Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
National Collector's Mint scamsters are trying to cash in on 9/11 again

Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer charged that the National Collector's Mint was committing fraud in marketing the coins.

The hucksters at the National Collector's Mint are out with a fresh scam that demeans the memory of 9/11. They are shameless and shameful.

Trading on the approach of the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attack, the company is peddling in TV ads and online a next-to-worthless ticky-tacky gewgaw meant to resemble an authorized commemorative coin. It is anything but.

The coin is said to be made from the same recovered silver and from gold - only there's less of it, just 14 mg.

The company reportedly raked in $11 million on coins that Spitzer estimated were worth less than 2 cents each.
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions...rying_to_cash_in_on_911_again_with_tacky.html

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: National Collector's Mint scamsters are trying to cash in on 9/11 again

Yup, I'm sure its made out of the recovered gold and silver :laughing7: :laughing7: I hope everybody here knows enough not to buy things that are advertised as collectible. Anything advertised as being collectible isnt.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Re: National Collector's Mint scamsters are trying to cash in on 9/11 again

I think that this is very wrong but the sad thing is many will fall for it.

Pathetic what some greedy people will do to make a buck, I often wonder how they can sleep at night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions