Heritage Auction Coin Galleries a good place to buy coins?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
It's getting harder and harder to make time to go to coin shows now. I used to go to them, but with school, work and family stuff I do not have the time anymore. Is heritage auction galleries a good website to purchase coins from? I am starting to get better graded coins that are more expensive and don't know whether coin shops would carry the coins I want. Whenever I go in there for sheets and coin holders, they don't seem to have a very wide selection.

Any thoughts on Heritage Auction Coin Galleries would be helpful.

If you have used this service, what did you think about it? Was the coin fake or real? How was the overall experience. Thanks for taking the time to respond to a beginner collector who is getting away from the cheap coins and going into the more expensive ones.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way.... Ebay, but buy the seller first, then the coin. If you know coins, and have enough money to spend to consider Heritage Galleries, you will not have any problem with Ebay. For anyone who thinks Ebay is a bad place to buy coins I can guarantee 1000% that has much more to do with them than the site.

PS... There's probably a good % of coins being purchased off Ebay that make their way to those big auction houses. Then you usually pay higher, plus a buyers premium. Ebay cuts out the middleman.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
amazon.com and one not known about by many is propertyroom.com.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
one seller on ebay i would watch and bid always started his coins for 99cents and if they didnt go up to where he wanted he would cancel the auctions even if they had bids on them so BEWARE

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
handy said:
one seller on ebay i would watch and bid always started his coins for 99cents and if they didnt go up to where he wanted he would cancel the auctions even if they had bids on them so BEWARE

Even if that happens there is no risk to a buyer, and it's better than him shill bidding it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name "Heritage Auction" says
"Over Priced" to me.

If you don't care if it takes 1000 Years to Break even
on what you pay, Go for it