Levis Story

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Levi's Story

This news story was in our local newspaper today and I thought some of you folks might enjoy it. The last 2 sentences are amazing.

TYLERTOWN — On Sunday, his parents, Lloyd and Angelia Binkley, plan a lavish birthday party for their son, Levi.

But the celebration will be less about Levi's third birthday than about the toddler's second chance at life.
Last week, the boy nearly drowned in a recreational pool at Mimosa Landing Campground in Columbia.
According to Lloyd Binkley, Levi was attending a friend's birthday party at the campgrounds and strayed away from his father to play on the slides.
"I got sidetracked for a second from going with him, but when I walked over to the slides to watch him, he wasn't there," Binkley said.
Binkley stumbled upon his son minutes later, floating lifelessly in the nearby pool.
"I took off running and got him out," he said.
Binkley said he and his wife were hysterical.
"We were so afraid we weren't going to see our son alive again," Binkley said.
Thankfully, help was nearby. Dr. David Jameson, of Tylertown, was attending the same party. Jameson said he was summoned by his wife to help Levi.

"When I first saw him, he wasn't breathing, he was all pasty colors - it was worse than being blue," Jameson said.
Jameson asked Levi's father to step aside so he could perform CPR.
"It was looking pretty bad for the first 30 seconds because he really didn't respond," Jameson said.

"When he didn't come around, I said a little prayer and kept doing what I was doing."
Minutes later, Levi coughed up the water that had filled his lungs and screamed out for help.
"I figure that was the last thing he was yelling when he was drowning," Binkley said.

Levi was rushed to Marion General Hospital before he was put under 24-hour observation at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
His parents said the boy was released shortly before the 24-hour period expired because he was doing so well.

Days later, Binkley said Levi told his mother he had been floating up in the air watching over Jameson as he was trying to save him.
"He told my wife God was taking him to his house and he didn't want to go," Binkley said. "We pretty much lost him that day and God used Dr. Jameson to bring him back to us."

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Levi's Story

This story had been on my mind for some time now and being Christmas, I wonder if Levi is getting water wings, or swimming lessons as one of his presents. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread