spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago; ahem, make that decades ago, I remember seeing a story on "One Step Beyond". This story was about a man who by adding a "pill' to water was able to turn into petrol. Once word started to spread, he was contacted by major oil companies for a meeting, he never showed up for this meeting, and was never seen again. I have always wondered was this alchemy gone awry, or just a fluke :icon_scratch: Sadly, we'll never know the whole story behind this, or if he was really on to something. It was long speculated the oil companies were somehow involved in his disappearance.

Now if you think this is a joke, it's not.... We could have used this mans resources today to get us out of a bind for certain. If you think this isn't possible, then maybe you would also like to explain the story of Ed Leedskalnin and his Coral Castle in Homestead, FL... Now I can't prove either story, but at least in Ed's case he left some major evidence behind in his amazing engineering feat. A feat that can't even be explained through today. :icon_thumleft:

You should also keep in mind that just over a century man never thought he would be able to fly, now look at us. Yes we did have hot air balloons as far back as 1783, so if you want, add just over another century to the equation. Perhaps there is nothing man cannot achieve once he sets to sights to achieving it.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it is the same man or same story, but I remember reading decades ago about a pill that would change water into gasoline. The man drained a cars gas tank, filled the tank with water, dropped the pill in and drove several times around an area in D.C.. Seems like someone said he disappeared., but it was so long ago I can't remember if they said he drove out of sight and the engine seized or if I am confusing that with another story. However, since water and gas won't mix, I would tend to believe that is was some type of alcohol based fuel.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man had 2 gas tanks on the car(s) he used
for his scam.

He drained the one tank, Filled it with water,
Dropped the pill in & Well, ....
Suckered alot of People :tongue3:

Sorry

This one has been Debunked years ago

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, I have also heard of the 2 tank story, but I am still not certain it pertained to the One Step Beyond story. Could very will be one in the same story for sure.

I don't know if you looked up the Coral Castle, but it does make interesting reading. This was also featured on one of the shows on the history station. They kept pointing out there was a little mysterious black box in each of the pictures where these mammoth stones were being set. Since Ed left no details on how he accomplished such feats, scientists were wondering if that box produced a magnetic field.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
History has references concerning the use of sound to levitate and place stones...maybe he figured it out.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
hey i know CORAL CASTLE pretty trippy place . the guy was only medium height and the stuff he moved was like things the kings did with 10,000 workers i spun the door ??

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Medium height??? He was barely 5' 1" :laughing7: Truly an interesting person who took his secrets with him to the grave.

Beep, that story is on Ancient Aliens tonight, on the history station :laughing7:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
from what i know is his young wife passed and what he did was ??makes me think that he made some sort of deal w/ a higher power

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KEYSHUNTER said:
brad melzers gold hunt is on,do not see any thing about the small guy

Ed's story was on Ancient Aliens last week, tonight show had a segment on the power of sound and that's what I was referring to with Beep.

Ed wasn't married, that is why he left Latvia, his woman dumped him.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Somebody used to have closeup pics of the Coral Castle rocks on the 'net. There were bottles and nails embedded in some of them (supposedly from when parts of the rocks melted), puddling on some surfaces (again, explained by melting), and impressions of automobile leaf springs along other edges. Similar to what something would look like if, say, it were made out of concrete and formed in a mold (the leaf springs would be used to help knock the mold form off.) Wouldn't surprise me a bit if some of those multi-ton monsters of blocks were hollow. (What's the easiest way for a 100-lb man to move a huge rock? Break it into smaller rocks!) This method still wouldn't diminish his achievement though....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gasoline pill is just as valid as STP gas treatment. However the Coral Castle story was pretty cool. It was my understanding he built it to impress a girl. She never married him and never saw it.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of you are so right, Ed's story is truly amazing in its own right and I should have posted it on its own merit. I had just added that story to show that you never know what man can really achieve until he does so. :icon_thumleft:

As for the molten rock, that has been a thought raised by several especially regarding some of the structures found in Peru. The stones were so perfect in size that a piece of paper can't get between them. It is believed that the ancients may have found a way to smelt rock and later mold it to size. Just as Ed may have stumbled upon an ancient secret, other secrets may be lost for eternity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread