spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the #1 thing I hate is when someone asks you for an honest opinion and you give it to them, they will then have to disagree. I always thought an opinion was just that, an opinion??? Maybe we should take that word out of the dictionary, or change its definition?

What do you hate? :dontknow:

If you are a first time reader, I would skip right to the 2nd page, it shows the real humorous intent of a hate post. :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Re: Things I hate

Finding a hair stuck to the bottom of a bowl of snot soup when I'm nearly finished .
There are also a couple of other things that will turn my stomach ........

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

(1)Whining!

(2)Also can't stand to watch two men stand and argue and threaten back and forth.Why do that?Go ahead and hit the guy.If you haven't got the will to do that,then just turn and walk away.

(3)No smoking allowed or 'we are a smoke free establishment'.I've walked out of many a restaurants.

(4)When my number comes up as I'm walking away from the roulette table.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Being stuck in line behind someone that feels they can go a week without a shower and then go in public. >:(

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

522 checkout lanes at WalMart and only 3 of them open.

People driving slow in the fast lane.

Temper tantrums (child and adult).

Deceptive advertising, or bait and switch.

Tire punctures positioned just right so you have to replace the whole tire instead of just patching it.

Conversations that begin with: "We need to talk."

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you guys. There are some interesting situations here to say the least :laughing9:

Here are two more.

Getting stuck in an express line that never moves and when you finally get near the cashier the person in front of you is arguing over the price of every other item :tongue3:

When people say, "I wish everyone behaved like I do." There are two scenarios here and neither of them are good :laughing7:

1- The world will be a really boring place.
2- We will be in some sort of conflict 24/7

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

People that interrupt.

People on welfare.

People at Walmart that are on food stamps walking around with a cart overflowing with food. They always get the name brand shit too.

People that come to my country and won't learn english.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

People that hate and don't look on the bright side. :tongue3:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

SteveDodds, not everyone lives in Iowa. No doubt you have a very high rate of English speakers out your way. Once you get out of the Mid-West the country's demographic is much more diverse. Many languages are spoken all over the place. The US is a country of immigrants. My own mother's parents are of English decent via Cuba. So in essence my mom's parents were Cuban. Mom spoke Spanish growing up and my father did too. Dad was not Cuban but associated with many Cuban and Caribbean people of Spanish decent. I speak a fair Spanish as do many Keys natives.

Instead of railing against non-English speakers, why not learn a little Spanish? Watching the lovely Spanish ladies on the Spanish TV channels is my favorite way to stay in verbal shape. Plus they are fun to watch. Once you learn a few hundred words and can now understand some of what the Spanish folk you meet are trying to say, you'll find it's fun. They will accept you better and you'll have a better day. Gone will be your feeling of isolation. Remember, the world's not all about you. There are a lot of varied people around.

OT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

People that try to rule without rules!

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

I do speak Spanish. I had 3 years of Spanish in high school and 2 years of Spanish in college. My fiancé's daughter is half Mexican. I regularly talk to her father and his family(in spanish)

This post was supposed to be about things I hate. I wouldn't have posted had I known somebody was gonna try and find fault with what I had to say!!!!

Old Town said:
SteveDodds, not everyone lives in Iowa. No doubt you have a very high rate of English speakers out your way. Once you get out of the Mid-West the country's demographic is much more diverse. Many languages are spoken all over the place. The US is a country of immigrants. My own mother's parents are of English decent via Cuba. So in essence my mom's parents were Cuban. Mom spoke Spanish growing up and my father did too. Dad was not Cuban but associated with many Cuban and Caribbean people of Spanish decent. I speak a fair Spanish as do many Keys natives.

Instead of railing against non-English speakers, why not learn a little Spanish? Watching the lovely Spanish ladies on the Spanish TV channels is my favorite way to stay in verbal shape. Plus they are fun to watch. Once you learn a few hundred words and can now understand some of what the Spanish folk you meet are trying to say, you'll find it's fun. They will accept you better and you'll have a better day. Gone will be your feeling of isolation. Remember, the world's not all about you. There are a lot of varied people around.

OT

Get over it!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

STEVE: It probably wasn't your intension but when I read your orginal post I got the impression that you kind of looked down on people who had finicial problems that forced them to live at lower standards. I see this too but I realize some deserve the problem and the others had no chance to do better. The way I look at it is who am I to judge not knowing their history!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SteveDodds said:
This post was supposed to be about things I hate. I wouldn't have posted had I known somebody was gonna try and find fault with what I had to say!!!!

SteveDodds, now you see why giving an opinion is my # 1 beef :laughing9:

You may want to amend you list and make it #1 like I did :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

Frankn said:
STEVE: It probably wasn't your intension but when I read your orginal post I got the impression that you kind of looked down on people who had finicial problems that forced them to live at lower standards. I see this too but I realize some deserve the problem and the others had no chance to do better. The way I look at it is who am I to judge not knowing their history!

That wasn't my intention. Its like this. A lot of times I am scraping to get by. The number one meal in my family is by far ramen noodles. I make to much to get any help. My pickup is 20 years old. My fiance's car is falling apart, literally. I have to pay $100 a week on daycare. That right there eats up about 1/3 of my weekly paycheck. So yeah it pisses me off that I work my ass off trying to get by and trying to feed my family while Joe Blow at Wal Mart goes and buys a cart load of groceries that I have to pay for through taxes. It pisses me off that when my boy asks for something special at the grocery store and I have to break his heart and tell him no because I can't afford it while some welfare white trash G-Money Food Stamp can get that special thing for their kid. Ya know, when I find gold or silver at a garage sale or someplace like that I immediately sell it. With that money I buy the kids new clothes, new shoes, new toys, and I also get to buy that special thing for my boy at the store that he wanted.

The reason the English thing pisses me off is because a lot of foreigners that come here expect society to bend over backwards for them. And I have had enough of it.

The more I think about this the madder I get so I am gonna stop now.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SteveDodds said:
Frankn said:

That wasn't my intention. Its like this. A lot of times I am scraping to get by. The number one meal in my family is by far ramen noodles. I make to much to get any help. My pickup is 20 years old. My fiance's car is falling apart, literally. I have to pay $100 a week on daycare. That right there eats up about 1/3 of my weekly paycheck. So yeah it pisses me off that I work my ass off trying to get by and trying to feed my family while Joe Blow at Wal Mart goes and buys a cart load of groceries that I have to pay for through taxes. It pisses me off that when my boy asks for something special at the grocery store and I have to break his heart and tell him no because I can't afford it while some welfare white trash G-Money Food Stamp can get that special thing for their kid. Ya know, when I find gold or silver at a garage sale or someplace like that I immediately sell it. With that money I buy the kids new clothes, new shoes, new toys, and I also get to buy that special thing for my boy at the store that he wanted.

The reason the English thing pisses me off is because a lot of foreigners that come here expect society to bend over backwards for them. And I have had enough of it.

The more I think about this the madder I get so I am gonna stop now.

Well said Steve. :notworthy:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sauerkraut, fighting & war

Frankn