OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ALL FREE GOVERNMENTS ARE MANAGED BY THE COMBINED WISDOM AND FOLLY OF THE PEOPLE.
By: James Russell Lowell

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Our present President is living proof that any dum-ash can be elected to that illustrious office" : Me.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
THERE IS NOT A SINGLE HUMAN CHARACTERISTIC WHICH CAN BE SAFELY LABELE AS "AMERICAN".
By: Mark Twain

WOW!
That's pretty thought inspiring.
Never really thought about it but it is SO true!

Best,
Scott

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
"My good friends, this is the second time there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Now I recommend you go home, and sleep quietly in your beds. "

Neville Chamberlain

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joecoin said:
"My good friends, this is the second time there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Now I recommend you go home, and sleep quietly in your beds. "

Neville Chamberlain

I remember that period of time from my History lessons. What type of politician was Chamberlain? An apologetic liberal? :dontknow:
Just curious...

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I WOULD RATHER LOOSE IN A CASE THAT I KNOW SOME DAY WILL TRIUMPH THAN TO TRIUMPH IN A CASE THAT I KNOW SOME DAY WILL FAIL. By: Wendell L. Willkie

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
A SHIP IS ALWAYS REFERRED TO AS "SHE" BECAUSE IT COST SO MUCH TO KEEP ONE IN POWDER AND PAINT. By: Chester William Nimitz...1940

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
This one must have been written for treasure hunters.

IT IS NOT DOWN ON ANY MAP, TRUE PLACES NEVER ARE.
By: Herman Melville...1856..The Piazza Tales " The Encantadas,"

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
John F. Kennedy, speech, New York Times, October 13, 1960.
Should I become President...I will not risk American lives...by permitting any other nation to drag us into the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time through an unwise commitment that is unwise militarily, unnecessary to our security and unsupported by our allies.

John F. Kennedy, 1961
Now we have a problem in making our power credible, and Vietnam is the place.

Whoops,must be related to Chamberlain? What a difference a year makes eh?

Gen. Curtis LeMay, May 1964
Tell the Vietnamese they've got to draw in their horns or we're going to bomb them back into the Stone Age.

Hmm,they wern't that far advanced from the stone age as it was..it was a nice pipedream though Curtis!

...And Chamberlain was known as "the mouse of commons"!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dano: I don't know why we get into wars we don't have the heart for. You can't teather the generals and win. We could have won Korea and Nam if we didn't restrict our generals so. Look what B O just did in Afgan.
You don't fire a man who disagrees with you, you find out why he disagrees with you. He might have a better idea. Then again maybe that is why he was fired!

WHEN I JOINED THE ARMY, EVEN BEFORE THE TURN OF THE CENTURY, IT WAS THE FULFILLMENT OF ALL MY BOYHOOD HOPES AND DREAMS...I STILL REMEMBER THE REFRAIM OF ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR BARRACKS BALLARDS OF THE DAY,WHICH PROCLAIMED MOST PROUDLY THAT OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE; THEY JUST FADE AWAY. I NOW CLOSE MY MILITARY CAREER AND JUST FADE AWAY.
Address before a joint meeting of congress, April 19,1951 By: Douglass MacArthor

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
WE CANNOT TRULY KNOW WHO WE ARE OR WHERE WE ARE GOING UNLESS WE KNOW WHERE WE HAVE BEEN. By: David McCullough

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
be careful of what you in your folly seek -- for it may find you , and then what will occur to you ?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"An expert knows more and more about less and less."
Nicholas Murray Butler 1862-1947

Scott

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AU24K: That may be true, but he still knows the same about the less!

GIVE US THE LUXURIES OF LIFE, AND WE WILL DISPENCE WITH THE NECESSITIES.
By: John Lothrop Motley

Did you ever read Karl Marx? I think I never struck a book which taught me so much, and with which I disagreed so radically in conclusion. By: Henry Adams

A friend in power is a lost friend. Henry Adams...1907

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"De duobus malis minus est semper eligendum."
"Of the two evils the lesser is always to be chosen."
Thomas A. Kempis c. 1380-1471

Scott

PS. This seems to be a motto used by voters in most elections...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AU24K: I always vote, and when I do I am always voting against someone. You see I know the past but can only guess as to the future.

Most of our so called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do.
By:James Harvey Robinson cie 1921

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"what you talking about willis" --- Gary Coleman in Diff'rent Strokes
"Well that's just great. Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy. " - Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters I
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it or, learn from it." - Robert Guillaume as Rafiki in The Lion King

USTiger

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
"Isn't it great to live in a society where the penalty for lying to a congressman can be up to 30 years in jail, but the penalty for a congressman lying to you is another two years in office."

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
There's a cure for that, It's called the FIFTY AMENDMENT! The cure for the second part is getting off your duff and voting. A permanant cure would be term limits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread