onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have one of those neighbors that you here stories about. After moving into the new house I decided to build a new garage. Something about the idea of someone to have a 1300 sq ft slab kind of pi$$ed this guy off. Rite off the bat he questioned me every day why I would build something so large. He kept referring to how he liked it quite in the neighborhood after about 6 or 7 days of asking me what I was going to do with it I told him I tested speaker systems for a band called "PINK FLOYD" He turned and hasn't said a word for 5 years. Anyway that's how our relationship started last fall I was working in the yard and low and behold this guy is shoveling leaves over the fence and yelling these are your it's your trees drooping them not mine. I thought besides being a idiot I could have fun with this, It just so happened I was in possession of a 11 hp Honda engine with a airplane prop attached (used to fill hot air balloons) makes a hell of a whoosh. Next day after I had worked most of the nite gathering the leaves from the neighbor hood, and about the time he was leaving for work I almost covered his entire house with some nice compost. Needless to say he thinks I m a little nuts Now he just goes in the house when he see's me pulling up the Drive. Always find time for a little fun. This is just one of many.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:sign10: Laughing My A$$ off, that is Something I would Hvae Done!!!

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
A friend of mine ,likes to play with ancient weapon types. His neighbors dog uses his yard for personal business, Problem solved . a trbuchet now delivers dog doo back, most of it lands on the dog owners roof. Bob

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any "pain in the butt" neighbor stories unfortunately, however, they DO exist EVERYWHERE.

Growing up in Brooklyn, NY there were many. We used to call them the "mayor's of the block". If you walked past their house, sure as shootin you could see them peeking out the window. If something went down in the area, they would be the first ones out on their stoops looking for the "inside scoop". And god forbid your ball landed on their property and you jumped the fence or went in their yard to retrieve it. You'd hear banging on the windows, etc.

Just a fact of life. Some people look for the tiniest thing to make a commotion out of. I really liked your response with the Pink Floyd thing though. Now THAT is funny :sign10:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were going to have a barbecue so I invited the neighbor to join us. He said great and said that he would supply the sweetcorn. After the barbecue there were 6 ears of corn left and my wife proceeded to wrap them up and put them in the freezer that was located in an unlocked shop. Some days later she went out to the shop to get some of the corn for the evening's meal and the corn was nowhere to be found. She swore up and down it had to be the neighbor that had snuck into the shop and "stole" the corn. (if the truth were known it had probably been eaten already). I finally asked her what all the fuss was about. We're talking maybe $2 worth of corn here! I said that, if someone had stolen it, they were hungry. I figure if someone is hungry enough to sneak into my shop and take a few ears of corn and leave everything else, they are more than welcome to it. She said that wasn't the point. The point is, she said, that someone came into our private space and took something that wasn't theirs and that made her feel violated. She went as far as to say that she felt like she had been "Raped"! I tried to settle her down a bit and asked her to put things into perspective. I asked her what she would tell people if she actually was raped and in the hospital being attended to. If they were to ask her how she felt then would she tell them she felt like someone had just stolen 6 ears of corn from her? That went over big ;D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
We were going to have a barbecue so I invited the neighbor to join us. He said great and said that he would supply the sweetcorn. After the barbecue there were 6 ears of corn left and my wife proceeded to wrap them up and put them in the freezer that was located in an unlocked shop. Some days later she went out to the shop to get some of the corn for the evening's meal and the corn was nowhere to be found. She swore up and down it had to be the neighbor that had snuck into the shop and "stole" the corn. (if the truth were known it had probably been eaten already). I finally asked her what all the fuss was about. We're talking maybe $2 worth of corn here! I said that, if someone had stolen it, they were hungry. I figure if someone is hungry enough to sneak into my shop and take a few ears of corn and leave everything else, they are more than welcome to it. She said that wasn't the point. The point is, she said, that someone came into our private space and took something that wasn't theirs and that made her feel violated. She went as far as to say that she felt like she had been "Raped"! I tried to settle her down a bit and asked her to put things into perspective. I asked her what she would tell people if she actually was raped and in the hospital being attended to. If they were to ask her how she felt then would she tell them she felt like someone had just stolen 6 ears of corn from her? That went over big ;D

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbors are all about as crazy as I am. Sometimes we have a turnaround party that last well into the night, we drink, pound guitars, makeup stupid songs, sing, eat like pigs, sit around the campfire and take turns telling lies and jokes, and then we get dressed and we stumble home.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Some folks moved onto a 1 acre trailer patch that borders our 200+acre active farm and wildlife management area . They would call in the middle of the night to complain about the noise our cattle were making or that 'our' deer were invading their 'propity'.
They also had the bad habit of visiting the local animal shelter every week to 'rescue' all the cats and dogs there and bring them home to set them free on their place . Didn't feed em none , just set em 'free'.
When 10 or so dead critters could be seen hanging from treelimbs along the half-mile of country road that follows our boundary fence between my house and theirs , they called me to ask if I had
any explanation for that .
"Don't concern yourselves ", I told them ,"Neighbors only hung them on small limbs . We've saved
the big limbs for people that become too much of a nuisance ."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread