Would the World Unite Against a Hostile Alien Invasion?

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Town said:
Frank1960 said:
I think each country would try to make a deal with the aliens to be on their side against the rest of the world

This sounds like the world I know. Frank wins the debate.

OT

If survival became the dominant instinct upon their arrival, the officialdom of earth would probably try to bargain for their lives, and theirs alone. Hopefully, they would just end up as the main course on the alien menu.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's my take on this. HUMANS HAVE SEVERAL BASIC INSTINCTS. Among these are SURVIVAL, and FAMILY FIRST! If the earth was invaded, I believe the family first would unite us all ,for the duration only, the world would be one. And after all was said and done and we lost, the cobalt dooms day bomb would even things up! Yes it does exist, but you won't find it on Google!

If the Germans had invaded during WWII, they would have felt like the British during the revolutionary war. That every tree was shooting at them. The US has the largest gun population in the world and it is well known. A Japanese general was quoted after the war as saying this was the main reason they never attempted an invasion on our mainland.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Frankn, I fear such invaders would be able to hover out in space just outside our atmosphere and zap our cities and such with some death ray as the earth turned in place. Kinda like a shooting gallery for aliens. I rather doubt such invaders would lose a creature or even get a spaceship dented. They would own us like the Spanish owned the Incas. But without the stinking horses mucking things up and farting all the time.

OT

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly. Don't forget that you probably wouldn't have a chance to use a weapon. You know, they got that mind control stuff going on. In virtually every case in the literature the contactee was aware, but incapacitated and unable to do anything.

If there's anything to UFO's, sometimes I feel like we're either being groomed (for good or bad), we are too primitive to bother with or they're just here to protect the rest of the planet from us (not doing a very good job).

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
OT: I know that. That's why I said after all was said and done and we lost.
I was talking about a reaction, with a conclusion. But when they came down to claim their prize. the bomb would even the score! That bomb is so bad it can't even be tested.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Old Town said:
Frank1960 said:
I think each country would try to make a deal with the aliens to be on their side against the rest of the world

This sounds like the world I know. Frank wins the debate.

OT

Gee I won does that mean I get to speak to them for the USA? Wait that would me I stand a good chance of being zapped first...what the heck I'll take the chance LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread