What NOT TO DO To Be Popular On TreasureNet

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
All the "Goodbye" threads. Just leave! Don't post it then hang around to see everybody beg you to stay! If your going to leave T-net for good for what ever reason then just do it. It's like, people who want to kill them self's just do it. People who want attention tell others, "I'm going to kill myself ". Seems like every week now I see a "I'm leaving T-net" Thread.
Give me a break! ::)

Amen!!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rtde3 said:
All the "Goodbye" threads. Just leave! Don't post it then hang around to see everybody beg you to stay! If your going to leave T-net for good for what ever reason then just do it. It's like, people who want to kill them self's just do it. People who want attention tell others, "I'm going to kill myself ". Seems like every week now I see a "I'm leaving T-net" Thread.
Give me a break! ::)

WOW! I can't believe you wrote this Rob. It's okay but it just surprised me coming from you.

Anyway, more or less you're right. I've (as well as many others) done this and then came back but I have explained this in other postings. When I left I really didn't care who missed me. It was nice to come back and find that a few did but that wasn't why I returned or left in the first place. My main reason for leaving was time. I spent far too much time here and had to get away.

However, I eventually realized by leaving I was really only hurting myself. On any forum friends come and friends go. Some who love you one month may hate you the next. Such is life in general.

I've left here maybe 4 times since the beginning of TN. Back in the earlier days one could simply delete ones account immediately and so I did twice and stayed away for 6 months to 1 year. I came back not to see if I were missed because I already knew the answer to that question lol. I came back each time for mostly selfish reasons. I wanted the ID of some find or posted threads (like this one) to study people and the metal detector industry in general. Some of my goofy threads have prompted some pretty interesting info.

I've got maybe 7 or 8 friends here now and that's nice but if I lose them all or gain 50 it's of no consequence to me. I'm mainly here today to learn and when I occasionally find something good (doesn't happen often) I'll have it identified by those persons here who are so good at that.

Well, that's my leaving(s) story. My deal is like I wrote above, a matter of time management mostly. Why exactly the others left only they could say. I'm sure glad sandman came back! Ever notice how much he gives here? And a couple others too who left recently but came back.

My return is highly questionable as to the good of the forum. I do tend to get carried away and at times agitate. But after all, I am the badger ya know ::)

But I do think some people come to sites like this seeking friends. I feel for them greatly! I think anyone who joins any online forum or chat type setup seeking true friends should be prepared for dissapointment. It could happen but unless one is willing to meet people face to face it's not likely. Better join a local treasure cub or church or something and learn to like real people.

TreasureNet is great and most of the people here are great. I'll stick around and learn and maybe even write something good once in a while. But I promise if I ever do leave for really really good I won't say (write) a thing ;)

Badger

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I was staying out of this but.........Badger you just hit the nail on the head for allot of folks. No one could have said that better. The people here are great for the most part 99% at least.

I think most folks here come looking for the information, and end up staying for the friendship. The "SMALL" problem is you have so many people interacting, chatting, ending up friends. You may not hear from some for months, life gets busy. When you do hear from them it brings a smile. That's what friends are all about. With so many common interests and thousands of people.......your bound to make friends. So it may be time from now and then to just say I need to take a break.

And Badger if being honest and sincere is how NOT to be popular ..........we both just broke the rules.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Title your post "Found 16 silver coins! BIG silver too!!!" ...and then in the post say "I'll get photos soon."

2. Ask for an ID on a relic or coin, and have the nerve to post a crappy, blurry, cell phone photo. Cmon! Screw the batteries. Save that clad for a camera!

3. Post photos that are so damn big that you have to have a digital projector to see them.

4. Post photos of all the trash you found. Alright--I think we've all seen trash and pulltabs before. And I don't think that many of us EVER want to see more of it on TNET.

There are my photo pet peeves.

-Buckleboy

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people that complain about stupid things ::)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRRRRRRRRRRR :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My turn....People who think they know everything and don't know nothing. People who think they know everything and tell other people they don't know nothing. People who know nothing pretending to know everything and their posts reflect it.People who use double negatives. People who use the words junk, crap and trash when it is actually junque, crape' and wastetreasure. People who respond to your posted finds with words that start out, "That's nothing , you should see my finds......etc, etc." People who hijack someone else's thread and won't shut up. (guilty)! People who try to be funnier than me. People who are funnier than me. People who post in code....inferring or eluding to something everyone should know, but no one knows what the heck they are talking about. People who pretend to know what they are talking about. People who think they know what they are talking about but won't tell you. People who send you a head scratcher PM that don't make sense and you don't know how to respond, such as....."I agree 100% "........??? I tend to respond to these with something like,"Glad you agree, but not the ones with hairy legs". I can just picture them saying HUH??? Guys who run a good post into the ground...like now, Where's my Sign? M ;) nty

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Monty said:
My turn....People who think they know everything and don't know nothing. People who think they know everything and tell other people they don't know nothing. People who know nothing pretending to know everything and their posts reflect it.People who use double negatives. People who use the words junk, crap and trash when it is actually junque, crape' and wastetreasure. People who respond to your posted finds with words that start out, "That's nothing , you should see my finds......etc, etc." People who hijack someone else's thread and won't shut up. (guilty)! People who try to be funnier than me. People who are funnier than me. People who post in code....inferring or eluding to something everyone should know, but no one knows what the heck they are talking about. People who pretend to know what they are talking about. People who think they know what they are talking about but won't tell you. People who send you a head scratcher PM that don't make sense and you don't know how to respond, such as....."I agree 100% "........??? I tend to respond to these with something like,"Glad you agree, but not the ones with hairy legs". I can just picture them saying HUH??? Guys who run a good post into the ground...like now, Where's my Sign? M ;) nty

aww this post is just a bunch of crape`! :D.............crape` has a nice rind to it doesnt it! ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Monty said:
...............and when did you first start to feel this agression Monty....Go ahead ....let it all out....Now ....Did you have a good relationship with your Mother.....Lets go back to the sandbox....Is this when it first began?....its ok....you are in a safe place here....nothing you say will leave this little white room.....Do you mind if I record this? ....Let me loosen your straps a bit hon....thats right just lie back.....let your mind go back to a happy time ....a happy place.....Do you have a happy place in your mind hon....lets go there....thats right ....just let those happy times embrace you.....Oh I am sorry ,thats all the time we have for today......lets resume ...say Friday at 4....is that good for you?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gypsyheart, that made me feel popular. You know, that warm and fuzzy feeling like the time I......er,...just responding to the most often asked question that you forgot,,,,How does that make you feel? ::) Monty

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals. It really does work and will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

See, you're smiling already.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Your advice has been well received my me Michigan :) I read your post throughly and decided I would present myself as a naive, inexperience, not so very knowledgable on any one subject , blue eyed, charming self ;D instead of the expert and genius digger and hunter that I really am ;D ;D ::) It works !! > your advice , because I have met some of the nicest people in the world ! and I treasure every minute I spend on this TN site :) HH all ;)

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
jglunt said:
Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals. It really does work and will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

See, you're smiling already.

LMAO!!!

I loved it! Thanks for the mental image. I really am smiling now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions