Most scared youve ever been?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats the most scared you've ever been? One time me and some friends were camping pretty far in some woods no one uses, it was like 1 o'clock and we were getting ready to go to sleep when we hear footsteps going through the woods near the tent. We thought it was an animal or something untill we saw the silhouet of a person on the tent wall :o We nearly pissed ourselves we were so spooked. We had no fire or anything that would attract a person out that far...

When I drowned.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd have to say the time I was hunting, when I heard footsteps beside my blind. Many, many footsteps, only a few feet away. I strained so hard to hear what is was, because it was still dark out. All of a sudden, this earsplitting howl broke the silence, followed by yips, barks and more howls. I hit that floor faster than I coulda shot em' lol! That scared the ever livin' crap outta me!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
when me and my dad were racing down the drive way on four Wheelers and he turned right in front of me. i T-boned him. he lived just some bruises from head to toe. i really thought i done killed him

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd have to say the time I was hunting, when I heard footsteps beside my blind. Many, many footsteps, only a few feet away. I strained so hard to hear what is was, because it was still dark out. All of a sudden, this earsplitting howl broke the silence, followed by yips, barks and more howls. I hit that floor faster than I coulda shot em' lol! That scared the ever livin' crap outta me!

that would scare the crap out of me too

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i knew he was okay.when he came up swearing words that i have never heard

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not sure which was scarrier . . . so will just mention both:

Riding home after shooting pics at a Zebra performance (Led Zepplin cover band, New Orleans, LA 1970's). 4 lane highway with a deep canal on the side where I was riding. All of a sudden, I see an Armadillo run out in front of me. Figure I'll just swerve behind him and it'll all be good. Nope. When I straightened up, he was running right at the headlight.

Rolling down the highway after going over the handlebars and fairing, watching that big chunk of Japanese metal rolling beside me in the left lane was pretty scarry. They said we both rolled about 300 feet, but I don't think it was. Bike only lost a turn signal lens. Camera and such was in saddle bag and undamaged after the accident.

I didn't fair so well especially since someone stole my leathers that day. Really chewed up my hands and arms. Still walk with a limp when the weather is getting ready to change.

The other time?

Going under the knife for open heart surgery after a heart attack. First time I'd ever been cut on.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I'v had alot of things Happen that when I look Back,
I supposed I should have been Scared,
Falling Through Ice on a Dam
Crossing a RR Track & seeing a Train Barreling at me.
Threatened with a Gun (Well not Threatened) Everyone who was Watching said I should Have been Scared, But I just Laughed at him.
Seeing Someone or Something Stalking me & a Girlfriend in the woods in the Dark (This one Unnerved Us) But when I think Back,
I guess a Little Scared. We Hopped in my Car & split :P before even uttering a word what we saw. or Thought we saw.

The only True Fear I remember is from recurring Nightmares,
of 3 white Beings. Usually when I initially wake up (Probably still
half asleep) I feel real fear.
it's strange because My lights wont work, till I'm fully awake.
once I get a Light on the fear subsides & I start thinking "That was Cool"
I'v had this dream in one form or another since I was a Child (late 50's Early 60's ?).
went away in the 70's came back in the Mid 80's.
(and NO, I Don't think Grays :D
just Coincidental Nightmares)

Altho I do remember Waking up for school one morning in the early 60's & Swearing there was something stuck way up my nose.
or maby I just liked Sticking my finger there back then :P

I do believe the Implant Belief is a "Birth Memory" in everyone,
from the Moment the Doctor Shoves that Syringe in the Baby's nose
to Open it.

Hey if anyone has anything to say about it for having your finger up your nose, I always just tell them heck I was just scratching my brain! The polite thing to do then is to offer to let them use their finger! ;)

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March 1970.... took 14 rounds of 51 Cal. through the fuselage of a AC-130.At 3,000 ft. w/in eyesight of my base. After that we had many >>>:occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reading through all these responses, I guess I can count my blessings in that I’ve never been robbed at gunpoint, shot, or anything truly threatening....
But this one time.....
When I was 15 or so, we were playing homerun derby at a ball field along a beach park. Ran out of baseballs cuz I kept hitting them out into the water. Since I was the one who jacked them out, I got voluntold to retrieve the balls so we could keep playing. I got all of them easily, except the last one was out a bit further. I swam out maybe 50 feet, got the ball, went to swim back in, and suddenly I was like 100 feet away from shore.... the current was pulling me out!
Tried like hell to swim back in, but was getting tired, and it felt like I was swimming in place. After about a few minutes panic started to set in, flailing my arms and yelling for help.... it was getting pretty serious. I recall being very scared, thinking I was going to drown, with a baseball in my hand.
Adjacent to me was a guy windsurfing, makes his way over to me, just as I feel like I’m about to go under....grabs my arm, and says to me “stand up”.
Turns out I was in water that was only chest-deep, and was able to walk to shore with my baseball.
But the point of this thread is “Most scared you’ve ever been”, not, “How much have your friends ever laughed at you”.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years back, hubby, the kids & i are out on a Sunday drive. Police cars start zooming around, pass us going in the same direction.
A few minutes later we heard sirens, look down the road, to see a pick up truck barreling in our direction weaving from side to side with police in pursuit.
The next few minutes seem to happen in slow motion.

Hubby jerks the van off the road and right up next to a stone wall, as we watch the pick up coming at us suddenly veer to the left. As it passes us, i can see it in the side mirror as it slides up onto the stone wall on the opposite side of the road and goes airborne, hitting the electric pole half way up, flipping backwards onto it's roof facing the direction it had just came from.

Police are there in seconds.
They couldn't figure out why the truck was facing the opposite direction, till we told them.
Truck was stolen, the thief paid with his life.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread