The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That might be kind of dangerous if you've got flame and no air. I'd probably leave it off and call an AC/Furnace guy. It could be a module or a short, but I'm no expert.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old is your furnace warsawdaddy...
If it is an older unit it will have snap-switches or click-ons as they are sometimes called,they are basically a little 1" give or take roundish switch that is operated by expanding or contracting with heat...
There are usually 3 of them,I am guessing one of them has failed,they will have a 2 wire terminals on them...ummm tell you what....is there a wiring diagram on the furnace,if so take a pic and post it here...will tell you which one to check and a fix for it....

Scott

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the Best advice that may help, Clean out the air filter or replace it if that doesn't help call some to look at It!!! Chug clogged air filters are the number on cause of heaters not operating correctly!!!

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
unhook the thermostat wires at the furnace. Does it still run? It shouldn't.
I fixed one a few years ago where someone drove a nail into the baseboard below the thermostat and it hit the wire, so the furnace was always calling for heat.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Furnace Circuit.jpg

Found an old wiring diagram today (redrawn above ;D)
Judging from your described symptom,I would say the fan snap switch is bad,or better put going bad....
If it was either of the other two the Gas valve would shut off...Checking the filter is not bad advice,but is not your problem,in that instance (filter clogged) fan would run constantly,not on for a couple minutes then shut off,then back on.... :thumbsup:
Hope your relative got her going for you today..if you need anymore help give me a shout....
Scott

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Call Daddy. He'll help you. 'Course, you may have to haul it down to Galena! :laughing7: :D

Seriously, call a heating/air person and make Lance part with some of his hard-earned $$$ !! It's going to be 18 down here tonight; can't imagine how much below zero you will be, especially with a chill factor. - Noodle

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Well,it's a cracked heat exchanger(burner).Furnace is old.They said it would cost as much to repair as a new one.All the furnace guys are busy right now so have to wait my turn.
Thanks to Scott and all others for great input,meanwhile,I'm trying to keep bundled up.4 below night before last but last night it only got down to 21,of course the damn space heater quit also,guess I'll head for Wally World(really hate that place).

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow,wouldnt have guessed that ;D
Long distance troubleshooting :laughing7:
Glad you got it figured out..
Keep Warm :icon_sunny:
Soup

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to suggest a cracked or broken plenum.
Good luck and stay warm.

Best,
Scott

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
If you haven't already replaced the space heater buy and oil filled radiator. They are much safer and once they get hot give off good steady heat.

Sorry bout the furnace WD

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We have 2 oil-filled heaters, and they are wonderful. Not as good for quick heat as our wood-burner pot belly gal, but once they're up and going, they're great. You warm yet?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Sorry to hear about your forced indoor survival living at those zero temps. Cut down on the heating area where you sleep.
Build one of those indoor tents we all built for our kids, especially with a low roof, turn on that heater & crawl in there.
I hope your turn on that list comes up fast & you get the furnace up & running soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions