Xbox 360 gave the red ring of death!!! :(

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Currently, I do not have enough money to buy a new xbox 360...Mine just broke and gave me the red ring of death. My two options were to either send it into Microsoft to have them fix the problem for $100 (wait four-six weeks) or to buy a refurbished console (Costs $179), which is most likely will be broken. I can't do either because I have bills to pay and credit card debt to get down. I just pre-ordered Halo: Reach (Back in April), and i also have an xbox live subscription. Looks like I will have to cancel both of those because I no longer have an xbox.....Sorry if this is sounding pitiful I am just venting because I have no money to buy another xbox 360! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Guess It's back to the outdoors, books, playing computer games, and listening to music.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Detectingfreak said:
Currently, I do not have enough money to buy a new xbox 360...Mine just broke and gave me the red ring of death. My two options were to either send it into Microsoft to have them fix the problem for $100 (wait four-six weeks) or to buy a refurbished console (Costs $179), which is most likely will be broken. I can't do either because I have bills to pay and credit card debt to get down. I just pre-ordered Halo: Reach (Back in April), and i also have an xbox live subscription. Looks like I will have to cancel both of those because I no longer have an xbox.....Sorry if this is sounding pitiful I am just venting because I have no money to buy another xbox 360! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Guess It's back to the outdoors, books, playing computer games, and listening to music.

That's part of the reason I stick with PC games, much easier to maintain. :wink:

ZJBarney

Jun 22, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax
I'm currently on my 4th xbox 360, it was all covered under warranty. I thought Microsoft extended it out to 3 years after all the nonsense they put people through. Anyways, if yours is just a paperweight why not look into fixing it yourself or check out Craigslist, you can usually find the neighborhood geek who will "fix" it for $40 or so.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Well I did not purchase it with a credit card. Looked through my work schedule and I can make enough to get a new one. :)

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
I decided to get another Xbox 360 regular one. It is pre-owned, but I got the two year warrenty at gamestop.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my old school PS2 --still going strong -- they just do not make stuff like they used to .............

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Detectingfreak said:
I decided to get another Xbox 360 regular one. It is pre-owned, but I got the two year warrenty at gamestop.

So the withdrawl got the best of you, did you have the shakes.

They are really cool machines, we bought my son one for his birthday in July. He loves the wireless internet and how he can play games with his cousin who lives far away.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in this case you should do one of the following the following. I always believe in giving options.

1- Go to a friend that also has one and swap them out when he leaves the room for a few minutes
2- Go to a friend that also has one and just take his

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:

Aww man, thats rough. Here I've been working 6-7 days a week and thought I had it bad.

Oh well, I'd take Spart's advice to replace it. ;D

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long time since I bought a game system

However my Atari is still going strong and plays great :laughing7:

atari_26001.png

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
By the way...we're not supposed to buy the new medal of honour game that's due out soon because being able to play as the Taliban in online co-op mode is "un-British/American"!!! Allah u akbar! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
Been a long time since I bought a game system

However my Atari is still going strong and plays great :laughing7:

I still remember Christmas morning 1982.... or one year around then. ;D Then quite a few years later I had a nintendo that we used to play on the weekends when we drank before we went out. That was age 16 and about the last time I ever played a video game, or ever will.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
colorado14ers said:
what games do you have for it?? My xbox 360 didnt break but my MW2 did :'( >:(!!!!

I mostly play Halo 3, but I do have Dragonball Z: Burst Limit, Dragonball Z: Raging blast, and COD: Modern Warefare. My gamertag on Xbox live is Armymanis.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
WindHarvester said:
Detectingfreak said:

So the withdrawl got the best of you, did you have the shakes.

They are really cool machines, we bought my son one for his birthday in July. He loves the wireless internet and how he can play games with his cousin who lives far away.

Yes the withrdawl got the best of me. I was starting to go crazy and got the shakes. I also got really upset and almost started to cry (literally).

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we to assume the XB 360 is in good working order now :dontknow:

If not, read up to my original reply and go with option #2 :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP