Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
FCC new 'rules' for the internet

This important information just in from The Heritage Foundation:

Heritage Work of Note

The Federal Communications Commission approved a set of rules today, Tuesday, December 21, 2010 that will impose unprecedented regulations on the Internet—without informing the public about its plans in advance. Despite court rulings that these regulations are beyond the FCC's jurisdiction, the body moved ahead with its so-called "net neutrality" rules in any case. "It’s not uncommon for a regulatory agency to seek to expand its authority by stealth,” Heritage’s Diane Kat writes on the Foundry. “Indeed, that appears to be an operating principle of the Obama Administration. Yet from his first day as commission chairman, [Julius] Genachowski pledged to ensure that the FCC would be 'fair, open, and transparent' while encouraging the public to visit the FCC Web site and 'contribute to the process.' That’s impossible to do when the chairman won’t release details about his plan for the most far-reaching government intrusion in Internet history. Nor can citizens participate in the process when the agency Web site is shut down in the days before the commission takes action."

===================================================

Folks,

You may not have been following the FCC's actions but what they did today was to enact, by fiat, the most draconian rules to ever come to the Internet and further extends the tentacles of governments reach deeper in to the privacy of our lives. Stealth is not the word I would use for their clandestine actions. I would use the word corrupt and not bat an eye. "Net Neutrality" is government speak for censorship. Get ready, we have just been sabotaged.

I hope you will take some time and write your Senators and Representatives in Congress. Please tell them how you feel about the actions of the FCC and to immediately investigate the FCC and have the new rules thrown out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread