What is the Weirdest thing you have seen while detecting!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please be nice Remember it is s family friendly site!!!!

I have seen stuff that should not be seen by anyone!!! and because it is a family friendly site i wont mention them!!!

Just remember to listen before you walk around the bushes!!!!

Enough said!!! Chug

Today while detecting, I noticed four People carrying canoes down to the river!!! not wanting to interupt them i turned around and detected the other direction for a few minutes on my way back I noticed them holding hands a singing loudly!!! Being hearing impaired I couldn't hear what they were singing!!!!! Went back the other direction!!! A little while later when i came back there was a drawing in the sand with small flowers and an alter!!!! And a pentagram!!!!! I thought about destroying it but was Unsure what would happen if i did!!!! Needless to say I wont be returning to this place for Awhile!!!!! I did not find anything but pulltabs and bottle caps after seeing the drawing!!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there are other ways to combat that sort of activity... While they were away, I would have quickly went to work drawing mid sized "smiley faces" around their pentagram. Just make sure all the smiley faces are connected. By doing this you give them no access to their makeshift alter :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spartacus53 said:
Well, there are other ways to combat that sort of activity... While they were away, I would have quickly went to work drawing mid sized "smiley faces" around their pentagram. Just make sure all the smiley faces are connected. By doing this you give them no access to their makeshift alter :icon_thumleft:

I will have to rememberthat one !!!!!!!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You should inform the FBI. It's possible they're training to suicide bomb the white house from the Potomac. You can pack a lot of explosives into a canoe!! :o

Why destroy the pentagram? They have the same rights to their beliefs as you do. If they were singing then they were probably just Pagans..not satanists. Pagans worship nature and all it entails..that's all.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I remember a guy on here that found a dead woman in one of those tube slides in a park. Defenitely the weirdest I have ever heard of.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
WindHarvester said:
I remember a guy on here that found a dead woman in one of those tube slides in a park. Defenitely the weirdest I have ever heard of.

While MD'ing? :icon_scratch: Me, nothing weird. Heard of bodies and hands. Maybe a buried pet or two.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
BloodyBelle said:
WindHarvester said:

While MD'ing? :icon_scratch: Me, nothing weird. Heard of bodies and hands. Maybe a buried pet or two.

Yep, He seen her legs hanging out of the tube and wen't to investigate. I think He said it may have been an overdose. Glad a child didn't find Her.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WindHarvester said:
BloodyBelle said:
WindHarvester said:

Yep, He seen her legs hanging out of the tube and wen't to investigate. I think He said it may have been an overdose. Glad a child didn't find Her.

Wow, really glad a child didn't find her, that would be very traumatic to say the least. :o

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was down on the beach after a bad storm. The dunes were cut down about 8'. I started to detect the vertical wall of the dune. got a loud signal. Brushed away some sand ,looked in and saw an eye looking out at me! It was a camera lens that had turned silver forming a small mirror. What I had actually found was a German camera and transmitter in very corroded condition at app. 6' down the dune wall. Probably left by some spies during WW II.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Frankn said:
I was down on the beach after a bad storm. The dunes were cut down about 8'. I started to detect the vertical wall of the dune. got a loud signal. Brushed away some sand ,looked in and saw an eye looking out at me! It was a camera lens that had turned silver forming a small mirror. What I had actually found was a German camera and transmitter in very corroded condition at app. 6' down the dune wall. Probably left by some spies during WW II.

That sounds so cool. Pic?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
sorry! no pics. This happened over 10 years ago. Before my house burned down. The house was a total loss with all contents almost including me. I looked for that lens, but it melted. The was 200 year old oak and I figure the fire was at least 2200 degrees. hot enough to melt glass. Only the memories linger on.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Frankn said:
sorry! no pics. This happened over 10 years ago. Before my house burned down. The house was a total loss with all contents almost including me. I looked for that lens, but it melted. The was 200 year old oak and I figure the fire was at least 2200 degrees. hot enough to melt glass. Only the memories linger on.

I'm so sorry.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Had one of our pet laying hens hitchhike on the rear axle of my pick-up, 15 miles, at 70 mph, to my buddies house. I was completely unaware of this until later. We got back from detecting, saw the hen, couldn't catch her, and then she finally jumped back up onto the rear axle of the truck, and I headed home (a bit slower this time.)

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
This chicken story is the best. I've heard of cats in the engine compartment going for a ride but not hens on the axle. Very funny.

OT

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread