Would the World Unite Against a Hostile Alien Invasion?

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I don't think ancient enemies would unite for any reason. The US and much of Europe would unite but not much beyond that. There would be too much confusion and fear the aliens were in league with the other side. Meaning the Chinese or the Muslims or the Indians would think the West was working with the aliens and vise versa.

During WW2 all sides would figure it was the other guy in joint effort with the aliens. No real uniting then either.

But who really knows? All I can think is any entity able to travel through space from another world would kick our collective backsides with one tentacle (or arm?) tied behind its back. We would be a cakewalk for such a force. Many bright scientists who have touched on this subject all agree a contact between worlds would not go well for earth. Think of the Europeans as they found new worlds. They used and destroyed every human force they met with superior technology. Same thing would probably happen if space ships landed here. This from fellows much smarter than me or us.

Old Town

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with OT, the only thing of significance I can add is that we'll all have to learn another language :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first I'd have to say when speaking of
Aliens from other Planets
"Hostile Alien Invasion",
even "Hostile Alien"
Sound to me like these words don't fit
together. In order to be that far advanced,
Hostility shouldn't even be in their Brains.

Unless attacked On their trip here

Odds are They would either be
completly War proofed by now.

Or so lost to the possibility of being Harmed
Earthlings would probably be able to kill
them with a punch.

as they would all be Stephen Hawking's

Only using their Brains
Which many on earth Don't even Use enough
to prove they have.

My guess earthlings traveling the universe
to explore over many years,
Would Kill each other, over
Food, Jealousy, Personal Property, Station
in Life, Etc. Long before reaching the first star.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
spartacus53 said:
I agree with OT, the only thing of significance I can add is that we'll all have to learn another language :laughing7:

Not really. We'd be food.

OT

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Jeff, it was Stephen Hawking's chief among the scientists who warned we should not seek contact. I could not think of his name until you mentioned it. All I think of is a brilliant Englishman in a chair when I think of Hawking's - couldn't conjure the name.

OT

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Jeff, it was Stephen Hawking's chief among the scientists who warned we should not seek contact. I could not think of his name until you mentioned it. All I think of is a brilliant Englishman in a chair when I think of Hawking's - couldn't conjure the name.

OT

LOL I Forgot his name also :tongue3:
I Googled: history of time :tongue3:

Don't remember why he said we shouldn't

But it wouldn't surprise me if
it was for fear of how We would React.

Or that we couldn't handle what we would learn
& Destroy ourselves with the Advances
we would learn before we understood how to use them.

Look what we first thought of when
learning to Split an Atom.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
It was Hawking's who made the comparison between aliens and European explorers in the New World. I only stole his thoughts. (I do this often - if you are going to steal good ideas, steal from the best)

Hawking's really thought the efforts of some to send radio waves into deep space to make contact was a bad idea. He tends to think we'd be destroyed by such contact. Either by being made slaves, having our water taken or other resources, or being used as a food source. Like cattle in a pen. Very cheery fellow that Hawking's

Old Town

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
It was Hawking's who made the comparison between aliens and European explorers in the New World. I only stole his thoughts. (I do this often - if you are going to steal good ideas, steal from the best)

Hawking's really thought the efforts of some to send radio waves into deep space to make contact was a bad idea. He tends to think we'd be destroyed by such contact. Either by being made slaves, having our water taken or other resources, or being used as a food source. Like cattle in a pen. Very cheery fellow that Hawking's

Old Town

I Guess I Don't think like He does

:D

He suggests that aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach."

Which only Reinforces my personal Belief
of what our Planets people have on their minds.

And although it is possible, it is also possible
they may think Very different then us.

on the whole scheme of things
this planet may not have "intelligent life"
if intelligent means
believing it's "something we wouldn't want to meet" :coffee2:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
I only stole his thoughts. (I do this often - if you are going to steal good ideas, steal from the best)

Then you best start quoting me ASAP :laughing7: I'll get their Rosetta Stone CD and learn the language in no time flat. They will need someone like me to direct the lambs to the slaughter :icon_thumleft:

Heck, I may even write them a good cookbook. ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How%20To%20Serve%20Man.jpg

JUICY-CANNIBAL_preview.jpg

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you suspend disbelief for a moment and take the main themes from UFOlogy then you would know that there are nine alien races we have encountered on Earth and a total of well over a hundred known to exist. These range from the 'guardian' type to the somewhat exploitative (in league with gov't, etc.) to the downright mean.

If so, then it is somewhat like the world; you cannot invade a country without the possibility of other countries joining in. I believe that, if they wanted to, they could cause ourselves or our own devices to cause our destruction. I do not think they would, however.

If you think about it you realize that, as far as resources go, space is chock full of them and, with zero gravity, you can move and process them easily. No, what would interest them about Earth is life; that is the rarity in the universe. Depending upon galactic politics (or whatever system they utilize), we could be in for many different scenarios, but I think that, if anything happens, it will hopefully be in the form of a 'wake-up call' or a 'welcome to the galaxy' message.

They could even use our own religions and myths against us...they could probably do a pretty good rendition of the return of Jesus, for instance. Fun to think about, if nothing else.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Beep, I love this topic. Hawking's tend to think our appeal to aliens would be H2O. Water in an unfrozen state. This is a rare thing in what part of the universe we can see. This leads many to believe it's rare everywhere throughout the cosmos because of how homogenous is the distributions of elements everywhere.

If there is one thing I'd like to see before I die it would be an authentic alien spacecraft landing and making contact. That would be a gas!!! Hopefully I'd be old enough at the time so that if they wanted to eat us I'd not be out too many years. But for that one moment, looking at a District 9 like spaceship and prawns, it would be worth it.

Old Town

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're all nuts.... They're coming here for the formulas... They want the secret ingredients for Coca-Cola, KFC's spicy batter, Nathan's spicy franks, and most of all Mickey D's "special sauce" to name a few :laughing7:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Town said:
Beep, I love this topic. Hawking's tend to think our appeal to aliens would be H2O. Water in an unfrozen state. This is a rare thing in what part of the universe we can see. This leads many to believe it's rare everywhere throughout the cosmos because of how homogenous is the distributions of elements everywhere.

If there is one thing I'd like to see before I die it would be an authentic alien spacecraft landing and making contact. That would be a gas!!! Hopefully I'd be old enough at the time so that if they wanted to eat us I'd not be out too many years. But for that one moment, looking at a District 9 like spaceship and prawns, it would be worth it.

Old Town

Right you are. Fresh unsalinated water we have in plenty, although dwindling rapidly. There have been many reports of alien craft sucking up water from fresh water lakes, etc. The theory is that water is used in the reactions that power the craft.

A Nobel prize winning physicist I know watched a ship for over an hour with his students while in the field. He's a believer. This is probably as close as I'm going to get to seeing one myself.

spartacus53 said:
You're all nuts.... They're coming here for the formulas... They want the secret ingredients for Coca-Cola, KFC's spicy batter, Nathan's spicy franks, and most of all Mickey D's "special sauce" to name a few :laughing7:

I often wonder if anything we produce or have is a desired commodity on the galactic market. Some of our music, art, inventions, genes, brain chemicals, entire bodies, etc. :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beep, that is the million dollar question... Forget about the invasion, I want to know what their form of entertainment is... Do they have sports, music, etc and what are they like? I wonder if their offspring doesn't drive them crazy with different forms of music they hate, and wanting to borrow the car all the time, etc... :tongue3:

After all once they take over, I'll be seeking employment in their entertainment field :icon_thumleft: That is, so long as we are not a part of their sport, or cuisine.

ibby da

Just practicing for the day they arrive :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, we should not make contact, and I understand why. A lesson we could learn from all the illegal immigrants that cross the border. (So I hear, and there's not as many as before, border security is makin a dent, on the other hand, it's a joke IF you are smarter than they are, which I am, apparently) I do not believe there is some benevolent civilization out there watchin us, or mutilating cattle. (I spend a lot of time in the San Luis Valley.) If there is, and they visit us, they aren't very smart. Why land in my front yard where y'all can see me on CNN, when they could go to Disneyland and have a big time? (Probably fit right in, too.)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they exist, and have existed throughout history, then we have made contact many times.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Valid point, beep goes on.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
No need to unite.These things only ever happen in America,it's 11 hours flying from the UK to the states,(12 from Sweden) and Will Smith and the gang usually have the job finished in under 3 hours! :hello2:

I have no doubt that aliens have been here before now. I'm no Von Daniken,but the truth is if you look at just some of the things around it's hard NOT to believe!
The Nasca lines..which are ancient and can only be truly observed from the air!

The tribe in Borneo or wherever, who'd never seen a white man before, but knew the planet Pluto was where it is years before it was discovered!

I also enjoyed the original "stargate" theory for the Egyptians lol. Leaving the "kook's" out of the picture,there's many weird and wonderful "unexplained" things out there, even the bible talks of a "chariot,blazing fire,rising to the heavens"...spaceship?
We could hve weeks of entertaining arguments on this subject! :headbang:

Anyhow,assuming an alien invasion force consisted of a similar species to ourselves..and not huge beings made of gas or with feet the size of Guatemala,to whom we'd be like ants are to us!...Then a concerted invasion would target all the countries most capable of fighting back. This would entail most of us defending our own countries, and helping others only if troops and materials happened to be there at the time. (USS Enterprise(ocean version),harboured in singapore, USS Ronald Reagan harboured in Sydney...etc)

As already stated..if they have the technology and know how to get here...then we're dead if they want it that way anyhow!!! :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread