I was a target of my girlfriends anger... she lost her bank card.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Tonight, after she got back to the house and realized she lost her bank card, it was an all out travesty. Long story short, she lost her bank card and I told her that it was going to be alright because she can just call and cancel. (this was after we spent a long time looking through her car and purse).

Her, "You don't understand. I just had it on me".
"Yes, but we can call and cancel it"
"But you don't understand, I just had it, so it must be here"
"Yes, but we already looked, so lets cancel it so you will feel better"
"No. You don't understand. I just had it"
"Yes, but we can't find it, so lets just cancel the card so it won't be used"
"No... My bank is closed and we can't cancel it"
"No, it's a visa, so we can cancel it anytime".
"No"
"Yes, here, let me call the number for you..... " (I call the number for her and prep the phone attendant). 10 minutes later, she slams the phone down...
"I've waiting 10 minutes on the phone... and my card is here somewhere"
"Yes, sweety, let me help you again. It takes awhile on the phone, I've done it before myself, but you have to do it to cancel your card".
"But I just used it"
"yes sweaty, but lets cancel your card in case you can't find it, and just call your bank tomorrow and order a new one after we cancel it tonight"
"How the fark can I cancel it if my bank is closed"?
"Sweaty, trust me, we can cancel it through Visa. They are open 24 hours a day... you have a Visa bank card, we can cancel it"
"No... You don't get it... I just used it and they won't talk to me"

... an hour later, she got Visa to cancel her card.... ...and then....

"Now, how do I close the card because it's a debit card"???
"Sweaty.... Visa closed your card... Your card is closed so you're safe"
"NO, It was a bank card, not a Visa card"
"Sweaty, just go to bed. I will deal with it in the morning."

No doubt, I will not be in her favor, even though I make her breakfast like I always do..... I love her... but sometimes, she just takes the cake.
:laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Once she realises you were calling her "sweaty" all night and not "sweetie"...you're gonna be in more trouble than ever!!! :laughing9:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now - HOPEFULLY - she's not banking at Bank of America. I tried about >8 times< to get a replacement card starting in MARCH. I received it in August.

It's REALLY scary to think how important a piece of plastic is these days.

Try trading a gold bar for a rental car!

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this whole picture.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Dano Sverige said:
Once she realises you were calling her "sweaty" all night and not "sweetie"...you're gonna be in more trouble than ever!!! :laughing9:

LMAO Dano

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Marc said:
Now - HOPEFULLY - she's not banking at Bank of America. I tried about >8 times< to get a replacement card starting in MARCH. I received it in August.

Indeed. Very wrong. Beware of HSBC!!!!!!! Btw the way I read the other day they like doubled their profits ? over the past year. Surprise...not.

So I'm with the gal. Better to find it than spend hours and days on the phone; being interrogated by the security department then being unable to withdraw cash for weeks.

Happened to me recently. It took a coupla days but I mentally traced my steps to the second. Found a possible then it took a few phone calls over 3 shifts at CVS to find it was in their safe. It was well worth it.

Doesn't hurt to write everything down so you can live when you know you misplaced it--not lost it.

Looking forward to what the jury brings in.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
Tell them you are Hispanic and just made a long journey. You'll get free checking, bank card, home and car loan and probably a toaster.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Yeah, I caught the 'sweaty' part in my head right after I went to bed. Oh well. Now, she flustered because she doesn't have time to get a new card. I told her that it'll be mailed to her in just a few days... but apparently despite her having 2 other credit cards, that's not going to work. Things are tense since that night. I guess you can say I'm still in the dog house (and prefer to be).

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
Marc said:

don't even get me started on B of A....took half a dozen tries to close my student account there when i was moving it to a local credit union.....only had it there cause there was an ATM of theirs on campus.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHE lost the card,
YOU'RE in the doghouse,

Surrender men...for we are doomed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread