How about TN identifying multi-name users and restricting name changes?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun2Tease said:
Thanks Jeff, the worst experience i ever had on a forum was the Whites one. I never got digusted with the management here it was other factors. Later

That Did sound Out of Line on their part.
I never went there & Don't even know where it was.
(Not asking because I don't like putting down other forums)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun2Tease said:
The swimsuit photos were too funny.

That was TOO something :D

I did enjoy Trying to get you to admit who you were though.
I think, if I remember right, You tried to tell me Pete was your Uncle
when I first started Questioning you on the Intrest in the gold Coin.
then I started thinking yous were sharing the Username

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Back to the original post, I see that we have 13679 members. is that real or do we have only nine posting under multiple names? bakergeol is right, we need MODERATION here. This is my second "incarnation" on this site. I changed for personal reasons. But we see some posters changing on a weekly basis (or so it seems). Other than those who change for technical reasons, changes should be limited, and once a year seems reasonable.

grizzly bare

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
grizzly bare said:
Back to the original post, I see that we have 13679 members. is that real or do we have only nine posting under multiple names? bakergeol is right, we need MODERATION here. This is my second "incarnation" on this site. I changed for personal reasons. But we see some posters changing on a weekly basis (or so it seems). Other than those who change for technical reasons, changes should be limited, and once a year seems reasonable.

grizzly bare

I'm inclined to agree. And as long as we're flogging this horse, why does any member really need multiple identities? Assuming that it's just a whim, vanity, or source of self-amusement, and no dark ulterior motives are involved, I say let 'em take it to a designated "Where's Waldo?" or "Who Am I? Who Am I?" board and revel in their little guess-fests without dragging the rest of us into it. It might be harmless fun, but I can recall at least one member who was far from amused to learn that the young lady whose honor he'd staunchly defended was, in fact, yet another of the endless incarnations of Pete.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"If anybody really cares, it was Buckram— but let's stick with PBK."

i knew it
i knew it
i knew it
i knew it damn i good sometimes

L

Little Bird

Now lets see the other supposed missing are: Stoney, Floater, Omni. and maybe Lonewolf. Buckram is a Florida fellow if a do believe, an old hunting partner of Omni if mermory serves me right. Point being there are more over looked folks lurking. So i think i know the Id of one of them, and they are posting as a woman also. Later ;D

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than technical reasons and life changes, I really don't see the need to change names. Well, I can see the benefit of an anonymous posting if one of us hits it big, and wants everyone else to know without telling Uncle Sam who you are! But even then, you'd have to leave the state and sign on in a hotel lobby or library to make the post. That way, when the Feds came a knockin' on Marc's Door, he could give them the IP and Posting Records and still not give away who you are, and he wouldn't get in trouble for witholding evidence! :-X :-X :-X :-X

Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats what i didnt want to say...thankx gollum now im busted ;D

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
....and you don't have to call me darling, darling....
You never even call me by my name....

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?!

LMMFAO!!!!!

Jamie

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again I've consulted with myself and we have decided that whatever you all decide is good enough for me (I mean us..or is it we?).

Attachments

• Badger.jpg
    Badger.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 240
A

Aguila

Jeesh!!!! What did I step into here? People lurking, guys pretending to be gals, gals pretending to be guys, name changes after name changes. Is this the FBI? As for me, this eagle lives only one life and that is as AGUILA.
I think I will have to read posts a little more carefully now.....i might not be getting the whole story without reading between the lines. I am so cornfused!!!!!I thunked I did, but I aint. Oh well, just remember I am the only incarnation of Aguila and peace.

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
love this site :) i got a email from someone that wanted to buy a steal SS# card that i post on here. they said they seen it on this site , i tried to reply to him that i was trying to find the mans next of kin. right after i sent the reply, it was sent right back to my email and said: could not deliver no such email address ??? i thought it fishy in the first place. who would want a dead men card :-\ i guess it was meant as a joke on me. from who i don't know but don't really care :)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Jon, some people seeking to obtain SS #'s for illegal purposes (for example, payroll use by unregistered aliens) will pay for lost or stolen cards— as well as those of deceased persons whose families have not received and cashed their death benefit checks— to use the #'s until or unless someone catches up with them. That may be what was going on with the e-mail you received.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions