spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As part of a band, or solo performance? You got so happy, you left out all of the details :laughing7:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congrats to your cousin. :wav: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1:

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I simply told him to make it his own...be his authentic self!

Sure hope it's televised as I'm just outside of Chicago and the game is in the Bay Area.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah been there, done that, as they say. Lots of folks out there, and you're thinkin, Lord don't let me screw this up, let me just go out and blow em away, or at least just get it right. (and Lord please let me stay somewhere in the general vicinity of the key). Looks like he pulled it off and got'er done. Congratulations!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

Sure hope it's televised as I'm just outside of Chicago and the game is in the Bay Area.
Congratulations to your cousin but I feel that our nations anthem is not one that should be 'made your own'. It was written a specific way and should be sung the way it was intended to be sung, not like a pop song on American Idol.
Example: the word "Banner" (Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave)
Too many singers change it into a three syllable word in the song, (ba-ah-ner) when it is supposed to be ban-ner. Excessive pitch changes added by the artist also ruin the experience for me.
I could go on but I won't.
Again, we are all proud for you and him for getting the honor to sing our Anthem at the ball game, but please suggest that he sing it properly.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
he's performing 8/11...next week:)

I just added one of his pics for fun

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
GopherDaGold said:
vibes said:

Congratulations to your cousin but I feel that our nations anthem is not one that should be 'made your own'. It was written a specific way and should be sung the way it was intended to be sung, not like a pop song on American Idol.
Example: the word "Banner" (Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave)
Too many singers change it into a three syllable word in the song, (ba-ah-ner) when it is supposed to be ban-ner. Excessive pitch changes added by the artist also ruin the experience for me.
I could go on but I won't.
Again, we are all proud for you and him for getting the honor to sing our Anthem at the ball game, but please suggest that he sing it properly.

Isn't it great to live in this counrty? Freedom is a beautiful thing...and so is the 1st amendment:)

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remind him this performance is about the song and not about him. Too many performers forget about that and just detstroy OUR National Anthem.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
Remind him this performance is about the song and not about him. Too many performers forget about that and just detstroy OUR National Anthem.

Got something sarcastic for him too, Vibes? Looks like I'm not the only one who agrees.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
GopherDaGold said:
Piercesdad said:

Got something sarcastic for him too, Vibes? Looks like I'm not the only one who agrees.

nope, saved it all for you

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sort of understand what your gripe is with having the song song a little differently, but that is just an artists interpretation. No harm, no foul so long as they don't change the lyrics. As far as the music to the National Anthem, that was written in 1760 and I wonder if John Stafford Smith got bent out of shape when they changed the lyrics to his drinking song :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
RGINN said:
Yeah been there, done that, as they say. Lots of folks out there, and you're thinkin, Lord don't let me screw this up, let me just go out and blow em away, or at least just get it right. (and Lord please let me stay somewhere in the general vicinity of the key). Looks like he pulled it off and got'er done. Congratulations!

RGINN gets it...or the true intent of my ORIGINAL and subsequent posts in this thread.

Unless you've been up ON stage performing, you'll never 'truly' get the gist of my post. Thanks RGINN.

And to the others who 'get' it too:) Thanks.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been through many stages in my life including; onstage, offstage, stage left, stage right and I have even upstaged some people, but I have yet to perform on stage. Go figure :dontknow: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread