The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So now we know it was attached to a tree, if the article is assumed to be correct. How did the tree move? It could be a different zoom level if it has that capability, or, with all the image changing/copying/editing going on, it just appears to move due to someone's manipulation.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it's Schlitzie. ;D

freakscrawl-copy.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
jeff of pa said:
Forgot to Edit tree so it comes down Behind him ? :D

Also dates Different ?

sorry Jeff that is not a doe tail. That belongs to something else...Maybe a tree limb further back. Does don't work like that.

Well I Don't think it's a Gas Nozzle :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here some of the indian tribes an others some have seen an believe in Deer woman an Horse man ! :dontknow:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son came home from school this weekend and he had the same picture on his camera to,he downloaded it off the web. :dontknow:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somthing doesnt add up. My trail camara will pick up movement way before the animal gets directly in front of it. So there should be other pics of the creature. Unless it had taken a pic of something else and was in its timeout mode before snapping then next pic. Kinda freaky looking picture no doubt. I do think eventually a trail camara will catch a picture of something we thought didnt exist or was extinct, etc.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tee. :hello: Mine is set at auto. If a deer walks in it will pick it up and get a shot of its head and neck. From then on it snaps a series of 9 pics, 8 seconds apart. We dont have alot of deer up here like you do, so one set of batteries will last all season for me. I did have it act wierd when I first started using it. I knew the deer were there but no pics. Turned out I had it facing due east and the morning sun was blinding it, therefore no pics. Take care.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, got it set on a 9 picture burst. You had more pics in 3 days then I had all season. I set mine out mid October and the batteries finaly went dead in the first week of December. Not sure exactly how many pics I had. Somewhere around 6 or 7 hundred. Mostly all the same deer. I think its the cold weather that drains the batteries more so then the amount of pictures I had. Take care Tee.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you mention that Tee. The couple of spike's that I got on my camara were fine. But I have a decent 8 point on my camara with only one horn. So I guess he's a 4 point. And a buddy of mine had a real nice 8 point on his camara, one side is great stands up like it should. The other side is bent right down in front of his eyes.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
tee --a injury on a deer around the time its horns set up --will often cause abnormal antler growth in deers -- often the side thats been injuried will "draw " nutration to repair itself -- making for odd horns on that side of the body

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes Elf said:
:icon_scratch: check out the foot...the pose seems very natural and the lighting is perfect...so it was there, but is it real?

One other thing...why is it looking at the camera? Most animals, who have quick reflexes, get caught unawares by the flash...why not this guy? (although he looks a little surprised and po'd at the same time)

Thanks for the enhancement. Its very clearly Homer Simpson.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
ivan salis said:
tee --a injury on a deer around the time its horns set up --will often cause abnormal antler growth in deers -- often the side thats been injuried will "draw " nutration to repair itself -- making for odd horns on that side of the body

you beat me...LOL

Read an article recently (a recent Field & Stream or Outdoor Life?) about training dogs to sniff out shead antlers. Something you might want to try Tee........."you never know what might be lurking around out of sight in those woods!"

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you guys had pointed this out...but what's with the shadow? The only way the camera could produce this shadow is if the flash was quite a few inches away from the lens...in that case the shadow is the "thing's" shadow. Otherwise, it might be a clue, maybe.

Attachments

• shadow_1.jpg
    shadow_1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,423
  • shadow_2.jpg
    shadow_2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 833
  • alien_a.JPG
    alien_a.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,190

qb16dad

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
Van Alstyne, Texas
ivan salis said:
I do not mean to disagree with you but usually the side that is injured will cause the opposite side of the antlers to be crazy.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sorry backwards -- but meant injuries cause issues with horns --that was my drift

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Saw this again today and noticed the mouth area doesn't look right either. It's shifted a bit, the spacing between the jaw and mouth and the cheeks and mouth is different from one side to the other, and why the open mouth? Also, why the huge shoulder muscles when the rest of the muscles are nearly non-existent. The mouth...I don't think I know of any land creatures that roam around with their mouths wide open. Also, the eyes are reflecting all the way around. Eyes reflecting light will do so in the iris area, not the white, so either this has irises that go all the way to the edges of the eye orbits, or someone didn't think of that fact when the photo-shopped this. It doesn't appear to have any kind of eye lids or anything that makes the eyes look elliptical either.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, we use game cameras too, and see deer very often in pics and on the road at night, but even with their huge irises, their eyes do not light up all the way from edge to edge. Only the iris. I don't have a problem with how bright the reflection is... they can reflect very brightly I know, but it's the percentage of the eye that is reflecting that doesn't seem right, unless it's flare in the camera from the bright reflection (assuming this is a genuine picture).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread