lost and found. the Ted Williams story!

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In watching the Today show this morning i witnessed something truly amazing. A man who only days earlier had been homeless (and for a long time at that) was now on the national news spotlight. Yesterday i knew nothing about Ted Williams, today i can't get enough. It's his voice that garners most of the attention but in watching the today show i find that there's something more compelling. He is so genuine and honest in all that he talked about (from the love for his kids and his grandkids and even his ex-wife, to proudly serving his country). He was very honest and open about his past problems and overcoming them. No matter what kind of hell he went through with drugs and alcohol in the past, he's put it behind him. The man showed me he has a big heart to go along with his "golden voice". Thanks to the power of the internet, he's went from nobody to overnight sensation. As much as i'd like to think it's all about his voice, it's not. It's about a man who went from somewhere to nowhere back to somewhere again. A real life story of "lost and found"....

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost posted that yesterday. Here's the video.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
It is a wonderful story. Addictions ruin so many lives. I hope he makes it this time.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
This is a very touching story and each time I read or see something about it I get a little teery eyed.

I am very happy for this man!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Everybody deserves a second, third, or even a fourth chance. Media has tried its best to slam him down in some respects. I hope he keeps it all in perspective and keeps excelling. He's trying, has some good opportunities available to him, and hope he keeps on the right path. Go, Ted, I'm pulling for you!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle said:
Everybody deserves a second, third, or even a fourth chance.

Well that certainly depends on the circumstances. Some people didn't deserve a first chance... think Tucson.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy should have shut his yap except for anything that was going to pay him... so I hope Dr. Phil wrote him a big check. (for Ted's sake) The reason being is I find him a less likable character, and one that seems likely to fall back into addiction (maybe never left it) the way he goes on and on and on. It's like he really doesn't get it! Now he's brought his family into the spot light and looks like the real story is starting to come out, and as if Dr. Phil really cares! LOL It's all about grabbing the big ratings. These three shows I think will kill Ted's 15 minutes about 10 minutes early.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Iron Patch said:
That guy should have shut his yap except for anything that was going to pay him... so I hope Dr. Phil wrote him a big check. (for Ted's sake) The reason being is I find him a less likable character, and one that seems likely to fall back into addiction (maybe never left it) the way he goes on and on and on. It's like he really doesn't get it! Now he's brought his family into the spot light and looks like the real story is starting to come out, and as if Dr. Phil really cares! LOL It's all about grabbing the big ratings. These three shows I think will kill Ted's 15 minutes about 10 minutes early.

I see much sadness and fear in his eyes.

I think part of that might be that he is living a lie. If he is, then I guess the Dr. Phil show might help him in the long run because without kicking his habits he is done. Money will just put him in the ground sooner.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if one is badly addicted to drugs or drinking being broke often "limits" the amount of damage they can no to themselves at one time -- (lack of funds limits the amount of booze or drugs they can get or use ) -- in some cases -- a sudden burst of money can be fatal --since they go on a "binge" --using massive amounts of drugs or booze and wind up ODing

while some folks can not handle failure ( and thus kill themselves tapidly )-- addicts often kill themselves very slowly over time -- however when a addict has "success" and becomes flush with money the results can often be a sudden and tragic death.

as i oft say --some folks can't handle failure , while others can't handle success.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
the bottom line is always --god gave us both life and "free will" thus god does not force us to do evil things against our will , we freely choose to do so --- its your life.and thus your choices for better or worse , -- so how are you going to spend it? what do you plan on doing with it?

one can make a bad choice and steer towards the rocks at sea --but one can also "wake up" say gee thats a stupid ideal and change course BEFORE THE FATAL ACCIDENT OCCURS-- just because one makes a error in judgement or a stupid choice does not mean one can not change their course .

OLD SEA WISDOM
while its true that GOD makes the winds that blows your vessel around , the good lord gave mankind the intellect to know how to sail -- that way one can adjust ones sails properly to profiet by the breeze GOD provides us with or one can flounder by not doing so.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
GOD provides food for the birds * but the birds do have to leave the nest to get it --GOD does not do home deliverys

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If he can keep himself alive long enough, and has the desire to change, he will probably go up and down a few times before he levels out. He has a potential new life he can "expand into", but, for a person like Ted, such circumstances can be extremely scary (due to the many failures of the past) and can cause escapist/addictive behaviors to surface. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he finds something appropriate to fill the void.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
1-13-2011

Golden-voiced Ohio homeless man-turned-celeb Ted Williams, 53, is on his way to rehab.

During a taping of the Dr. Phil Show today in Los Angeles, Ted Williams -- with his family's support -- said he has decided to enter a private rehabilitation treatment facility for his alcohol and drug dependency, a show spokeswoman says. Williams came to the conclusion following a lengthy one-on-one conversation with Dr. Phil, which will air tomorrow.

According to the show, the decision was made due in part to Williams' strange behavior over the past several days, which culminated in a physical altercation with one of his daughters at a Hollywood hotel. He was briefly detained by police and later released.

http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2011/01/ted-williams-update-of-day-ted-williams.html

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
I wish him the best but odds are he will not remain clean I have had to deal with people addicted and suffered the frustration of having them build destroy build destroy all is vanity and something I rather not have to deal with. This guy sums it up for most of

us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread