***STRANGE FACTS THAT MOST DONT KNOW

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ***STRANGE FACTS THAT MOST DON'T KNOW

In North Carolina, it is against the law for a rabbit to race down the street.

The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time.

In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

In the city of Westover , WV it is unlawful for an individual to 'hoot' like an owl after 7:00pm .

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A group of crows is called a "Murder".

Several bananas removed as a single group from the stalk is called a "hand".

Elephants communicate over distances of miles by using ground vibrations that are generated at frequencies LOWER than the human ear can hear.

Samuel Morse did NOT invent the Morse Code..................his lab assistant earned a $5 dollar bonus for making it up and Sam took credit for it and patented it in his own name only.

I don't remember his name, but the longest timed parachute decent was performed by a military fighter pilot. He flew into a thunder storm and his plane was struck by lightning which took out his instruments and controls. When he bailed out in the clouds, he couldn't see the ground, but began falling. I think it was about an hour later and about 30 miles, or more, away before he touched the ground. Seems that the updrafts of the thunder storm would blow his chute (and him) back up into the heights of the storm and he'd start falling again. Not being able to see the ground, he didn't know what the heck was taking so long until he FINALLY landed and reported his location. The "brainiacs" figured out what happened to him and put his story together. There was a book titled, The Man Who Rode The Thunder, that tells his story. This incident happened back in the 1950s or 60s.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

In Baltimore City the parking regulations state, You must park a min. of 6" from the curb, but not more than 12".

There is also a regulation that states that states, after sunset you must have a lit red lantern hanging from the rear of your vehicle.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Germany exploded two atomic bombs during WWii

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

TWO large treasures will be found before the year ends!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
TWO large treasures will be found before the year ends!

What's going to be REALLY strange is if the folks who find those 2 large treasures run around shooting off their mouths about it. If they are professionals, none of us will know about their finds. If they are amateurs, we'll read all about their finds and how they're being taken to court by....................EVERYbody.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Daddy long leg is also one of the most deadly spiders out there.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Produce Guy said:
NOPE! Not at all . If you pick one of them up and ask it where your cows are it will lift a legg and point to where they are . That is , if you own cows .

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Shortstack: Sad but true, but I will never tell!

Truckinbutch: He is one of the most deadly spiders, but he is incapable of biting humans. I have many around my home.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Texastee: Daddy longlegs aren't spiders, they don't make webbs!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch said:
Produce Guy said:
NOPE! Not at all . If you pick one of them up and ask it where your cows are it will lift a legg and point to where they are . That is , if you own cows .

TButch, he's actually trying to pee on you. ;D

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Shortstack said:
truckinbutch said:
Produce Guy said:

TButch, he's actually trying to pee on you. ;D
They just naturally pee on you because this BIG MONSTER has them by a leg and they are afraid
they are gonna get mushed if they give the wrong answer about where the cows are .
I never had one point me wrong :tongue3:

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

Studies show that prolonged reading of web text leads to vision problems; Experts say blinking once in a while helps

:wink:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

Frankn said:

Can you expand on this? Never heard of such a thing.

Thanks, OT

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Town said:
Frankn said:

Can you expand on this? Never heard of such a thing.

Thanks, OT

I don't think any of their A-bombs actually went nuclear , because they didn't have the Heavy Water to finish their "build". That's why Hitler sent a submarine to Japan to get a load of the Heavy Water. It was the only ingredient Germany did not have and it was quicker to just get it from someone who already had it. Lucky for the world that that particular sub was sunk in route. If Germany had gotten that load of HW, they would have finished THEIR bomb before WE did. I think history NOW tells us that Japan had a bomb, but didn't use it because they didn't have a way to deliver it to any good target.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Well, you got me there! I didn't know there were so many "spiders" with that nickname. Here in MD. the daddy longlegs is not a true spider. The body is about the size of a pea and is red/orange color. It has long black legs. It bite is poison to small insects but it can't bite humans. No Webb's!

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

shortstack, I looked up the bomb and Germany. All they managed was a dirty bomb in tests. This is far from a nuclear reaction. The scientists simply used radioactive material and conventional explosives to make 2 dirty bombs for experiments. Supposedly they used Allied prisoners and Jews as victims in area tests. Hundreds were killed according to one article I read. Other articles discount this report.

What I did find was both Japan and Germany were well into this field before I thought they were. Both doing research with an intent of a weapon in the early 30s.

I'm glad we got there first.

OT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread