Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most kids continue to be good examples

In the news:

Teens Find and Return $7,700 to Widow

A group of teens walking down the road found a woman's purse containing more than $7,000 in cash. They decided to return the money to the owner and it turned out to be $7,000 intended to pay for a memorial for her late husband. The group of eight Kansas teens were honored by police officials and given rewards of $150 each, along with letters praising their honesty.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Most kids continue to be good examples

I find that the majority of kids I'm around really are good, 4-H. We hear a lot more about the bad ones. They're kids; and there's not much I've seen them do that my generation didn't pull in some form or other when we were young. I do feel sorry for the kids today, because you have to do something to show you're counter to the older generation and shock them, and the lengths they have to go to. All I had to do was let my hair touch my ears, and I was a rebel. And believe me, we may not think it but kids do pay attention to and evaluate the examples older folks set for them.

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

Agreed RGINN, it is nice to read about the good things kids do. Thanks for posting this Mike. :thumbsup:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Mike, that is a great news item. I love to hear of good things that young people do. So much of what you
hear is just the opposite. I'm glad they were rewarded some for showing such honesty, as it is money they
can enjoy spending with a clear conscience knowing it is theirs.
Thanks for sharing.
Your friend,
Ray

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

very cool of those kids! happy to hear the lady got her memorial money back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread