Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Gopher, You betcha. :tongue3:

Unicorn, That's good. That is what I had hoped for.

Tee, That tart lemon would have been quite a shock if he was expecting an orange. :laughing9:

Thank you all for your replies.

Ray

P S All this talk about lemons reminds me of an old riddle.

What's the best diet you can eat???

You eat 10 lemons for breakfast, and by the time your
mouth is all unpuckered,
dinner and supper has allready gone by. :laughing7: :laughing7:

S

stefen

My daughter used to stand in front of a crowd and eat lemons like they were apple...everybody would make faces like these babies...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very entertaining, but if you noticed; several of those kids actually liked the taste.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Stefen, that would have been funny to see, too. Sometimes kids can be such a surprise with they will do. I'll bet she
got a kick out of it too, watching reactions. Thanks for your amusing reply.

DigginThePast, you are welcome and thanks for looking.

Spartacus yes I noticed, and I kinda wondered about that. I wouldn't have thought that kids would like raw lemons,
but am finding out that some do. Thanks for looking and your reply.

Ray

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
That was funny.
My kids actually liked lemons and still do.
You could tell that quite a few of those kids liked them after they recovered from the shock to their taste buds.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was amused by the involuntary shudder movement they each made. No doubt some inborn trait in human beings? Monty

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I was amused by the involuntary shudder movement they each made. No doubt some inborn trait in human beings? Monty

Very observant Monty in noticing those involuntary shutters. This is the exact litmus test that NASA uses when they try and find aliens from UFO's.. It's a well known fact that aliens will not react at all because they have no taste buds :icon_thumleft:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Monty said:

Very observant Monty in noticing those involuntary shutters. This is the exact litmus test that NASA uses when they try and find aliens from UFO's.. It's a well known fact that aliens will not react at all because they have no taste buds :icon_thumleft:

I could find no video to back up your claims. :dontknow: Only aliens eating humans. :icon_scratch: :help:

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hi there P.B. and Dylan, that is good. Lemons have some good vitamins if you can get past their pucker power. :tongue3:
Thank you for your response.

Hello Brother Monty, Yup, you must be right. :laughing9: Their expressions are funny.
How is that surgery doing? I think you already had it, didn't you?
Wishing you all the best and thanks for your reply.

Ray

P. S. Excuse me Monty. I just checked the date when you mentioned your knee surgery and it looks like you
have not had enough time since then to have had it done. My mistake.
But I'll pray for a quick and speedy recovery for you. After the soreness is all gone, you will be so glad you had
it done.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:

You are correct Monty.
It is called an "Unconditioned Response" (UCR) meaning that it is a reflexive response, not learned.
This activity is carried out in the hind brain which controls the "primitive" or "reptillian" reflexes. This area of the brain comprises the medulla, pons, and cerebellum.

Good Call! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

PS. Thanks Ray for posting the link!
Had several hearty chuckles!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Greetings, AU24K, That sounded like an excellent explanation about the 'Unconditioned Response' but you lost me
somewhere along the line but I'll be glad to take your word for it. :laughing9: :coffee2:
Thank you for an interesting reply.

Ray

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S S said:
Greetings, AU24K, That sounded like an excellent explanation about the 'Unconditioned Response' but you lost me
somewhere along the line but I'll be glad to take your word for it. :laughing9: :coffee2:
Thank you for an interesting reply.

Ray

Yes Ray, it is merely the benefit of post secondary education. :read2:

Best,
Scott

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
LOL. I have done this to all three of my children! I still give things to my son to taste test (19 months). Good entertainment! He loves lime juice. And pickle juice.....he even wants that in his sippy cup sometimes(just a little....he might get a tummy ache). He hates garlic. I also have done that to my sisters kids...my nephew loves bbq sauce....niece hates everything. Better than tv!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, hypoman. It is good to get them used to eating all kinds of things while they are little. Our son liked pickles when he was little. Some time before our son was born we had my little 4-year-old nephew for a weekend and as we sat down my wife
dropped 3 olives on his plate just to see if he would eat them. We had had him over about 3 or 4 months before that and
he didn't like the olives. Just as he put the third one in his mouth, he stopped and slapped the side of his head and said,
"Boy! Am I dumb!" So we asked what he was talking about, to which he responded, "I forgot! I don't like these!" He put
so much feeling into it and was so funny that one of us will occasionally bring it up again and get another chuckle.

Thank you for your interesting comment.

Ray

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Ray S S said:
Hello, hypoman. It is good to get them used to eating all kinds of things while they are little. Our son liked pickles when he was little. Some time before our son was born we had my little 4-year-old nephew for a weekend and as we sat down my wife
dropped 3 olives on his plate just to see if he would eat them. We had had him over about 3 or 4 months before that and
he didn't like the olives. Just as he put the third one in his mouth, he stopped and slapped the side of his head and said,
"Boy! Am I dumb!" So we asked what he was talking about, to which he responded, "I forgot! I don't like these!" He put
so much feeling into it and was so funny that one of us will occasionally bring it up again and get another chuckle.

Thank you for your interesting comment.

Ray

Isn't it great the things kids say and do?

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's was funny, I laughed out a few tears. ;D

Fossis............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread