Game Camera Picture Whatzit??

OP
OP
S

Smee

cheese said:
Yeah, we use game cameras too, and see deer very often in pics and on the road at night, but even with their huge irises, their eyes do not light up all the way from edge to edge. Only the iris. I don't have a problem with how bright the reflection is... they can reflect very brightly I know, but it's the percentage of the eye that is reflecting that doesn't seem right, unless it's flare in the camera from the bright reflection (assuming this is a genuine picture).

Very well could be flare . . . if you saw some of the pics I tried to clean up for one of my webdesign customers you would believe it was possible.

http://www.qliteradio.com/images/2010_fsb_coh/album.swf

Click on the last picture on the right on the bottom.

That pic isn't the worst, but is a good example that even with decent lighting flash can really get the eyes glowing

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw lots of little "Red Eyed" dears in those pics............NGE

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I see the girl in the pic, and it demonstrates exactly what I'm saying. Only the girl's iris lights up, not the entire eye. Same for deer, except that deer have much larger irises which makes their reflection even bigger, yet still not from edge to edge. Not trying to argue or anything, just stating a fact. It is fact, not opinion, that the iris is all that reflects light like that.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
In all those, I still see the light reflecting off the macula in the back of the eye and exiting the iris only. Animals have larger irises in general than humans, so naturally the reflected area is larger as demonstrated in your vids, however, look again closely and you will see a dark ring around the reflection in these pics. This is also seen in the deer pics on the same trail cam that took the spooky pic even though it's blurry. This is the rest of the eye that is not reflecting. This doesn't exist in the spooky pic. To compound matters, this creature is a humanoid, so I would expect the eyes to be more human-like than animal-like, meaning smaller irises in relation to the rest of the eye, resulting in smaller reflections. It's something the photo-shopper didn't consider or probably wasn't even aware of.

The only way the entire eye can appear to be reflecting is if the camera focus or the light refraction in the lens of the camera makes it appear as such, or there is a creature out there with irises larger than the exposed diameter of its' eyes.

Something else I noticed is the lack of genitalia. If the rest of the creature is modeled after a human, why not that too? If not in the proper spot, then where is it? It could be argued that it's female and it can't be seen well....right? But then, where is the breast tissue? Male humans have more breast tissue than this thing has. Also, no hair. How many natural land mammals on earth have no hair? Unlikely. Also, it is crawling on hands and knees. It's humanoid, it should be upright. Even if it never learned to walk upright, creatures that walk on all 4 don't walk on their knees. They walk on all 4 feet. Even monkeys and apes who can walk upright or on all fours walk on their hands and feet when doing so. It is bare, exposed, thin, uninsulated, crawling on all 4 even though it doesn't have anatomy of a crawling creature, hairless, open-mouthed, strange-eyed, dis-proportioned, etc... Plenty of strikes against it, not likely to be real in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions