OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skypilot02 said:
What happened, BigScoop? If someone ripped you off, then let's let everyone know!

Regards, SkyPilot

The airline "lost" this one a while back. Funny thing is, it was tagged and placed on the luggage belt but they insisted it never made it onto the plane, and of course, they could never find it. So I was sitting here the other night and I thought, "Why not see if it might be out there someplace?" Probably will never find it but I'm certain it was pulled while in the airline's trust. I'm just curious to know where it ended up and how it got there? Now days I won't fly with things of value anymore, instead I ship to the destination before I leave.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello BigScoop.
Well that certainly stinks for sure!
I have to agree with you, seeing as it "disappeared" from the airline baggage track, someone either wanted it for themselves (in which case they won't be letting anyone know how/where they "acquired" it), or it was taken to sell for drugs, and the person(s) buying it will not come clean.

That said, I will also say that perhaps it was stolen and "pawned" in another city.....................
If that is the case, hopefully an honest person belonging to T-Net will own it, read this and help track down the thief/thieves who stole it and see
to it that it is returned to it's rightful owner!! :thumbsup:
That is what we're shooting for so................. Please check your serial numbers, fellow T-Neter's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do all I can as I'm sure the rest of us will, BigScoop!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skypilot02 said:
Hello BigScoop.
Well that certainly stinks for sure!
I have to agree with you, seeing as it "disappeared" from the airline baggage track, someone either wanted it for themselves (in which case they won't be letting anyone know how/where they "acquired" it), or it was taken to sell for drugs, and the person(s) buying it will not come clean.

That said, I will also say that perhaps it was stolen and "pawned" in another city.....................
If that is the case, hopefully an honest person belonging to T-Net will own it, read this and help track down the thief/thieves who stole it and see
to it that it is returned to it's rightful owner!! :thumbsup:
That is what we're shooting for so................. Please check your serial numbers, fellow T-Neter's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do all I can as I'm sure the rest of us will, BigScoop!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks skypilot! Who knows, maybe it might turn up? I'm actually less concerned with getting it back and more concerned with the, "how"? The airline just needs a little reality check and I'd sure like to be able to give them one!
Me, "So, it never made it on the plane."
Them, "That seems to be the issue."
Me, "So your employees lost or grabbed it after it was loaded on the belt?"
Them, "Oh, I assure you that didn't happen."
Me, "So you have other people handling the baggage that aren't your employees?"
Them, "Certainly not."
Me, :icon_scratch:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
BigScoop, that's a crying shame to be treated that way!
I can see that you're a better person than me!!
I guess the airline wants you to believe the "metal detecting leprechauns" carted it away..................................
We'll do what we can! :thumbsup:

Regards, Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread