Dry, Dry, & Dryer!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry, Dry, & Dryer!

32 counties here have now issued a "no burn" warning. It's the 8th of October and we're still seeing a lot of sun and the 80's. Farm fields are being harvested really early. We could see 90 degrees on Sunday. I can't remember the last time it rained. I've not had to cut the grass in a month. Good news is........"No mosquitoes!"

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Re: Dry, Dry, & Dryer!

Hello, Bigscoop, We are also having unseasonably warm weather now. As much as 10 degrees above normal for this
time of year. We had an all day's rain three days ago and some a week before that. I cut our grass today but it will
probably the last time for this year. It was growing kinda slow until this last rain and now with this warm weather
it shot up. It is nice to have the warm weather last like it is. But I hope we don't have to pay for it with a real cold
winter, although I have heard a little about that we are supposed to have a brutal one this year. I sincerely hope
they are wrong. LOL.

Ray

I just saw a forecast for Sunday and it will be 15 to 20 degrees above normal. :hello2:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dry, Dry, & Dryer!

We've had fire restrictions in effect for about a month now here in the high country, but we have had some moisture and cool temps in the last week or so. I still feel we're just one lightning strike away from somethin CNN will be coverin every night, due to all the beetle killed pine trees. Another real danger, it amazes me the number of times I'm out in the woods and find still smoldering camp fires that people just left. I'm tempted to just ignore them because we probably really need a couple more good forest fires, but I always put them out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread