Video of Girl Throwing Puppies into River Causes Outrage

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
(CNN) -- A video apparently showing a young woman throwing live puppies into a river has sparked outrage across the Internet.

And now it has also led to an animal rights group offering a bounty for the arrest of the people behind it.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has offered a reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of the people behind what it calls a "heinous act" of cruelty.

"Animal abusers are cowards," PETA Manager Martin Mersereau said in a news release announcing the $2,000 reward. "They take their issues out on the most defenseless beings available to them."

In the video, a girl in a red hooded sweatshirt is seen throwing at least six puppies into a fast-moving river.

She appears to speak Croatian, while repeatedly picking live animals from a bucket and throwing the squealing puppies into the water. It's not clear what eventually happened to them.

CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the video.

The tape was originally posted on YouTube, but was quickly pulled down. It is still widely available online and has gone viral, with sites such as LiveLeak.com registering more than 1.3 million views of the footage.

Web users have banded together on sites like 4chan.org to help identify the woman and the off-camera man who filmed it.

PETA says that clues in the video and the original post indicate that it may have been filmed near the Vrbas River in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

A facebook page dedicated to helping track them down had more than 7,000 people sign up since the video was posted Monday.

Users of the 4chan.org site have been in the news recently for identifying the person behind a similar incident involving a British woman caught on a security camera throwing a cat in a trash can last week

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
This just goes to show there are some sick twisted people in this world. Makes my belly turn!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a shame no one was behind her to push her into the river.. sorry am a animal lover.. sick jerkweed in book.

F

Felinepeachy

Animal abusers should suffer the same fate as their victims.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I just saw that video. Call me a chauvinist but it surprised me to see a young woman doing such a thing. I tend to think of woman as being more sensitive. Apparently not this damaged chick.

Very sad thing to watch. Makes you want to hug your own dogs more.

OT

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I wish she would've called me because I would have taken ALL of them!!!!!

I just lost my dog of 12 yrs. last Friday...my little man, Stosh, needs a playmate(s):)

Attachments

• DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 139

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Sorry about your other dog.

Is the other guy a little bit of Corgi? It's hard to tell when he's on his back. Very cute bugger.

OT

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Old Town said:
Sorry about your other dog.

Is the other guy a little bit of Corgi? It's hard to tell when he's on his back. Very cute bugger.

OT

WELL, we think he's part chihuahua and sneaky neighbor dog:)

He IS a cute lil dog w/ a sweet disposition! We got him from animal control many years ago...another saved from the gas chamber!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread