mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is nothing I was canning green beans one year and my carbon detector went off. We called the firer department out and they checked out the furance and water tank. There was nothing wrong with them. So I started my beans back up and it went off again. Have you ever hear anything like that. They fire department said that was the first time they had ever deen that.....Matt

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mlayers said:
That is nothing I was canning green beans one year and my carbon detector went off. We called the firer department out and they checked out the furance and water tank. There was nothing wrong with them. So I started my beans back up and it went off again. Have you ever hear anything like that. They fire department said that was the first time they had ever deen that.....Matt
We have that on a regular basis if we run two canners at once on our propane stove . As a precaution we open doors and windows for extra ventilation . That keeps the detector from going off .
Jim

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Residential detecting devices are not that finely filtered. They can be triggered by a broad band of chemicals. It's a better safe than getting sued setting. My propane detector on my MH is triggerer by ammonia also. When it goes off, think about the last thing you saturated the air with, but open the windows first!

K

Kentucky Kache

Did you know that sanding drywall will set off a smoke detector?

No comment. :tongue3:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you didn't smell so badly, it wouldn't have happened. :laughing7:

Kirk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
If you didn't smell so badly, it wouldn't have happened. :laughing7:

Kirk

How would you know? Where you been sniffin around?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread