Dogs........Too funny

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone in my neighborhood has a dog, just about all of them are in that 25 to 50 pound range and all of them are good natured, playful females, they're all best friends and they all get along fantastic. But here's the funny thing, their rules, I guess:

A) if one dog takes a toy from his own yard to another dog's yard then that toy becomes the other dog's toy for the entire day.
B) on any given day a single yard is the decided play area for that day and all the toys must be taken and left in that yard. (Some days when I mow I have to pause to move a dozen or more toys, somedays I never see a single toy. I can drive down my street and tell where the dogs spent their day just by the number of toys laying in the front lawns. )
C) if a single dog is called upon to jump into it's owner's vehicle, than all the dogs must jump into that vehicle. (this morning I hollered "Want to go for a ride" to my dog and in an instant I had five well mannered dogs sitting in my vehicle. :laughing7:)
D) if there is a cookout then this yard gets the automatic bid as the "sad eyed" hangout for the day. This takes priority over all existing toy rules.
E) if one dog takes a nap on his back with his legs sticking straight up then all the dogs must take their naps in that same yard on their backs with their legs sticking straight up. (imagine how this looks to the casual passerby....:laughing7:)

This is the strangest group of dogs I've ever witnessed, especially in light that they are all females and that none of them were brought into the neighborhood at the same time as their ages range from about 6 years old to less then a year. There is clearly no dominate dog and the only thing I can figure is that it's because all of the owners are dog lovers? Everyone plays with these dogs and everyone pretty much treats them the same. Go on vacation and you never need a sitter! :laughing7:

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
Dogs are some funny creatures, they make you laugh, they make you cry, they know how to make you fell better when your down and all they ask of you is to feed them and they give you nothing but unwaivering love...Long Live Dogs!

Attachments

• Eli1.jpg
    Eli1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Eli2.jpg
    Eli2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Eli3.jpg
    Eli3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 175
  • DrewNEli.jpg
    DrewNEli.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 173
  • Bella1.jpg
    Bella1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Bella2.jpg
    Bella2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 168

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
What a lovely story big scoop, isn't it a pity that people can't all be like that. I enjoyed that read. thanks.

U.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong. If someone in the neighborhood throws you a tennis ball sometimes it's a good idea, not to catch it! :laughing7:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I've got two boy dogs now. Have never been more than 2 weeks without at least one dog since I was born. My family always had dogs.

I loved this post. Dogs make better people than we do.

OT

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Really like the dog story- it's easy to picture the antics. It sounds pretty unique.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread