Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
The world's most popular doll, Barbie doll, was based on a German "Hooker doll" Lillie. All I can say is that Barbie went a long way from hooker to anything she wanted to be in the past 45 years. :P

I now wonder if the main accessory for the original Lillie doll was a lamp post :dontknow:
Maybe a phone booth, dual purpose??? Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You very well may have a point there diggummup, that may have will been another accessory.

Here's a little something that not too many people know either. The first Ken dolls left side of the face was redder than the right. That may have been to Ken's saying "Merry Christmas Barbie, Ho, ho, ho" :laughing7:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
In 1977 the first openly gay , "Gay Bob" doll was created . One reader wrote to Ann Landers saying this would lead to other dolls being created like "Priscilla the prostitute" and " Danny the dope dealer" . I'm not kidding this is true check it out on Wilkipedia .

Wayne P

Mar 28, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Blisstool and Fisher F 75 SE
Maybe Kens right side of face was smacked by Barbie when he mentioned she was a hooker or didn't offer enough cash???

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember something like that dirt doctor, but everyone should also remember the "Ghetto Patch Kids" and I think they still sell those too. Remember, if it's offensive, people will buy it as a collectible :tongue3:

I will be launching my full line of offensive 3rd world babies next year.. Mo money, mo money :headbang:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne P said:
Maybe Kens right side of face was smacked by Barbie when he mentioned she was a hooker or didn't offer enough cash???

Wonder if it was a little of both? Ken asked her if she was a hooker on christmas day, she slapped him, walked away saying Ha Ha Ha ::) Or Ken spent too much time driving around looking for hooker Barbie & got a truckers sun tan

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny that implants were mentioned. Mattel tackled that issue in the 70's, one Barbie had breasts that would retract and pop out again with the simple twist of her left arm. We must, we must, we must build up her bust :laughing7: I guess it was Mattel's magic doll, now you seem em, now you don't. :tongue3:

P.S. GI Joe is not in the same league as Barbie, not even close. You would never see Barbie throw herself on a firecracker to save other dolls, but GI Joe did that time and time again. A true action figure hero in my book :icon_thumleft:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
It's funny that implants were mentioned. Mattel tackled that issue in the 70's, one Barbie had breasts that would retract and pop out again with the simple twist of her left arm. We must, we must, we must build up her bust :laughing7: I guess it was Mattel's magic doll, now you seem em, now you don't. :tongue3:

Now you got me wondering what happens when you twist Kens left arm :icon_scratch:
Comone, you just knew someone was gonna say it ::) ::) ::) And 18.6% knew it was gonna be The Boogeyman dincha?

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:

P.S. GI Joe is not in the same league as Barbie, not even close. You would never see Barbie throw herself on a firecracker to save other dolls, but GI Joe did that time and time again. A true action figure hero in my book :icon_thumleft:
yes thats why :-X

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is from the "Barbie Star Wars Collection" Ba Jabba The Hud :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zephyr, thanks for that link. I decided to google 3rd world dolls and there are none, so my new line will be a smashing hit. As I mentioned earlier, these dolls will be offense, but there is a huge market for that.
One doll comes complete with flies buzzing over her head. That is just a small sample of my warped genius :tongue3:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago a friend of mines daughters use to play with ken and barbie. Their ken doll came from a yard sale but he didnt come with any clothes.So they use to dress ken up in barbies clothes. I was always saying to my friend maybe we should market a transvestite ken doll . :laughing9:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
Years ago a friend of mines daughters use to play with ken and barbie. Their ken doll came from a yard sale but he didnt come with any clothes.So they use to dress ken up in barbies clothes. I was always saying to my friend maybe we should market a transvestite ken doll . :laughing9:

I always thought that Ken had a strange twinkle in his eyes :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread