Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not from WY But :

http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/index1.htm

(c) The use of any mineral or metal detecting device at a state historic or archeological site is prohibited, except for official use. The use of any mineral or metal detecting device at a state park or recreation area is prohibited without written permission of the Superintendent.

Airports are Paranoid. So is Homeland Security

So Airports are also Out.

Indian Reservations ? My understanding (from word of Mouth & TV) not very Friendly unless
your indian :dontknow: of have something for them :dontknow:

Town Property you will need to see on a case by Case Check

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My main concern was trying to figure what is actually Indian land . There are large towns shown on the Indian land and there are only about 2000 Indians there on about 25k sq mi. There surly must be some Indian T.H.s Maybe a deal could be worked out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
My main concern was trying to figure what is actually Indian land . There are large towns shown on the Indian land and there are only about 2000 Indians there on about 25k sq mi. There surly must be some Indian T.H.s Maybe a deal could be worked out.

Yes I'm sure we have some Treasure Hunters
who are Indian (Native American).
& Very Fine Members !

Not sure if any are connected to the reservations Though.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some Native American members (more or less) but that area he's talkin about is populated by Rez Dogs and they don't really care for you at all, Frankn. Or me, or anybody else, comin in on their land. However, if you can play politics, and the info you have is good, go directly to the tribal government and make friends, on the side. You might swing permission, because greed is prevalent in politics regardless of the culture. I don't know the Shoshones, but I have a lot of southern Arapaho friends. But they don't go up north too much. Good luck, and hope you find it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rginn, I wouldn't mind finding it. It is between $3M and $ 26M value depending on who's story you believe. Personally I think it is $3M and the insurance claim was $26M. It would take an estimated 30 days of searching and a lot of luck to locate it. If I couldn't locate it in 30 days I would quit. that's how I work. I just picked up a 2Box det. which would be required to cover that much territory in 30 days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions