free home energy Forever, heres my idea....and its hot.

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
free home energy Forever, here's my idea....and it's hot.

:sign13:
Okay here goes, and I'm sure this will work. My idea is to build a huge oak wheel to use as a water wheel/flywheel.the wheel would have to be maybe 8 or 10 feet in diameter. To the center of the wheel you would attach a shaft. On the shaft you would place a large diameter sprocket, and run that to a small sprocket on a generator. the idea is to create 3600 rpms from the gen.
on the end of the shaft you would put a u joint attached to a p.t.o. pump. a hose would be put in a small pond. by turning the water wheel by hand you would be sucking water from the pond, the water would flow over the water wheel creating a force that continues to turn the wheel. The cycle of water would be complete back to the pond. (water flow from pump, sprocket sizes, and wheel sizes would have to be adjusted)
in the meantime the generator would be turning at 3600 rpms producing free electric....if i could make a million i would. :dontknow:

Attachments

• P7200183.JPG
    P7200183.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,268

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: free home energy for ever, here's my idea....and it's hot.

and store any excess electric power made in batteries * --for when your tired :sign13:

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

ivan salis said:
and store any excess electric power made in batteries * --for when your tired :sign13:
well i meant to turn it by hand only until the water flow reached the wheel and the the weight of the water to continue turning the wheel by itself

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

if your not usig all the energy gen at the time its made --best to save it via batteries :wink: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

ivan salis said:
if your not usig all the energy gen at the time its made --best to save it via batteries :wink: :icon_thumright:
ah yes ... and it would make a neet little house with fish pond in your yard. ;D

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250

Just another design of a perpetual motion machine, which can never exist; energy always goes somewhere that you don't want it to go (like friction, heat, noise, light).
If your machine could have worked, it would have been invented about 600 years ago. Sorry to burst your bubble.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Johnnysan said:
Just another design of a perpetual motion machine, which can never exist; energy always goes somewhere that you don't want it to go (like friction, heat, noise, light).
If your machine could have worked, it would have been invented about 600 years ago. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Agree with Johnnysan !

That machine would never work, unfortunately ! :dontknow:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

I hate to burst your bubble gentlemen, but why would it not work? Now I am not trying to overthrow the basic laws of entropy here, but you two are slamming this fellows work using science for convenience. Why not scientifically disprove his machine. To me it merits a look. The water powers the pump and the generator. Exactly why would it not work?

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

A p.t.o. can put out 50-250 gallon per minute and water weighs a little over 8 lbs a gallon so 100 gallon would put approx. 800 lbs pressure to an already heavy oak wheel that is already in motion. no electricity needed for p.t.o. pump and all that force would probably turn a few generators. the small rod in the center of the 8' wheel would be spinning fast and hard.... no stoppy :hello2:

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

the wheel size and volume, and p.t.o. pump size, and sprocket sizes can all be adjusted

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog

Lets forget about the generator. This system will soon grind to a halt after the initial helping hand.
Energy out is always less than energy in due to energy losses like noise and heat through friction.

I'm not suprised by 21st's anti-science stance considering his attitude towards MMGW.
Remember : "Denial is a mechanism of the immature mind, because it conflicts with the ability to learn from and cope with reality."

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

How would it create energy loss, when the flow of water would not be stopped, from the weight of itself falling over an already turning wheel. what if you were pumping twice as much water over the wheel as neccesary?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is one reason that I use my signature line:

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

For details in this instance, see the the first law of thermodynamics .

OP
OP
traderoftreasures

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3

i understand that energy would be lost... that's why i recommended the extra large wheel and the extra large pump on the smoothest of bearrings, to create 100 times more energy necessary to turn the system. No energy from the generator would be applied to the system, it would be available for whatever.
it's kinda like hydro electric system in a dam... it only works because water returns (in the form of rain) to start the cycle over again.
also keep in mind I'm talking maybe up to 12000 watts, not a generator large enough for a city. everyone would have to make there own.

C

Cappy Z.

Bum Luck said:

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

I've read this Nietzsche was Hitlers favorite philosopher.

Cap Z.

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: free home energy Forever, here's my idea....and it's hot.

While I am no engineer, I think that the problem with this idea lies in the fact that it is a closed system. That is, the pump is driven by the waterwheel which is driven by the pump. ( A classic example of a perpetual motion machine.) As alluded to earlier, energy is neither created nor destroyed and in any system there is loss of energy through friction and heat, reducing the amount of energy available to do the work, eventually stopping the cycle. Now you have mentioned using an extra large pump and an extra large wheel and adjusting the sprocket ratios, using high quality bearings etc., but it makes no difference. The larger pump will require a larger waterwheel which will require a larger pump which will require a larger waterwheel...see where I am going with this? In a closed loop cycle without the outside addition of energy, the loss of energy through friction and heat will eventually stop the pump. Now I that have critiqued your idea (I hope that I have not been too harsh!) I would like to offer an alternative. In my opinion, what you need to do is break the inter-dependency of the pump and waterwheel. Instead of a pto pump driven by the waterwheel shaft, why not use a hydraulic ram pump placed in the pond to pump water to the waterwheel head? A ram pump uses nothing but the energy of falling water to raise some of that water to a point uphill. They come in all sizes and one or more could be used to supply as much water as is needed to drive the waterwheel. They are reliable and have been around for over 200 years. http://RifeRam.com Rife Rams is one such manufacturer, but there are many others. I considered using ram pump(s) to fill an elevated water tank to drive a small turbine generator to power our house but Momma says I already have too many unfinished projects right now! I hope I have given you some food for thought. Good luck.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

hows about --use solar power panels to charge batteries to run the PTO pump -- use the pto pump to push water to power water wheel-- use the water wheel & a RAM PUMP working together -- to double harness the power output **** the water wheel's "shaft power" * as well as the falling waters power of the flowing water via the water wheel thus gaining dual power ( the water pushes the wheel -- powering the water wheel shaft --and the water falling from the water wheel powers the RAM pump * as well)-- use this dual power source to generate electrical power and drain off any excess power made to a second set of batteries -- for use in case of dark days when solar power can not be used to power the set up you will have a"electrical" back up system via the second set of batteries to power the pto unit :wink: :icon_thumright:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cappy Z. said:
Bum Luck said:

shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

I've read this Nietzsche was Hitlers favorite philosopher.

Cap Z.

What's that prove?

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

Sorry, but "Yup, it's a no-go"

In its most simple form:

1) No pump runs at, near, or in excess of 100% efficiency. In other words, it will take more energy INPUT to spin the pump than you can get OUT of it.

2) Same is true for any type of turbine (i.e. - the water wheel)

3) Same is true for any type of generator.

The energy available from the water wheel would be relatively easy to calculate (weight of water, radius of wheel, friction losses (i.e. efficiency), rpm's are all you need to calculate the available horsepower) Put that much horsepower IN to a pump that is less than 100% efficient, and you will get that much LESS power out of it (i.e. volume of water pumped to a given height, less friction losses for the piping) to re-power the wheel.

Wish it WOULD work - I have a large pond AND a high electric bill !

Diggem'

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

stop and think if you get 2 power outputs for 1 power in put -- by using solar panels via a bettery set up to power a pto pump to pump water to power a water wheel ---and using the by product "falling" water from the water wheel to drive the ram pump -- you get 2 output energy sources (water wheel and ram pump) from the 1 input source ***( thus breaking the power input vs power output issue).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread