Wikileaks...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm torn by the Wikileaks situation.
On one hand, I'm appalled at the security breaches(During Wartime) that this joker is throwing out (should this be espionage or treason? I know the difference...) and on the other hand, in light of the next round of upcoming leaks mentioning targeting a major (US?) bank, I got to thinking, why not do a Wikileak on every Ebayers worst forced leech, Paypal. I'm sure there are violations of the law these clowns are guilty of, but who has the time or money to look into this? I'm guessing that alot of the money goes to Meg Whitman....
What are your thoughts?

Best,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH! OH! OH! I KNOW! [vigourously waving hand in air overhead]

Get the guy that supposedly hacked TNet to shut down Wikileaks! :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all a bunch of poppycock if you ask me :laughing7:

Seriously, knowing that Moammar Kadafi has a 38 year old blond nurse that he is having an affair with is surely a threat to our security. Maybe she'll keep him busy so he can't plan to take over the world. :laughing9:

All this talk about agents lives in jeopardy is another joke as not one name was released. Any talk about political affairs throughout the world is nothing that isn't talked about by the water cooler either.

Don't even get me started on treason either, that is a 2-way street... :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
Just throwing in my two cents in. I have read some of these "leaks" and it would seem that some of these were being considered "conspiracy theories" before all of this !
So what does that tell ya about all the conspiracy nuts out there ?

Air you callin' me a nut?
I represent that! :laughing7:

Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously

Yawwwwwn !

Media making a big stink out of nothing.

I'm sure if it's illegal, the U.s. knows how to
Fry a web site & Look Innocent.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone able to log into wikileaks?

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
It's all a 'red herring' to keep peoples' attention off of something else going on.

[Gov't Man, waving hand] "Yoo hoo! Look over here!"

[Citizen] "Yes, I can see that hand, but I don't care for where your other one is. Hey, are you trying to get into my wallet?!"

[Gov't Man] "Mmmmaybe...!"

:D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathabs said:
anyone able to log into wikileaks?

According to news last night it moved
back to it's original Server.

I Personally havn't even tried to find it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
I got to thinking, why not do a Wikileak on every Ebayers worst forced leech, Paypal. I'm sure there are violations of the law these clowns are guilty of, but who has the time or money to look into this? I'm guessing that alot of the money goes to Meg Whitman....
What are your thoughts?

Best,
Scott

Not sure why this should be an issue for anyone. Either a person does a lot of business and without Paypal it would greatly slow things down, or they do a smaller amount through PP so it's not much money and not a big deal. You ask any serious online seller and they will tell you the cost of doing business is well worth being able to do more business. Money orders aren't free and now there's a lot of fraud, and bank transfers certainly aren't free, at least for any I have done. Whether it's buying or selling that's just the way it is, and not bad once you accept the fact everything these days seems to cost you money.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think the guy was wrong, but at the same time I think he did everyone a service! Why must everything in government be carried on in secrecy??? Aren't the people suppose to know what is going on? How could all of those document be secret? The information gave me a new incite on the world situation. I didn't know that Saudi Arabia was with us on stopping the Iranian Atomic movement. This changed my opinion of them. I also see that the president is incapable of making a decision on the matter, what else is new! This is like knowing the goat is not the only one that knows what is up ahead!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting scenario...

If you believe everything Wikileaks has released, as most people seem to do, what happens if hackers get in the site and start changing information? (or Wikileaks does it them self?) With 250,000 documents it would be easier to do than an earmark getting slipped in a large spending bill. So if you want the danger in information being released that is one reason it could be big trouble should it continue.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I Think everything
short of their Bathroom Habits

Governments & Governmennt officials Do
should be an Open book
to Everyone who wants to know.

Personally I'v got my own Life to worry about & Don't
care about Theirs.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
of course the Saudis ( sunni sect islam) are against the Iranians ( shia sect Islam) having the A bomb --- the two sects have fought for years as to who will be the "boss" of Islam --much the way -- the early catholic church had "roman catholic vs byzantine catholic " as to who would "lead" the christains .

this sect infighting has held back the muslims some what --if they stop fighting --and unite or if the Shias over powers the Sunnis --we are in for a vey hard time --sunnis do not love the west but will deal with them ( ala --saudi arabia) --while Shias (Iranians) are more hardcore * screw the west (USA) is their veiw shut off the oil and other bussiness dealings ( the 3 major buyers of Irans oil is CHINA * along with India , then Japan )

if the Shia take control of the middle east --and shut down oil supply to the USA the economic results of that would be quite profound * and when gas went to $20 a gallon, I bet that would get your attention -- for the what does it matter to me about whats going on over there folks---what happens else where in the world DOES matter here --its like throwing a rock into a pond -- the ripples go outward everywhere --they do not stay put in just one spot.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wikileaks has the opportunity to expose government waste, fraud and abuse.
This could save billions of dollars to the taxpayers and make the dude a national hero. Instead, he wants to cripple our ability to protect ourselves against the nut job terrorists and cause a deterioration of relations with our allies.

Just what are his ulterior motives?

Scott

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read yesterday that if Assange was to be arrested, he would release over 450,000 encrypted documents. The encrypted have already been sent pout without the "key", and that would be provided if he was arrested. His next big expose was to be on all of the US banks. Amazing how this one guy gets his hands on everything, he surely is the "go to" guy

I just wonder if he's not in the running for "Times" Man of The Year :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think you are right about the man of the year award. The hacker group that is against sensorship of the internet is backing him. His Webb site has been duplicated 300 times so the Gov. can't shut it down. Mastercard cut off his doners so the hackers shut down Mastercard's server. Australia is supporting him and supplying legal council. I think the guy did some good if he can help to get rid of some of the secrecy in government. This is suppose to be an open and free country. I never did like shadow government.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread