring almost 11 feet tall.

1858 Ohio, Vermillion Township: Skeletons of a race of beings much larger than the local inhabitants were discovered.

1870 Ohio: In Brush Creek Township a large mound contained skeltal remains of several humans up to nine feet tall. A large stone tablet with unknown insriptions similiar to Greek writing was also found.

1872 Ohio, Seneca Township: When the "Bates" mound was opened the remains of three skeletons, whose size would indicate they measured in life, at least, eight feet in height, were found. A remarkable feature of these remains was they had double teeth in front as well as in back of mouth and in both upper and lower jaws.

1873 Ohio, Seville: An Ohio Bicentennial Commission historical marker serves as a reminder that the Giants of Seville, Captain Martin Van Buren Bates and his wife, Anna Swan Bates, lived in the village of Seville in Medina County. Anna stood 7 feet 11 1/2 inches tall and weighed 413 pounds. Martin was 7 feet 9 inches tall and weighed 480 pounds.

1873 Washington DC: "The objects here collected which have not been given, or acquired by exchange, have been purchased for the use of the museum by order of the surgeon-general... There is a skeleton of a giant, who, in life, measured seven feet, prepared by Auzoux and mounted by Blanchêne's method, which, if I may use that term, is really a beauty. It is as white and clean as new fallen snow, and the brass joints and screws which keep it together are bright, and of the latest style and finish." From the article "The Army Medical Museum in Washington" by Louis Bagger, Appletons' Journal: A Magazine Of General LiteratureVolume 9, Issue 206

1875 West Virginia, Rivesville: Workmen constructing a bridge near the mouth of Paw Paw Creek uncovered three giant skeletons with strands of reddish hair clinging to the skulls. The skeletons had supported people approximately 8 feet tall.

1876 Wisconsin: Mounds were excavated containing a giant skull and vertebrae.

1877 Missouri, Kansas City: A giant skull was unearthed when mounds wore opened and giant man tracks belonging to humans 25 to 30 feet tall were discovered.

1877 Nevada, Eureka: Prospectors found a human leg bone and kneecap sticking out of solid rock. Doctors examined the remains and determined they were from a human being, and one that stood over 12 feet tall. The rock in which the bones were found was dated geologically to the Jurassic Period, over 185 million years old.

1878 Ohio, Ashtabula County: While excavating the ground for graves, bones were exhumed, which seemed to have belonged to a race of giants. A skull and jaw were found, which were of such size that the skull would fit easily over a large man’s head like a loose fitting helmet, even with the jaw in place. The number of these graves has been estimated to be between two and three thousand.

1879 Indiana, Brewersville: A skeleton almost ten feet tall was excavated from a mound.

1880 Ohio, Zanesville: A skeleton was reported to have been of enormous dimensions found in a clay coffin, with a sandstone slab containing hieroglyphics.

1880 Minnesota, Clearwater: Several giant skeletons were found with double rows of teeth.

1881 Ohio, Medina County: A jawbone of great size belonging to a human being was discovered, which contained eight jaw-teeth in each side, of enormous size; and the teeth stood transversely in the jawbone. It would pass over any man’s face with entire ease.

1882 West Virginia, Brewersville: The remains of a giant human in a sitting position with artifacts of stone and flint were discovered near White Day Creek.

1883 Minnesota, Warren: Ten skeletons of both sexes and of gigantic size were taken from a mound.

1883 North Dakota, Mandan: A cemetery of over 100 acres filled with bones of a giant race was discovered.

1883 Ohio, Marion County: During general construction projects in the area giant human skeletons were unearthed.

1883 Ohio, Brown County: In ancient settlement sites remains of giant humans among the fromer residents of normal stature.

1884 West Virginia, Kanawha County: A skeleton 7 feet 6 inches long was found in a massive stone structure that was likened to a temple chamber within a mound.

1885 Pennsylvania, Gasterville: A large mound contained a vault in which was found a skeleton measuring 7 feet 2 inches. Inscriptions were carved on the vault.

1886 Pennsylvania, Ellisburg: An 8 foot skeleton was discovered.

1886 New York: Dozens of human skeletons were discovered with oddly shaped skulls avearging 7 feet in height

1886 Illinois: A number of large skeletons were found in Logan County and artifacts showing a degree of advancement much higher that the native population had attained.

1887 Wisconsin, Le Crescent: Bones of giant humans were discovered in burial mounds.

1888 Ohio, Toledo: 20 skeletons were discovered with jaws and teeth twice as large as those of normal humans

1888 Minnesota, St. Paul: The remains of seven skeletons 7 to 8 feet tall were discovered.

1890 Tennessee, Roane County: A giant skeleton was discovered measuring over 7 feet tall.

1891 Illinois, Dunleith: Members of the Bureau of Ethnology of the Smithsonian Institution discovered a large skeleton between 7 and 8 feet tall.

1891 Arizona, Crittenden: A giant was unearthed and a huge stone coffin that had evidently once held the body of a man 12 feet tall. A carving on the granite case indicated that he had six toes.

1892 Ohio Proctorville: From the Ironton Register, “Where Proctorville now stands was one day part of a well paved city, but I think the greater part of it is now in the Ohio river [sic]. Only a few mounds, there; one of which was near the C. Wilgus mansion and contained a skeleton of a very large person, all double teeth, and sound, in a jaw bone that would go over the jaw with the flesh on.”

1894 Illinois, Pike County: In a conical shaped mound a skeleton over 7 feet tal was found.

1895 Ohio, Toledo: A mound held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east "twice as large as those of present day people."

1896 Minnesota, Lake Koronis: The skeleton of a huge man was uncovered. At Moose Island and Pine City, bones of other giants were found.

1897 Ohio, Jackson: A mound on a farm contained a giant skeleton.

1898 Ohio, Lake Erie Islands: Eight skeletons were found near the United States Coast Guard lighthouse, one measuring over seven feet in height.

1911 California, Lovelock Cave: An 8-foot tall, red-haired mummy discovered. This mummy eventually went to a fraternal lodge where it was used for "initiation purposes.

1918 Alton, Illinois: Robert Pershing Wadlow was born, educated and buried in Alton, Illinois. His height of 8' 11.1" qualifies him as the tallest person in history, as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records. At the time of his death he weighed 490 pounds. Robert was born on February 22, 1918, and weighed a normal eight pounds, six ounces. He drew attention to himself when at six months old, he weighed 30 pounds. A year later at 18 months, he weighed 62 pounds. He continued to grow at an astounding rate, reaching six feet, two inches and 195 pounds by the time he was eight years old.

1923 Arizona, Grand Canyon: The bodies of two petrified human beings 15 and 18 feet in height were discovered.

1931 Nevada, Lovelock: Large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lakebed. One measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similar to Egyptian mummies. Another skeleton was almost 10 feet long.

1932 New Mexico, White Sands: Supervisor of the Lincoln National Park, Ellis Wright, found human tracks in the gypsum rock 22 inches long and from 8 to 10 inches wide. The prints were human in origin due to the outline of the perfect prints coupled with a readily apparent instep.

1939 Nevada, Lovelock: A 7-foot 7-inch skeleton was found.

1947 California, Death Valley: The skeletons of nine foot tall humans were found.

1965 Kentucky, Holly Creek: Kenneth White dug a "perfectly preserved skeleton" from under a large rock ledge along Holly Creek which measured 8 feet, 9 inches in length when reassembled. He states, "the arms were extremely long and the hands were large. The skull was "30 inches in circumference. The eye and nose sockets were slits rather than cavities, and the area where the jawbone hinges to the skull was solid bone.

♦ Buffalo Bill Cody spoke of Sioux Indians who told about giants that ran down the buffalo.

♦ Some time in the late 19th century, giants with double rows of teeth, red hair, and skulls 3 to 6 times the size of normal humans were discovered on Catalina Island in California.

♦ The Algonquin have stories of giant, bearded men who first occupied their native lands.

♦ The Cherokee speak of giants who were twice as tall as the Cherokee and also about a great hunter of giant stature named Tsul´ kalu.

I thought some of you might enjoy the list....

Jon

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Shaquille O'neal? :dontknow:

Living in Ohio I have read many stories like those above, they are very interesting.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning swr, you are correct. If you want some Giant, or under one meter skeletons, come on down. I can take you to one of the grave sites of the giants, 8 - 12 ft tall. The buriel caves are in La Cerro de La Campana, about 1 day's ride by mule from Camotes.

Don Jose de La Mancha

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
The skeletons in Lovelock, Nevada was excavated by archeologists from a California university. It was documented and photographed, there is a bit about it on The History Channel's Ancient Aliens. There are/were a number of sites around the world that were investigated and/or excavated by various universities and/or govt archeologists. Many discoveries that were properly documented and excavated have been buried in university collections and archives and never displayed or were removed from display for reasons never fully explained. It is a theory that the reason that the skeletons are not publicly displayed or the facts surrounding the discovery have not been published, is that they do not fit with current mainstream beliefs, so the skeletons and and related information is buried and not discussed.

There is a growing consensus among universities academics that the skeletons and related information needs to be further studied, researched and the skeletons and mummies should be put on public display.

With the current treaties with the Amerindian tribes, the Amerindian tribes claim states that all bones, skeletons and mummies found in the U.S., are Native American ancestors, and that all remains must turned over to the tribes for immediate burial. Whether or not the remains are in fact Native American or not does not matter. Until such time that the Native American tribes recognize that not all ancient remains found in the U.S. are not their direct descendants, then proper research cannot ever be done. There have been cases where a skeleton or other remains have been discovered that had distinctly European features and were found to not be related to the Native Americans, but researchers were ordered by a court that the remains must be turned over to the local Native American tribe for immediate burial.

That would be like me going to court and suing a N.A. tribe for the remains of one of their ancestors, claiming since I was born in this country that the remains are directly related to me, so I want the remains immediately so I can bury them in accordance of my beliefs and or religion.

I could see turning over the remains if a dna test returned a positive result for their direct ancestor, but if the dna test it is negative, then how can it be their ancestor? The treaties need to be changed or done away with altogether, then a proper study of the ancestors of the American Native Indians can be done, as well as the proper history of North America. Until then, a thorough study and research into the ancient history of the North America cannot be done.

I have several very good friends that are of Amerindian descent, a couple of them feel as I do, if the remains are shown to not be their direct ancestor how can they lay claim to the remains. I have the utmost of respect for the Amerindian cultures, and do what I can to assist my friends with their ancestor and history research. Through working as a Private Investigator and a Private Detective for many years, I have developed numerous resources and links that I use to help my friends with such research. I gladly and voluntarily use my training and experience to assist my friends with their research as one way to show this respect. They gladly helped my family a number of years ago when I was participating in Mountain man Rendezvous and historical re-enactments. They taught us how to do authentic beading and quill work from the late 1700's through the mid 1800's. As a result of this help, my wife and I were asked to be in a postcard series for the Old Fort Hall Replica in Pocatello, ID. We were featured in six postcards with several of our Amerindian friends in various settings around the fort.

This post is not to inflame any arguments with, toward, about, or against the Amerindian peoples. This is just my personal thoughts toward the ancients/giants found in the North American continent. I feel that the Amerindian cultures are fascinating and much more needs to be done to preserve their cultures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread