Bullies..

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I have 620 supporters on BandWorld,this is one post that I like and I'm posting it here for the people that have been bullied.
Story By: Dave Sabourin Sr.

a 13 yr old boy in Texas shot himself in the head after years of bullying and torment for being gay. Seth Walsh, also 13, hung himself from a backyard tree. Tyler Clementi, 18 & a freshman at Rutgers, jumped off the GW Bridge - his roommate broadcast video of Tyler with another guy. Today, I STAND UP TO THOSE BULLIES in their honor. If you care to STAND UP with me, please post this as your status. Stay strong

My cousin is gay to remind you.. Thanks for reading!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullies are usually cowards. Whip their assses once and they'll leave you alone. I've seen it happen. Every once in a while, you'll find one who is just MEAN and that's it. You just can't let any of those pukes control your life; and that's exactly what will happen. If you're scared of them, then they control you.
Remember, too. When you graduate from high school, you'll not have to see them again. They are usually losers and won't be more than that while YOU go on and make something of yourself. After school graduation, it's funny how everyone kinda disappears; even in a real small town. :thumbsup:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
CWH: I live in a town (Key West) that has about a 20% gay population. It seems like more. Probably one third of the people who work for me in the hotel trade are gay. In the art community where I'm active in sculpture, and in the chamber of commerce that I'm a member of, seemingly all of the persons I meet are gay. This has never bothered me probably because I grew up with it and I never had to "get used to it". It always seemed the norm to me.

This is because being gay is normal to a large section of the population. It is good of you to support your cousin. I can't imagine being in the stupid period of your teens and being so far out of the mainstream regarding such a sensitive issue as sexual identity. Most adults can't handle it. So I'm with you, kid. Hope the cousin has a better time in life than those who went before him.

About bullies: You can't fight them all. Just try to ignore and avoid. Failing that, a punch in the throat works pretty good and won't hurt a guy's hand. Or his manicure. LOL

OT

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack is right about bullies. Whup their asses. I got no problem with gay folks. (That Brokeback Mountain movie wasn't right, though) There comes a time when you can't stand idly by and watch other folks be bullied and ridiculed because of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, and I'll be the first to stand up and stop that sh*t real quick. Don't mean I condone your lifestyle, but you have a right not to live in fear. That boy that shot himself in the head, he probably shot the wrong feller.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
RGINN said:
Shortstack is right about bullies. Whup their asses. I got no problem with gay folks. (That Brokeback Mountain movie wasn't right, though) There comes a time when you can't stand idly by and watch other folks be bullied and ridiculed because of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, and I'll be the first to stand up and stop that sh*t real quick. Don't mean I condone your lifestyle, but you have a right not to live in fear. That boy that shot himself in the head, he probably shot the wrong feller.

The only thing wrong with the movie was they called them Cowboys when they were sheepherders. Don't these people who make movies watch old westerns? Everybody knows cattle men and sheepherders don't get along. They should have had a real cattle-driving cowboy swapping spit with a sheepherder. Now that would have even offended me. LOL

OT

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I'll gladly stand with you and anyone else that stands up to Bullies. There is no room in this world for the likes of them or the damage they do.

Desertfox

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"a 13 yr old boy in Texas shot himself in the head after years of bullying and torment for being gay. " - Flag down on that play sorry!
At 13 i barely knew sex existed! Never mind if i was gay or not! He'd been bullied for years? What age did he find out he was gay??

...And the other guy wasn't bullied. His roomate's accomplice was a girl.It was more "pure meaness" than bullying. The guy killed himself from shame and embarrassment.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
A good overhand right to the end of the nose,usually ends that crap. My Son who is not gay figured this out ,when a school bully decided that carrying a book in the hip pocket for off time reading was sissy stuff. He wound up in a double chicken wing ,with his head being bounced off the hall floor. He cried infront of the whole population. My boy took his whacks from the pppprincipal without a whimper ,also in front of everyone.

Hmmm?

Oct 5, 2010
Southern, NJ
civil war hunter said:
I have 620 supporters on BandWorld,this is one post that I like and I'm posting it here for the people that have been bullied.
Story By: Dave Sabourin Sr.

a 13 yr old boy in Texas shot himself in the head after years of bullying and torment for being gay. Seth Walsh, also 13, hung himself from a backyard tree. Tyler Clementi, 18 & a freshman at Rutgers, jumped off the GW Bridge - his roommate broadcast video of Tyler with another guy. Today, I STAND UP TO THOSE BULLIES in their honor. If you care to STAND UP with me, please post this as your status. Stay strong

My cousin is gay to remind you.. Thanks for reading!

Bullying.. is unacceptable.
How sad is it.. that in today's society of "tolerance", these young people were bullied in to making the
ultimate sacrifice for who they were.
Haven't we learned anything from history? Why must this story play over and over?
Why do we repeat the mistakes of yesterday?
Parents, teach your children tolerance..not intolerance and prejudice. Teach them to accept people for who they are.
Bullying is abuse.
We are all in this together.. This thing called life.. Live and let live.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
CWH, good for you, you're doing the right thing. These guys are right about how to deal with them, the the trouble is you can't fight all of them so pick your time wisely which is easier said than done. The only thing I somewhat disagree with (stress somewhat, for the most part I agree) is that you don't have to beat them each time, you just need to make they sure they remember you even if you lose. They usually want an easy mark, even if they win but you left him hurting or got that one good shot that makes him think twice that makes you put you in the "not an easy mark" category.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Tony66 said:
CWH, good for you, you're doing the right thing. These guys are right about how to deal with them, the the trouble is you can't fight all of them so pick your time wisely which is easier said than done. The only thing I somewhat disagree with (stress somewhat, for the most part I agree) is that you don't have to beat them each time, you just need to make they sure they remember you even if you lose. They usually want an easy mark, even if they win but you left him hurting or got that one good shot that makes him think twice that makes you put you in the "not an easy mark" category.

Correct. You don't have to win. You only have to resist and make them pay some price. Tony is right.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Bullies don't think to much of themselves so they have to continually bring people down below their level so they can feel good.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
“Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.”

Attachments

• no_bullying.jpg
    no_bullying.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 142

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its not what your called , its what you answer to * thats important --- no one can make you feel "wrong" or "wierd" without you buying into it to some degree -

- if your cuz says -- yah I'm gay , so what? that leaves them nothing to use for ammo --

now if they hit , punch or abuse him physically for being "gay" that my freind is a hate crime and is against federal law -- to hit anyone is "plain old assault" and that too is against the law as well -- so call the cops

worse comes to worse --pack a gun -- and tell em --back off NOW

so long as gay folks are with consenting adults -- its their bussiness and their lifes == if you do not like them being "gay" fine -- you do not "have" to invite them over to your barbaque --- but that does not mean you get to burn their house down. ---- you live in "your world" and let them have theirs .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread