Reality Checks

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one this weekend. A while back my son asked me to help him roof his house and I said, "Sure, no problem. Roofed many a house in my day. Piece of cake!"

"Yesterday I came home so sore I didn't think I was going to be able to help him finish today. Today I'm much better off, just came home stiff as a tree and nearly numb from the waist down!"

Reality Check......."Not as young as I use to be, or as young as I think I am." :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Got one this weekend. A while back my son asked me to help him roof his house and I said, "Sure, no problem. Roofed many a house in my day. Piece of cake!"

"Yesterday I came home so sore I didn't think I was going to be able to help him finish today. Today I'm much better off, just came home stiff as a tree and nearly numb from the waist down!"

Reality Check......."Not as young as I use to be, or as young as I think I am." :laughing7:

Yeah, hate it when that happens. >:( Ooo, gonna go use that one in the "Things I Hate" thread, don't hate me for it. ;D

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nooooooooooooooooooo Not the Roofing Thing!!!! 5 years Experience and will not put it on my resume!!!! the less they know the better!!! Chug

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blacksheep said:
I share your pain, spent half the day as a contortionist under the dash of a Japanese car. (removed a dead mouse for a friend of my daughter) :coffee2:

I think you may have disconnected the horn system there buddy :laughing7:

Bigscoop, that was a great gesture helping your son, but I would have taken a different approach.

1- Set up small lawn chair & table, complete with a cooler of drinks.
2- Sit in said chair and give directions through my directors bullhorn

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Blacksheep said:
I share your pain, spent half the day as a contortionist under the dash of a Japanese car. (removed a dead mouse for a friend of my daughter) :coffee2:

Bigscoop, that was a great gesture helping your son, but I would have taken a different approach.

Oh yes, that will be the plan the next time! :laughing7:

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
spartacus53 said:
Blacksheep said:

Double checked the horn, ask me about the carpet, you know, the cheap crap molded/stretched and curls up under the
gas pedal when removed? Yea, good times...fingers are still bent at odd angle's. :wink:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
Blacksheep said:

Spart , you are such a like minded individual . I add rule #3 :
Don't tell them they are doing it wrong , in your opinion .
You then got to put down the drink and bullhorn , get up out of your chair , and climb up there to 'show
them the right way'.
Ain't worth the effort and pain thet ensues . :laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
At the doc's for tests, they said "jump on the exercise bike for us please."
No problem! Rode bikes for years.
I lasted exactly 2 mins 20 secs....then promptly had a"minor heart attack" and fell off! = Reality check! :(

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeling much better this morning. I can actually feel my legs, knees, ribs, shoulders, ankles, hips, feet, thighs, lower back, hands & fingers.

The good news..........I never struck my thumb with the hammer even once! Yep,...I still got it baby! :laughing7:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain, my Son asked me to help paint the inside of a 3,000 square foot house, it was the hottest summer I have ever seen, no electric yet, my knees were 'talking to me' after walking up & down the ladder for several days.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
I feel your pain, my Son asked me to help paint the inside of a 3,000 square foot house, it was the hottest summer I have ever seen, no electric yet, my knees were 'talking to me' after walking up & down the ladder for several days.

Fossis..........

It's all perspective. If you never spilled the paint....."you still got it baby!" :laughing7: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news..........I never struck my thumb with the hammer even once! Yep,...I still got it baby! :laughing7:
[/quote]

Spoke too soon! (Got it two times today roofing the garage. :laughing7: :help:)

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
When I go rock hounding or prospecting, I sling rock and dirt around like I'm thirty years old(I'll be 63 in november).
I do this because of my inner child tells me to.
I believe that I should do more from experience then when I was younger to keep that youthfull feeling.
The reality of my body saying,"Slow down peckerwood",hits home after a few hours of my mind saying, one more shovel full, over and over.
The reality of my body saying stop or get that case of, "My get up and go, got up and went" sets in.
I can get all the rest that I need when I got really old, as compared to my present age.
My rocking chair is a three legged camping chair in the woods when I take a break from digging to clean my gear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread