SCAM? I would think so...

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
I just received this in my email. I don't even have an account at this bank. Why do they think that anyone would be so gullible? Check out what I highlited in RED. When you just point to the link to their website the bottom of my browser shows a completely different website. How do you vist someone? If this is a professional organization you think they would use a spell checker? Why don't I just save them some time by giving them an account number, credit card #, pin #, password, account balance, SSN and a time that they can steal the money when I'm not looking. Sheesh!

----------
Dear ANBTX Bank Member,

We are very sorry to inform you that during recent investigations, we have discovered that your bank account contains invalid or erroneous information. Due to this error, several limitations have been applied. We have a number of safety measures in place to help protect you, including industry-standard technologies on our Web site and teams dedicated to fighting fraud and identity theft. You can depend on us to safeguard your personal and financial information.

Until the problem is solved your account will remain INACTIVE, meaning you cannot withdraw nor make any deposits.

Because ANBTX Bank always strives to satisfy it's customers, maintains the best services on the market and provides quality financial products, we need you to spare two minutes of your time and Download and Open the Attached FORM we have sent you or please vist us at www.<removed>.com/secure in order to correct these minor mistakes and reactivate your account immediately.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards,

ANBTX Bank Security Department.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE : Depending on your security settings, You may see a warning at the top of your browser promting you to allow ActiveX control .
Please Allow ActiveX control for maximum security .

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Yup, but if they send out a million e-mails and only get a couple of suckers who fall for it, it's a success.

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Look at this one:

Important Craigslist Information

We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your account, and multiple password failures were present before the login. Therefore

your account has been blocked.

To avoid deletion of your Craigslist account please go to our login page : https://accounts.craigslist.org/---This is fake in the email

If you fail to provide the required information your account will be automatically deleted from the Craigslist database.

Thank you for you cooperation, Craigslist Support Team.

Copyright © Craigslist, Inc. All Rights Reserved

If you view the source code you'll see this:

http://www.craigslist.comeze.com---(I changed the backslash)

Do not go here!
It's always best to RIGHT click on any link and view the properties.

Newt

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
Do not go here!
It's always best to RIGHT click on any link and view the properties.

Newt

Good advise, but how do you check the properties :dontknow: After you right click, I saw everything but properties. You can see how well I know a computer :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread