Feeling Guilty

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a strange occurrence, but as I was toiling in the back yard yesterday I noticed the breeze wasn’t hot and sticky anymore. I paused for a moment to glance at my watch, it was 7:30pm and already the evening shade had cast a shadow of darkness over the garden. Last night I slept with the windows open and the house was actually chilly this morning when I got up. For the next ten days the high temperatures in the U.P. of Michigan are only suppose to be in the low seventies. It’s 10am at this writing and the sun still hasn’t risen high enough to start drying the heavy dew from the grass that’s still waiting to be cut. The salmon will be running soon up north and hunters will soon be filling the woods, in fact, the fall squirrel season opened just this past week. Wait a minute, did I just say, “fall squirrel season!” Suddenly I find that I am left stranded with a silent thought, “Where did the summer go?”

Last week it was in the nineties with high humidity and like most everyone else I was cussing the relentless heat wave. And then just like that I’m suddenly sensing the arrival of fall and fearing the arrival of winter. Yesterday I was still working out plans to drive up north to hunt a beach in the U.P. but today I’m suddenly realizing that in a very short time now it’s going to be too cold up there to be shoulder deep in the water. In a rapid change of heart thoughts of Florida start invading my mind. How is it possible that another summer has passed by so quickly? Did I even accomplish half of the things I had planned for this summer? In all honesty that answer to this question is an eye opening, “no!” Fifteen minutes ago I was standing on the outside deck thinking about all of the above and now I am sitting here at this computer feeling somewhat depressed. Life is far too short to allow for the wasting of time. But unfortunately, and so unusual to my character, this year I’ll have to plead, guilty.

Best get out there and enjoy what little summer remains!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
“People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.” ~Anton Chekhov

Read this one tonight and it reminded me of your post.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Here in Minneapolis area, we get about 70-75 days where it is comfortable to be outside. I guess I own too many detectors for this climate. And wasting time is my #1 talent! Best wishes, George (MN)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
vibes said:
“People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.” ~Anton Chekhov

Anton Chekhov was a fool when it came to practical matters :tongue3:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
vibes said:

Anton Chekhov was a fool when it came to practical matters :tongue3:

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread