New Zealand Members Roll Call (earthquake)

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi Belle.. Thanks for your concern for us down under.
The quake was very localised. Christchurch City in the South Island took the hit.
I live about 260 miles from there and I think I am the closest TN regular to Christchurch,
although I may be wrong about that. It woke us up here at about 4.40am because it
went on for so long. My bird, a cockatiel was going nuts :tongue3: But no damage.
The city has been really hard hit with lots of old brick buildings damaged. It looks like
most of the damage is to the frontages or facades coming down into the street. I wonder
if this is because of the need to preserve the historic look of buildings when renovating.
Lots of private homes damaged also and water, power and sewerage out. Thankfully
no loss of life due to the early hour. The media have been all over it of course with
probably the biggest beat-up, reporting looting. Police say there was none.
Once again thanks for your concern.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiwijohn said:
Hi Belle.. Thanks for your concern for us down under.
The quake was very localised. Christchurch City in the South Island took the hit.
I live about 260 miles from there and I think I am the closest TN regular to Christchurch,
although I may be wrong about that. It woke us up here at about 4.40am because it
went on for so long. My bird, a cockatiel was going nuts :tongue3: But no damage.
The city has been really hard hit with lots of old brick buildings damaged. It looks like
most of the damage is to the frontages or facades coming down into the street. I wonder
if this is because of the need to preserve the historic look of buildings when renovating.
Lots of private homes damaged also and water, power and sewerage out. Thankfully
no loss of life due to the early hour. The media have been all over it of course with
probably the biggest beat-up, reporting looting. Police say there was none.
Once again thanks for your concern.
Mate, Glad to hear you're OK.
Mike

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Here's some video of the morning after.

And cleaning up in the brewery. Oh the humanity :laughing9:

Lots more on line.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Glad to hear you fared well John we was thinkin of you down there now I just need to hear from sasnz he's up in Auckland an havent heard anything from him since the quake so Me an the family are a little concerned .Hopefully it is just your internet actin goofy down there .

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the thoughts Tank..
If sasnz is in Auckland he will be fine.

John

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiwijohn said:
Thanks for the thoughts Tank..
If sasnz is in Auckland he will be fine.

John

Thanks John good to know their ok up that way ......glad to hear you did ok to :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread