willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
Michigan Badger said:
Never ever repost a very old thread.

Been a lot of THAT going on lately. ::) :tongue3:

Yeah.

It's funny though. You can have a thread that was red hot a couple years back but if it dies it dies. There's usually no bringing it back.

This one was way back when even Jeff still liked me. ;D

But you have to admit---the advice here is dead-on. Too bad I don't follow my own suggestions. ;D :thumbsup:

Maybe someday I'll bring back that old classic "I saw a wheel in the sky." :icon_jokercolor:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SWR said:
Putting the 'offender' who keeps bumping up these long forgotten posts with three or four words on ignore does not help :(

I know what you mean. Just recently I discovered Marc has not ignore selection for myself.

Crap, that wouldn't work anyway. Within 24 hours I'd give in and unblock myself. :tongue3:

Life sure is a struggle.

By the way, whatever happened to FreeToDetect? Those were the days of a very unique kind of weirdness.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Michigan Badger said:

Define very old w/o your DOB please!

geez, there goes my chance at becoming homecoming queen.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
What NOT TO DO To Be Popular On TreasureNet

Do not fail to send everyone on this forum a coin from the country you live in
and easily obtained coins from neighboring realms.
and something like that.
(Did I get that backwards?)

Grey

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeffro said:
I heard he settled in Montana with his sheep "friend"?

LOL! ;D

Loved it!

I'm glad to see that good twisted humor we all enjoy back in those days is still here. :thumbsup:

Things seem to be getting a bit tooooo serious around here these days.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Lowbatts said:
Michigan Badger said:

Define very old w/o your DOB please!

geez, there goes my chance at becoming homecoming queen.

Well, let me see, very old is always older than any of my threads but newer than those threads I don't really care for except the ones I sometimes like but at others times disregard.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
greydigger said:
What NOT TO DO To Be Popular On TreasureNet

Do not fail to send everyone on this forum a coin from the country you live in
and easily obtained coins from neighboring realms.
and something like that.
(Did I get that backwards?)

Grey

I'm with you! You know, that thing you said.

T

trish76642

failing to respond to people who have asked questions concerning your finds

I hate that worse than anything. That, to me, is almost as bad as me asking my husband something only to be ignored. >:( :violent1:
Just wondering if the same people do that in public when someone is talking to them? Ignore them, or just look at em like their stupid.
(I feel so much better now)

Thank you MB :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
~Trish~ said:
failing to respond to people who have asked questions concerning your finds

I hate that worse than anything. That, to me, is almost as bad as me asking my husband something only to be ignored. >:( :violent1:
Just wondering if the same people do that in public when someone is talking to them? Ignore them, or just look at em like their stupid.
(I feel so much better now)

Thank you MB :thumbsup:

I agree 100%

I think many of us have been guilty of this at one time or another both here on Treasurenet and in public.

The rest of this post isn't directed toward you but it just came to mind while thinking along these lines.

I've been in and out of this forum since the beginning. In the old days we could instantly delete our entire membership on TNet by just clicking a button or two (I did this several times myself).

My account here today was started in 2005 (as I recall).

In just this short time I've made friends, lost some, and gained some back. Most of the time I had no idea why. Probably some comment I made or maybe I didn't reply to them? who knows?

I think too on all forums there is lots of jealousy. Someone else is getting more attention therefore I hate him (or her). I guess we could say we're all children.

I've written this many times before, but, I think some people who have a very disfunctional social life join forums and chat groups hoping to heal the hurt they experience in this nasty old world. If that healing never comes they become very angry. This is where those people come from who seriously start attacking other member's finds and general posts. They're crying out for help but in this world we reap what we sow. It's natural to love those who deliver--not those who pout.

I'm getting old and have wished many times I could go back and redo a lot of things (I'm referring to things long before interent). If I had it to do over I would of been much more cool. I waisted way too much time being bitter about crap that really didn't matter.

During his long life my uncle always used to say: "Laugh, and the whole world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone." That seemed dumb to me as a kid but it's making a whole lot more sense to me today.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving this one the Badger Bump.

Top Member Reactions