A Different Christmas poem, And A Correction According to Snopes

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings folks, I just received this in an email this morning and it is so good that I have to share it right away.
It is a different Christmas poem, written by LCDR, Jeff Giles, SC, USN. It will really grip you and is another one
of those that can start a waterfall, but,,,

THIS IS ONE YOU HAVE TO READ

(There is background music if you have your sound on)

Thanks to Jacob Ingledew who posted a correction from snopes. The author's name, as shown, is wrong.

Internet circulated copies of 'A Different Christmas Poem' are often attributed to a Lt. Commander Jeff Giles,
but The international War Veterans Poetry Archive lists this poem as a December 2000 effort by Michael Marks
and includes the following note from him about its origins:

A Soldier's Christmas was the first in this series of patriotic writings, drafted on Pearl Harbor Day 2000 when,
in the wake of the 2000 Presidential Election our nation saw the right of US Armed Forces personnel openly
questioned and debated. I felt it unconscionable that at the onset of the Christmas season, those serving
to defend our nation would hear anything but our love and support. It is our challenge to stand for their
rights at home while they stand for our lives and safety overseas. This poem went out and quickly spread
around the world, in emails, letters,and amagaxines. I received letters from Marines in Bosnia, soldiers in
Okinawa, from a submariner who xeroxed a copy for everyone on his sub, Mom wrote, Dads, brothers and
sisters. I have saved and cherish every letter and set out to continue writing throughout the year

Enjoy.

Ray

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Marvelous Christmas poem, by A Navy Man

Thanks for sharing Ray. :thumbsup:

Fossis.............

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Re: A Marvelous Christmas poem, by A Navy Man --A correction according to snopes

Thank you Jacob Ingledew for posting the snopes article. I went up and corrected it.

Have a good day.

Ray

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: Thank you :icon_thumleft: Chug and Red

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
you are welcome Chug and Red I'm glad you liked it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread