#12.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 275

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: More of the 'Ouch! That's not good.' series

:o :o :o Holy S&^T!!!!! I would definately be changing my pants, and everything else after going through all that!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to show Chug when he gets home!!!!! MORE!!!!! MORE!!! ENCORE!!!! :thumbsup:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are all bad except if that was a Meteorite & it didn't hurt anyone. :laughing7:

Fossis............

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I imagine that rock came from the hill/mountain the house is on. Can you imagine sitting in the chair when it hit?

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Chug and Red, I am glad you like them. I wasn't sure about putting too many on here cause I didn't want folks
to get tired of seeing them. I still have some more that I can post, but I don't want to overdo it. Thanks for
looking.

fossis, you are right. It came pretty close.
Beep, those guys standing there look like construction workers so I think they were somehow either responsible
or at least involved in what caused that boulder to fall on the house. It would be a difficult task to get rid of it
without messing up the house any more than it already is.

Thanks for all your replies.

Ray

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

that scooter in the concrete looks like it happened at boeing or something like it

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

House 700 feet down the road from me got a rock like that right beside the baby's crib from a strip mine blast gone bad . Thankfully , no injuries .
Keep on posting . Kinda hard to get tired of pics like that .
Jim

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The mallard pics reminded me of of an incident at work a few months ago with mama and eleven chicks. Ten of them fell en masse into the drainage opening while mama and one obviously more intelligent chick looked down and quacked at them.
We were eventually able to rescue them as the 'survivors' were milling around in a gated exit lane and we couldn't leave the chicks there to die or mom and lone chick to get hit by a car. I wish I had gotten it on video, I'm sure it would have gone instantly viral.
We looked like idiots chasing mama and baby chick trying to catch them for the 'family reunion'.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love the pics. :icon_thumright:

More, more, more. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pic # 4 reminds me of the time my in-laws were adding on to the carport by extending the driveway by pouring cement. The form all filled in and the cement workers were smoothing/spreading the mixture. We all decided to order delivery pizza, with the outside flood lights on the poor kid was blinded by the lights and did not see the freshly poured completed form. Well, needless to say it sorta looks like the pic. Thank goodness the workers were still here.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used

Sniffer, it does look like that type of location. I'm surprised that they didn't put some kind of barricade all around the
area to prevent something like that. Several years ago, we did a big remodel job on a funeral home including replacing
a section of broken sidewalk. when the cement finisher was doing the last of finishing, a very pretty and well-dressed
young lady walked by. We found out later that she was a sales girl in a store down the street a bit and was on her way
into work. He wanted to flirt with her and didn't have much time to think, so he asked her, "Would you like to leave
your footprint," thinking that she would just say no. But she surprised him by saying, "Ok" and she stepped up next
to him, put her hand on his shoulder, and proceeded to step on the fresh cement. She had high heels on and lost her
balance and pushed hard on his shoulder which made him lose his balance. They both fell in. Immediately they were
both yelling at each other. She had to go home and wash and change clothes and was late for work. He had some
scrambling to do to fill in the big mess in his cement. Luckily, he had an extra pair of pants in his truck and he threw
his shirt away. He finally got it fixed up ok, by using some off a small pile that the cement truck driver left when he
washed out his truck. Although, it made his job pretty tough, it was really funny to an on-looker, and he did ask for
it. LOL. Thanks for your reply

truckinbutch, wow! That must have been pretty scary for the parents. Ok, there are more coming up. Thanks

Tee, Yup, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at that time. His landing is liable to be a bit rough and rocky. It's
too bad that the camera man couldn't have stopped the ducks before that could happen. Thanks for comment.

Gopher That must have been pretty funny sight. It was nice of you guys to go to so much effort to save them.

Thank you for your reply.

Ray

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Terrible for them , Ray . Bad luck house all way round . The bad blast and settlements put that company out of business . Another company bought the stripping lease and the following year the transmission failed in one of their dozers . It ran away backward over the slope , operator on board , and split the house side to side in the middle . Again , no injuries .
Original owner repaired the house and then sold out to the first black family to live in our hollow . Heck of a nice family and good neighbors .
Some redneck jackwagon spraypainted hate messages all over the place while they were gone and set it on fire . Us real neighbors were able to get the fire out before it was a total loss and helped them to rebuild .
A few years later Pete's wife was making french fries and had a grease fire . Total loss with a few minor injuries .
They gave up and sold the property . New guy just moved into a new doublewide . Another nice feller . Hope he and his wife have better luck .
Jim

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used

Wow, truckinbutch that does sound terrible. I try not to be superstitious but I kinda think, that with the history of that place,
I would shy away from it, no matter how good a deal was offered. I am glad there were no injuries during all those bad
incidents.

Ray

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

I haven't told him the history . Don't want to jinx him .
Jim

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used

Hello, DigginThepast, Thanks, I do have enough left to make one more good post of them.

Greetings, RR Yup, if something messes it up at that point in time, it can be tricky to get it all filled in and smoothed
out to a finish surface, so it was good that they were still there. I'll bet the poor pizza boy didn't feel too good
about walking in it. LOL.
Check out my answer to Sniffer to read a funny one (just above here) about cement getting messed up.

truckinbutch, Yup, I gotcha.

Ray

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always like those Ray. I like to look at them and think, 'well, at least I didn't do that!'

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used

Hello, RGinn, yeah, me too. Some of these are some awful predicaments to be in or have caused and will cost
someone an awful lot of money.LOL.

Thanks for looking and for your reply.

Ray

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

Post them all Ray, I enjoy the photos and I try an view them as humorous in my mind.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used

Hello Mike if you scroll down a ways you will find the other 2 bunches along with a good one about the old drive-ins
and old cars. Also there is one that titled 'Season's Greetings' that I am going to change the title on. That was the name
on the email on it but it is not about Christmas and has a funny but good message about voting.I should have changed
it before posting. Thanks for your reply.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread