Things I hate (or somewhat dislike)

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Re: Things I hate

Steve, did a parent or older adult in your life ever tell you not to get married and try to raise children on 300 dollars a week? All your problems outlined are a result of bad decisions by you. Not the Spanish speaking cashiers at Wal-Mart.

You will consider this insensitive as will some others. In my time it was the height of responsibility to understand your station in life and either improve it or live within it. Times change I guess.

OT

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In all fairness to SteveDobbs, we don't need to know his life situation. There are plenty of people here that have hit hard times due to lack of work that is no fault of their actions. Steve raised a beef that he has and stuck to his guns, so you have to at least admire that. It's not easy making a bold statement that will not be a popular one with some people.

SO SteveDobbs, my hat's off to you :headbang:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
In all fairness to SteveDobbs, we don't need to know his life situation. There are plenty of people here that have hit hard times due to lack of work that is no fault of their actions. Steve raised a beef that he has and stuck to his guns, so you have to at least admire that. It's not easy making a bold statement that will not be a popular one with some people.

SO SteveDobbs, my hat's off to you :headbang:

:thumbsup: I'll second that!

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

Old Town said:
Steve, did a parent or older adult in your life ever tell you not to get married and try to raise children on 300 dollars a week? All your problems outlined are a result of bad decisions by you. Not the Spanish speaking cashiers at Wal-Mart.

You will consider this insensitive as will some others. In my time it was the height of responsibility to understand your station in life and either improve it or live within it. Times change I guess.

OT
I do not consider that insensitive. That is exactly how I feel. Maybe you misunderstood me. In these times if a person doesn't live within their means they expect the government to help them out. I am proud that I don't receive any help. I am proud that I work two jobs to support my family while my fiance goes to school full time. I am proud that I work full time and I run my own part time home business. I am proud that I own my house. I do it all without help.

Ya know, I don't even know why I am doing this. How did this post get turned into this? This post is supposed to be about things we hate so...

1. I hate giving opinions. :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SteveDodds said:
1. I hate giving opinions. :laughing7:

Finally, welcome to the dark side :laughing7: See, my #1 has too much truth in it :icon_thumleft:

I also hate be misunderstood.... Understand :dontknow: :laughing9:

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

I don't really understand why you don't like cottage cheese. It kind of seems to me that maybe you just don't like any cheese and that is just ridiculous. :laughing9: What did the cheese ever do to you? Huh? :laughing9:

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

==================================================================
Hogwash ! At least Steve works & is making an attempt. But you find no problem with generations of
worthless breeders living 'cradle to grave' from the working folk's pockets. I have no problem with cashiers
that can't speak English, as long as that Wal-Mart is not in our country. 'I hate' people who live here who
can work but would rather play the system. They are parasites & not worth the oxygen they consume.

But, the thing I find most disgusting are those people with bad table manners. Like those who pull out
a handkerchief & actually 'blow' their nose at a table in a restaraunt. Ignorant pigs, at least have the
respect for others by performing these bodily functions privately. Due to a very strict upbringing , I do
fear that I will someday be arrested for displaying my objection to such behaviour. As the courts see it
today, it was how I was raised & not my fault, my Dad would simply back-hand you off the chair.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

Tube, I've never felt impacted by those on welfare. Don't mind paying my taxes. Have no anger for anyone who feels taking some kind of social service is ripping off the system. Those who only aspire to such heights are no competition to me. They pose no threat of any kind because they cannot compete with my ambition or the ambition of any other normally motivated person. This country is easy to get ahead in if you are disciplined and have a plan.

The only thing that bothers me is the anger many like you foment for others out of their own frustration - they have not achieved so it must be the Spanish alien (illegal or otherwise) who is keeping them down. If you take care of your business no other person can bother you getting ahead. Especially a welfare mom or some other single parent struggling to get along. They don't hurt you one bit.

I look out and see nothing but business angles, ways to make a good living. You only see the clouds in the sky put there by somebody else. You have a bad outlook on life and it's killing you. Lots and lots of anger. This is very clear to me.

OT

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think I also have to add "beating a dead horse", to my list.....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't really 'HATE' nothin. I dislike a few things. #1 is people that are rude. I don't care for rudeness and would pistol whip them for it, but the law don't allow that sort of behavior. I'm in the middle of the immigration deal, and I didn't find Steve's post offensive at all. It would surprise some of you to know that learning English is the number one thing for many immigrants. These are the ones that don't make CNN. You have to know it for citizenship, and we have a very large enrollment in the ESL classes here. (Not just Hispanic, either) Old Town, don't be so defensive. I speak English pretty good, lots of Spanish, a little French, some Kiowa, and some Choctaw. And we have trouble understanding Cubanos when they speak, because y'all mix the language with French or Haitian or something. Different accent anyway, but we still consider y'all family. I guess I do hate beating a dead horse.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
I think I also have to add "beating a dead horse", to my list.....

Yeah, and I'll add keyboard psychologists. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN, you sound like a rip to be with and let me tell you why. I can appreciate your outlook, but most of all I like that you speak several languages. I also understand Spanish, and speak enough to get by, my 4 years of French never really sunk in. Now I am pretty sure we can try and cover those 3 languages and when you get to speaking Indian dialects I'll fake it :laughing7: I'll just talk like Latka from "Taxi" and all be be fine :laughing9:

Bad eating habits also drives me nuts.. The kind where people chew with their mouth open and those who must also talk with their mouth's full; because I hate wearing food particles on my clothing :laughing9:

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other

spartacus53 said:

SO SteveDobbs, my hat's off to you :headbang: I'M WITH YOU steve

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Prostitutes that falsely advertise and won't give a refund. :laughing7:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

WindHarvester said:

Have you unpeeled one and found it was a guy?

OT

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Old Town said:
WindHarvester said:

Have you unpeeled one and found it was a guy?

OT

Nope, they just weren't as qualified as the claimed. :wink:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WindHarvester said:
Nope, they just weren't as qualified as the claimed. :wink:

Be careful with your post there buddy.... This was already well covered by Smudge a while back :laughing7:

Smudge said:
Deceptive advertising, or bait and switch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread