spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am one of the few lucky ones that never sustained a break in my childhood. I did a million stupid things, had tons of lumps, bumps, bruises and cuts; but never a break. I always thought that having a cast would have made me cool when friends would sign it, but it wasn't meant to be :(

Well the only thing I did was break a few hearts in that time, but we were young, so that doesn't count :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may have broken a few hearts along the way. If you were hanging out with my crowd at the time I would have called you killer, because you slay me. :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never broke a bone while growing up!!!! after getting out of the army I fell off a roof and broke my collar bone and did not figure it out for over 20 years!!!!! until a visit to the emergency room for an shoulder injury!!!! last year!!!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost Chug, but not quite there!! I'm looking for the kid that got on his bicycle after first learning to ride who flipped over the handlebars and broke his/her arm. Trust me, I am very lucky because I am sure that I should have been held together with pins, staples, metal bars etc...

I can tell you that who ever had stock in Johnson & Johnson, made money during my younger years. Because I am stuck on "Bandaids" and "Bandaids" stuck on me :laughing7:

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Both arms (at different times), a few fingers, one ankle, busted kneecap, over 100 stitches in head,
??? stitches everywhere else, finger tendon cut deflecting knife thrust, detached bicep, both rotator
cuffs torn & that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Guess I was just a little too rambunctious
& Ma said I kept the local hospital in business. But I'm in great shape for the shape I'm in. ::) :tongue3:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not my bone but, last summer was Kirstns summer she had to get stiches bandaid thing, then she broke her arm and after this the little boy she was playing with blacked her eye ! ::)

Attachments

• Kirstin.jpg
    Kirstin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 231
  • Kirstin.jpg
    Kirstin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 223

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
Never broke a bone while growing up!!!! after getting out of the army I fell off a roof and broke my collar bone and did not figure it out for over 20 years!!!!! until a visit to the emergency room for an shoulder injury!!!! last year!!!

A little more history I grew up with 4 brothers on a farm i was pushed out of a barn over 25 feet up!!!! out of a 45 foot pine tree!!!!! off the top of the barn peek 45 feet had a little cushion on that one ( pig droppings )!!! My brothers got the same or worse back at them and my parents very rarely found out about any of it!!!

I figured out when i broke my collar bone after taliking to the doctor and having him explain what type of pain i would be experiencing then and back tracking when i did it worked everyday for months in pain and even went in for it and they never found the break!!!!!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity said:
Both arms (at different times), a few fingers, one ankle, busted kneecap, over 100 stitches in head,
??? stitches everywhere else, finger tendon cut deflecting knife thrust, detached bicep, both rotator
cuffs torn & that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Guess I was just a little too rambunctious
& Ma said I kept the local hospital in business. But I'm in great shape for the shape I'm in. ::) :tongue3:

All of this in your childhood? I doubt anyone here can even get near your totals. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neck (they were never quite sure how it happened, it just exploded one day as I was walking down the basement stairs.)
left ankle (football)
fractured both knee caps (got smacked with a baseball bat)
left thumb (football)
fractured a rib (football)
three different fingers (football & basketball)
ripped both thigh muscles (football) This was the most painful other then the neck thing.
torn roter cup in right shoulder (basketball)
and those are just the ones I can recall right off, I'm sure there were others. We use to joke that the hospital always had a room in reserve for me. :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, just remembered,.....also torn cartilage in my right ankle, detached tendon in my left thumb (just last year in fact), and I'm still thinking......do we include common surgeries? In that case, 2 hernias, appendix, bone spur removed from my C3, and I think that's it? :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Oh, just remembered,.....also torn cartilage in my right ankle, detached tendon in my left thumb (just last year in fact), and I'm still thinking......do we include common surgeries? In that case, 2 hernias, appendix, bone spur removed from my C3, and I think that's it? :laughing7:

All of this when you were a child too ?? I am beginning to wonder if you and tubecity aren't twins :icon_scratch: Even when I played football (wide receiver), basketball and handball, the worst I got besides cuts and bruises were jammed fingers. I would have a ton of times playing with 1, or 2 swollen fingers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
bigscoop said:

All of this when you were a child too ?? I am beginning to wonder if you and tubecity aren't twins :icon_scratch: Even when I played football (wide receiver), basketball and handball, the worst I got besides cuts and bruises were jammed fingers. I would have a ton of times playing with 1, or 2 swollen fingers.

The neck was an adult issue as was the deteched tendon in my left thumb, sorry bout that, but at 52 I still view myself as a kid. Probably the only thing my ex wife and I ever agreed on. :laughing7: Who said we have to grow up and act like adults anyway? Someone should have smacked that boring individual in the head! :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Skull fracture at 2 from opening a 'suicide' back door on a Crysler at 45mph and getting flipped out to tumble down the highway .
Was 5 when I tried to take my aunt's car for a spin . Hit a maple tree in less than half a block , cut
my nose off on the steering wheel before being ejected through the windshield .
When I beaned a much larger cousin in the head with a rock , he ran me down and jumped on me ..... Broken collar bone . I was 8 .
At the age of 10 I wrecked a top contender barrell horse on the last turn in a cloverleaf race . Broke arm and several ribs . Horse wasn't scuffed too bad .
That covers preteen years , where I got into better things ?
When I fill out a med survey , today , in the section for injuries and broken bones ; I just list what has not been broken . Takes much less space ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that I had done more than my share of stupid things to get hurt, but honestly, I feel like a girl next to you guys. I really think that somehow I channeled all my injuries into truckinbutch, tubecity and Bigscoop, so I am sorry about that :tongue3: Then again, maybe I am invulnerable :laughing7:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
At the age of 10 I wrecked a top contender barrell horse on the last turn in a cloverleaf race . Broke arm and several ribs . Horse wasn't scuffed too bad.

The same happened to me during barrel racing days, it was wet & muddy in the arena...ready for last turn when Bob slipped and fell and of course he was on top of me, my right leg and right arm was broken, plus my arm was bad cause the bone splinted and burst through my artery. Blood was gusting like an oil well. Many witness Bob getting up and stepping on my arm (broken in 3 places)...had to go through surgery to pin my elbow in place. I still carry those scars.

:wink: RR

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
I know that I had done more than my share of stupid things to get hurt, but honestly, I feel like a girl next to you guys. I really think that somehow I channeled all my injuries into truckinbutch, tubecity and Bigscoop, so I am sorry about that :tongue3: Then again, maybe I am invulnerable :laughing7:
No need for apology . You didn't do it to us ... We was too busy doin it to ourselves .
River Rat and anybody else that has played the horse game knows 'The Joy of Winning and the Agony of Defeat' much more than an individual sport contender that crashes .
Not only did you fail yourself , you failed your buddy as well . Or vice/versa .
I say that right , River Rat ?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

Pain never really slowed me down when I was younger, but these last few years the old injurues are starting to rise to the surface. That right ankle gets so bad on some days I can hardly walk on it, usually with incoming storm fronts, also gets bad after walking on uneven ground or going around barefooted. Did I metion that I also had cluster headaches for about twenty years? Now you want to talk about show stoppers! I wouldn't wish those headaches on my worst enemy, not that I have one. I can remember running outside in the winter crying like a baby just so I could stick my head in the snow...and that's no joke. Odd thing is, and this 100% true, I quit having them about a year after my divorce. Doc said they were all stress related...apparently, stress is a very hard thing to understand because I always thought I was happy when I was married to that woman?

B

BigDan

One broken arm when I was twelve.

My 280lb brother fell on me as his Kawasaki 750 fell on him as we rolled backwards after trying to hill climb. Broke my left arm up by the shoulder but didn't tell anyone because I didn't want him to get in trouble. My parents finally saw that I couldn't move it and figured out I'd broken the arm.

3 years old. Hit by a milk truck, no injuries.
7 years old, head on collision on the highway when a drunk pulled out in front of my Dad. I had no seatbelt on, flew under the dash, no injuries.
A month before the motorcycle thing, I was mopping up ankle deep flood water in the basement and like an idiot turned on a floor lamp. THAT was interesting...learned how elecricity kind of "grabs" you. No injuries.
Teenage years...let's just not go there, no injuries excepts sprains and such.
38, rear-ended on the interstate by a semi. No injuries (technically-long story)

I was just fine until 48 and the last two years seems like I even LOOK at doing something and my body wears out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions